Register To Comment
Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by joeychevron
    Keep this version going as it is for a while until you start losing regularly with it and actually need to improve? :P
    Meh, sounds good enough for me. :P

Any others of my team that I should improve upon? (that includes other-weights) I feel the need to update...at least some bot. :P

dont worry about saurons weapon set-ups as mark has helped me with it

Quote Originally Posted by death robotics
    dont worry about saurons weapon set-ups as mark has helped me with it
    ...what's the setups now? Anything Mark has 'helped' with is cause for concern

the same set-ups but hes helped me with what powers each weapon

thats all he has helped me with

I really dislike all these interchangeable weapon things. In practice it means you have a bucket load of mediocre weapons.

Besides the choice of motors you picked are not encouraging. A C90 for a 200kg lifter? That thing had better have one hell of a gearbox in between it or there will be copper dripping out your robot every time you try to lift something.

Where the heck in the revised stats shown here does it say that?

EDIT: I see now, you're talking about the original stats. In that case, please look at the revised stats.

No, either post them here or have someone else look at them. I have 7 forums to look at as it is every day, I'll be buggered if I will look at another.

10 set-ups...christ sakes. You're just like Ben Read when he wanted to add in almost 15 set-ups.

Some thoughts on the revised stats:

Still way too many setups, some of the scoop ones are really unnecessary.
    Linear actuators are an inefficent way to do an electric axe.
    Why do the claws need a magmotor and linear actuator?
    Covered in teeth doesn't sound good for a drum as you might just end up grinding at a robot rather than giving them one good whack.

Finally I'll trust you on the output of the spinning weapons because I can't be bothered to check it.

Ok ill revised the stats again, and remove some set-ups

Sauron
    Weight: 80-100kg, depending on the setup used.
    Shape: The robot without any setup on it is shaped like Tornado, back when they didn't have the interchangeable weapons.
    Colour: Black, with a picture of The One Ring on top.
    Dimensions: 85cm x 75cm x 25cm
    Drive: 4x S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 3x 25.9v 5000mAh LiPo battery packs.
    Locomotion: 4 Goodyear go-kart wheels.
    Armour: 4mm titanium
    Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at sides and back due to skirts. 5mm without skirts. The front ground clearance varies with the setups, but unless otherwise noted is 5mm.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Weapon: 7 different interchangeable setups.

1: A 20kg hardox scoop, designed to kill spinners. 0mm ground clearance at the front.
    2: A 10kg hardox scoop like the one above, but with an pneumatic axe(powered by 2 2kg c02 tanks) using a 3kg Terrorhurtz-style axehead. It can strike with around 300kg of force, and can be recessed into the body of the robot, keeping it invertible. 0mm ground clearance at the front.
    3: A set of Panic Attack-style lifting forks, powered by a 50:1 reduced 25.9v S28-400 Magmotor. It can lift 250kg. 0mm ground clearance under the forks.
    4: A Behemoth-style lifting scoop, using a 75mm bore 100mm stroke ram and a 2kg Co2 tank. It can flip 400kg and lift 500kg. 0mm ground clearance at the front.
    5: A 4-bar Biohazard-style lifter, using a geared-down S28-400 Magmotor. It can lift 300kg. 0mm ground clearance at the front.
    6: A 20kg hardox spinning bar on top of the robot, powered by a 25.9v S28-400 Magmotor at 4000rpm. It puts out 156kj. Another skirt is added to the front of the robot. 0mm ground clearance at the front.
    7: LIke setup 9, but without the bar. 0mm ground clearance all around due to skirts.
    Srimech: Invertible in all setups except for setup 7. Setups 2, 4, and 5 can all self-right the robot.
    Strengths: 7 WEAPON SETUPS!!!
    Weaknesses: There has to be at least 1 problem with each setup.
    Bio: The first Team Blood Mages robot with interchangeable weaponry. Will it work? We'll see...
    Win/Loss Ratio: N/A

Sorted out the axe. Removed spinning drum and crusher. Also ive removed the inverted scoop set-up

Register To Comment