Register To Comment
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Graupner motors

i know i said i.would stop with brushless ideas but this is for an RC car.
    1100+ watts http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 6176661487
    could you use 2 escs.on each one?
    this is just for extra info i am probarbly not going for a brushless drive.
    although it won't cost as much as satanix, i just posted the link because it looks cheap.
    edit: the motors and wheels from callums fw would be good as I'm not building a flipper.
    flipper body's should have a fipper

First thing I notice when I click that link.

Shipping: Not Available to United Kingdom
    Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
    Ships to: United States, Canada See exclusions
    Please do a bit more research before posting things, sit down with a pen and paper and work it out for yourself then post questions about the build. It took me about 5 seconds to see that it wasn't available in this country.

Don't use brushless at all, forget they exist for the moment and use brushed motors. As a tip, if you have a working robot and therefore understand the basics about how its done at FW level people will take you more seriously, partially because of that very fact and partially because you'll see that what you're asking about wont work. Incase it needs saying in blunt terms, some people are getting quite annoyed.

You could easily turn the flipper into a lifter powered by a drill motor and threaded rod and nut actuator.
    That would be simple and very cheap and give you a working robot.

Either do that or make a simple rammer like everyone is suggesting. You will learn a lot more from building it yourself though.

probarbly a simple rammer
    what are people suggesting as a motor for an actuator?
    dewalt or something.
    brushless dosent exist in my head now

car seat actuators are good ive got 1 in my robot and it can lift 24kg and you can pick them up for about £15

Why do you need an actuator for a rammer?
    If you want a good one buy a gimson one

no probs
    we've all made mistakes
    especially me

ok, so i am seriously considering gimsons with 2 gears for extra rpm so it will feel powerful even if its not.
    looking at the specs on the website they do 93.7 watts i think
    apparently Argos drills do more watts than that.
    is all that true?
    should i just get drills?

The GR01's are drill-motors/gearing in a convenient package.
    The Argos things ain't more powerfull nor better in any respect, the marketing just overstates the power. Of course, there is a difference for nominal power and peak power.

With nominal power such a motor can run untill the brushes or bearings/bushings run out.

With peak power these will melt down in a few seconds.

Adding gearing/increase wheelsize to it will just make a change in top speed. More power will be used to reach top speed.
    If that top speeds consume a certain amount of power, the motors will run hot, or even melt.

Let us take the GR01's as an example.

Most useable, cheap brushed , permanent magnet motors have an max efficiency of 70-75%
    Now, you accept the 92.7W as a given.
    Of that 92.7W, 25% or 23W is not used to give power to the drive, but to make heat. That's the power of a normal soldering iron
    That heat is removed by the fan running at 15K rpm.

In stall no power is used for movement, and the fan ain't running. That means all power is converted into heat. 979.2W pure heat. That's a nice bathroom fan-heater.
    And all that heat is concentrated in the tiny carbon brushes and thin barely insulated copper wires of the rotor.

I hope you get the picture.

Register To Comment