Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Mobile Failure
    Shape - Box wedge
    Colour - Pale purple
    Weight - 100kg
    Motors - Those LEM130s running on 36 volts
    Wheels - 4 go-kart style wheels
    Speed - 16mph
    Clearance - the wedge has no clearance, and the sides have 3mm titanium skirts so its 0 there too. Without skirts theres 5mm of clearance
    Armour - 6mm titanium and for the bottom its 6mm polycarbonate
    Dimensions - 105cm x 75cm x 20cm
    Weapons - A titanium axe, using a rack-and-pinion mechanism, powered by 2 2kg CO2 tanks and fed off a 110mm x 20mm pneumatic ram...whew!
    Srimech - The axe!

Good? Bad?

Hi Tracy,

Two things.

20cm high is very low. specially if you want to put pnuematics in there. make it a little higher please, like 30cm or so.

Either your ram is very wide and very short (4 wide, 0.7 short), or very narrow and still a bit short (0.7 wide and 4 short). Either way not very suitable for an axe. Also at what pressure will you be operating the axe?

As a reference, this is my axe:
    120mm bore (wide), 200mm stroke (long), running on CO2 at 16 bar. That gives me 1800kg of force on the ram when it pushes, and 1700kg on the return. That is because there is the rack that slides in and out the ram that takes up space where on the other side there is gas. So one end of the ram is less powerful than the other. On the other hand it fills more quickly since it needs less gas.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Leo. It did indeed help.

Mobile Failure
    Shape - Box wedge
    Colour - Pale purple
    Weight - 100kg
    Motors - 2 LEM130s running on 36 volts
    Wheels - 4 go-kart style wheels
    Speed - 16mph
    Clearance - the wedge has no clearance, and the sides have 3mm titanium skirts so its 0 there too. Without skirts theres 5mm of clearance
    Armour - 6mm titanium and for the bottom its 6mm polycarbonate
    Dimensions - 105cm x 75cm x 30cm
    Weapons - A titanium axe, using a rack-and-pinion mechanism, powered by 2 2kg CO2 tanks and fed off a 210mm x 125mm pneumatic ram. Running at 250psi.
    Srimech - The axe!

Are the edits acceptable?

Ben, the axe would explode at that pressure. And CO2 doesnt run at 1000psi anyway.

I see big problems with that, problems anyone could see. (so Im not biased :P)

Speed: 22MPH
    Locomotion: 6 Shuffling pads with an Asmaprene/Urethane/Vulkalon coating

Impossible to control at that speed...

Drive: 2 C40-300 Magmotors @ 60V

I smell burnt motors...C40s cant run at that voltage.

Weaponry: 2 pairs of horizontal claws, one above the other, one pair moves to the left, one to the right, this should hopefully tears large chunks off opponents

Uh...exactly HOW do they move to the left and right. And I still say having two pairs of claws is kinda pointless, and overweight. :P

Register To Comment