Register To Comment
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

Sam: Welcome back! We are starting our second battle of the game... we make three more robots go in, but one machine may come out with some parts missing.

From Toronto, Ontario, Killobite Sigma!

Killobite was beaten in the Heat Final last year by Tempest, but now, it's returned with more power, more strength and more brutality. It's better in every way imaginable, especially that crusher / forklift combo, and it can wreak havoc and cause serious damage to opponents. Can you say, OUCH?! Will Killobite bite off more than it can chew, or will it have even more deadly venom in its bite? We'll see what happens!

From Brighton, in East Sussex, Bigger Brother!

The former runner up of Robot Wars is in action again! Bigger Brother was a fan favourite in Robot Wars who made it all the way to the Final in Series 5. Its flipper remains powerful as always, and it has also got a pretty tough outer shell. However, it may be vulnerable to crushers, since Razer took care of it quite nicely in the Series 5 Final. Now, how will it fare here, being in a match with a crusher which has way more power than Razer?

From England, Alpha-Bolt!

Lewis Matthews has done it again and built another magnificent machine. Alpha-Bolt can run fast, and it has good pushing power. The main weapon is a lifting arm similar to Alpha Raptor's weapon in Battlebots. It can run both ways up as well, but as usual with all invertible machines, exposed wheels are its weekness.

Roboteers, Stand by...

Kody and Lewis are in one control booth, driving Killobite and Alpha-Bolt, and Jack Orr is in another control booth driving Bigger Brother. Now, of course we can't forget about our beloved house robots. They are Mindbender with the spinning cage, and the captain of the Robot Wars House Robot Team, Mr. Psycho with the awesome hammer and grabbing hands... looks deadly. By the way, has anyone ever seen the drivers of these house robots? I sure haven't.

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!

The Refbot signals the start of the match and here we go! Killobite immediately darts after the former runner-up of Robot Wars, Bigger Brother. Killobite Sigma, is a far different machine than Killobite V. It is a much improved machine, like I said in the introductions. New motors, new design, you name it... and immediately, Bigger Brother is in trouble! Killobite has a tight hold on it, and drags it towards the arena saws! BZZZT! Some sparks are flying, and the audience wants more carnage! They want to see some robot get brutally destroyed, and it looks to me that robot might be Bigger Brother early on in the battle! Alpha-Bolt looks on, and it stays out of trouble at the moment. Killobite lets go of Bigger Brother, but look at the damage done already! The crushing beak has already made huge holes in the armour! Now, Alpha-Bolt crashes their party, collides into Bigger Brother, and now, pushes it into the CPZ of Mr. Psycho! Bigger Brother desperate to get away from there, and now Mr. Psycho shows his mighty power by letting his hammer down!
    WHAM!
    Bigger Brother sustains damage from the powerful hammer blow, and now, it gets away from the CPZ! Now, Bigger Brother gets under Alpha-Bolt and flips it over! However, Alpha-Bolt is able to right itself just like that! Alpha-Bolt retaliates and gets underneath, and now it slams Bigger Brother into the CPZ of Mr. Psycho again, waiting with his sledgehammer! Bigger Brother tries getting away--
    WHAM!
    ... but the hammer causes even more damage to Bigger Brother, and it sustains more damage. Oh boy, this does not look good for the machine from Brighton. Bigger Brother gets away, but Killobite comes in with the lethal beak, and crunches down! The beak is causing some nasty damage to the former Robot Wars favourite! Oh dear... Killobite now has Bigger Brother tightly in its clutches, and feeds it to the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly, and Bigger Brother is limping a bit now. I think that the saws actually cut one of the tires. That will be an advantage, as it will be much easier to attack now that the wheel has been shredded. However, that does not stop Bigger Brother from getting under Alpha-Bolt and flipping it over! Alpha-Bolt quickly self-rights, and now it fights back, lifting up Bigger Brother with the lifter! Lewis is smirking devilishly and now, the Brighton machine gets taken... to the spinning cage of MINDBENDER!!!
    CRASH!!!
    Good Lord, what a collision, as sparks fly and Bigger Brother goes spinning away... oh dear. This does not look good for Bigger Brother even though it's still mobile... only just. Now Killobite gets underneath, and Bigger Brother tries to turn and fire the flipper to save itself... at the WRONG TIME! Killobite sinks its venomous beak into Bigger Brother once again, and-- OH! the Co2 tank has ruptured, it looks like! Oh my goodness... Killobite lets go of Bigger Brother, and it gets away from the Canadian machine, but not Alpha-Bolt! Now, it slams Bigger Brother into Mindbender's CPZ once again!
    CRASH!!!
    The contact unleashes sparks and a sickening crunch of metal. Bigger Brother is spun out of control, and gets tumbled near the saws! Now, Bigger Brother is standing quite still, and for me, I think it's immobile. The Refbot sure thinks so as well. It notices that Bigger Brother is no longer moving, and starts counting it out!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    A great machine known as Bigger Brother has sadly met its doom in Round 1. It's about this time that the arena becomes a playground for the house robots. Mindbender spins itself up, and rams Bigger Brother with forceful speed!
    CRASH!!!
    Good Lord, that was a big hit... and Bigger Brother gets spun away, losing some more armour. Mr. Psycho grabs the beaten machine, and puts it on the DROP ZONE?! Not THIS again... but it's too little, too late, I'm afraid. A big ol' dishwasher is about to go tumbling down on Bigger Brother! Jack, Kody and Lewis count along with the audience!
    10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... CRASH!!!
    The dishwasher comes down hard on the beaten machine, and now Bigger Brother is dragged onto the pit. Alpha-Bolt presses the pit button and Bigger Brother descends slowly... and down it goes! BOOM!

CEASE!

Well, in a situation like that, Bigger Brother HAS to say uncle!
    Alpha-Bolt and Killobite go through to Round 2!

ROUND 2 MATCH-UPS
    Killobite Sigma VS Killotine Evo
    Ge5orce (12) VS Alpha-Bolt

Tactics and Predictions... and some bags of sour candies, maybe?

w00t!

Killobite Sigma VS Killotine Evo

Ah, the 'kill' bots. :P

Well Killotine's getting rather old, so I'd say it's time to send it packing back to Glasgow, at least in need of a redesign. :P That axe will find it hard to grapple my pentagonal shape, especially with the claw in the way, and I'd say my forks would be able to sneak underneath his front scoop, at least if I dig into the floor. Drive-wise, I'm sure I can outmanoeuvre him.

Main tactics are to clamp in and drag straight to the pit. But if that isn't working well, take him to the house robots to soften him up.

Ge5orce (12) VS Alpha-Bolt

Ge5orce has this one.

Keep on truckin'!

Justine: Hey Kody, how's Killobite?
    Kody: It's doing great, and it's all ready to go. I'm just recharging the batteries for the next battle.
    Justine: That's great. I must say, this is one of the most frightening machines I have EVER seen. That crushing beak looks absolutely evil.
    Kody: Oh, it's meant to be evil.
    Justine: Haha. Anyway, you're up against... Killotine! What are your tactics gonna be for that battle?
    Kody: Well, just crush every part I can get a hold of, and send Killotine into its doom...
    Justine: That sounds scary21
    Kody: Did I scare you? Oh, I'm sorry.
    Justine: Hahahaha!

Justine: Hey Steve! All ready for the battle?
    Steve: Yes I am.
    Justine: That's great. You wanna know who you're up against?
    Steve: Oh boy. I'm pretty suspicious that it's not going to be such a nice opponent...
    Justine: Killobite Sigma.
    Steve: Crap! But seriously, avoid the front and go for the back. It's gonna be a heck of a difficult battle though... considering Kody has the crusher and forklift combo.
    Justine: All right then, good luck to you.
    Steve: Thanks a lot.

(* * *)

Sam: This is where the robots REALLY put up a sweat! PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR ROUND 2!!!

(BATTLE 3!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...

KILLOBITE SIGMA!!!

An improvement from last year, when it got beaten by Tempest in the Heat Final. The lethal crushing beak and forklift has proved to be very effective.

KILLOTINE EVO!!!

It got to this stage last year where it was beaten by the eventual heat winner Axeon. How will it fare here, I wonder?

Roboteers, Stand By...

Killobite, with the lethal beak and forklift, is driven by the amazing Kody Kunz in one control booth, and Killotine, with the axe looking ever so deadly, is driven by Steve McGregor in the other control booth. The house robots in this battle will be Matilda with the tusks and the flywheel of doom, and Lancelot with the pincers... looks deadly, ain't it?

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

Now, here we go again, as both robots look to do away with each other. Both robots have kill in the name, go figure. Anyway, Killotine gets underneath Killobite, and gets its axe down! Killobite gets driven into the arena saws! BZZZT! Sparks are flying and the audience members absolutely love it! Good attack there by Killotine, but Killobite gets away finally! Now, it fights back by getting underneath the rear of Killotine, and it sinks its devastating beak into the Scottish robot! The damage is not very significant, but that attack will score points if this battle goes to a judge's decision. Killobite gets underneath the side of Killotine now, and the weapon combo comes into play! The crusher comes down and the forklift comes up, and Killotine is in peril here, as it gets slammed into the saws! BZZZT! Again, Killobite shows the brute strength and force of the weapon! Killotine gets away, and slams into the side of Killobite! Now it slams the axe in and slams Killobite right into the CPZ of Lancelot! It welcomes Killobite with open arms, but it JUST gets away by the skin of its chinny-chin-chin! So far, this is a very good and even battle with incredible aggression being shown from the combatants! Killotine gets the axe down again on Killobite, and it causes a minor dent in the armour. However, now the tides have turned! Killobite now gets in underneath Steve's machine again, and that crushing beak down! The Canadian machine now goes into Matilda's CPZ, and takes Killotine with it! Matilda's got her flyhweel ready, and Killobite with Killotine tightly in its grasp, shoves the Scottish machine to the flywheel!
    CRASH!!!
    The sparks fly, and the force of the collision thrusts both robots slightly upward. Killotine now gets away, and slams Killobite into the saws! BZZZT! The sparks fly again, and the audience loves it! Now, Killotine lets go of Killobite, and fighting back is Killobite which slams into the axebot with its front wedge, and gets the crusher down! Killobite sends Killotine ever so close to the flame grille, and Killotine gets roasted by the flames! Now, Killotine gets away; both of these robots are doing extremely well in this battle. Killotine fights back by slamming into Killobite, and dragging it towards the CPZ of Matilda who has the flywheel ready! Killobite trying to get away...
    CRASH!!!
    The sparks fly and that slam from the flywheel tumbles Killobite on its back, but it self-rights easily. No real damage has been caused by that attack, just a small scratch. Killobite is holding on valliantly, and gets under the skirts of Killobite again! The weapon synergy comes into play now, as it holds Killotine tightly in its grasp! Now, it drags Killotine towards the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly and the audience loves it! Killobite releases its grip on Killotine, but it is somewhat limping across the arena floor; it's not moving freely. I think that one of the wheels on Killotine was sliced by the saws, and the damage is somewhat hindering the mobility of Killotine. Will that be an advantage for Killobite, I wonder? Well, it certainly does not stop Killotine from getting in underneath Killobite's side and pushes it into Matilda's CPZ!
    CRASH!!!
    The collision with Matilda's flywheel sends Killobite on its side, but it easily self-rights again using those Razer-esque wings. Killobite nudges the pit release button, and you know what that means. but Killotine comes at it and axes it up! Lots of action coming from both of these robots in this battle. Killotine now gets underneath and tries to put it into the pit, but Killobite gets away, only just! Kody breathes a sigh of relief, and now Killotine comes in and slams into Killotine's side! It slams the machine into the CPZ of Lancelot, and Killobite is in trouble-- OH, it ONLY JUST got away, as Lancelot tried to close in on Killobite and clamp it! Now Kody looking like he cannot take it anymore... and now Killobite gets underneath Killotine, clamps it hard and heads for the pit! Killotine's wheels are spinning and trying desperately to get away. However, it just cannot get out as Killobite grabs the axebot tightly with the weapons! Killotine cannot REALLY seem to escape the clutches of Killobite! As for Killobite, it can end it all here, will Killotine go down... YES! It's all over! Killotine cannot do anything about this, as it is in the pit! Steve claps for Kody as Killobite goes off running into Matilda's CPZ to celebrate! Oh boy, I've got a feeling that this is not going to end well-- OH! Matilda's side is getting completely crushed by Killobite's weapon, and already the damage is massive-- look at that! Killotine now pushing Matilda towards the saws! BZZZT! The wheel is shredded by the saws... oh lordy. Now, Matilda gets crushed even more on the other side. It fires its forlift tusks to save itself, but Killobite has already done quite a lot of damage. Killobite now going towards the flames, this doesn't look good at all for Matilda. FWOOM! Oh boy, I'm starting to have some flashbacks of Razer destroying Matilda in the 4th Wars Annihilator. Oh my goodness... and Matilda is on fire. It's just all too horrid to watch, to be honest. Meanwhile, Steve is absolutely enjoying this scene up in his booth. As Refbot tries to cool Matilda off with a gust of CO2, The crowd is going nuts, Killobite takes a bow to the crowd and Kody has a smile of satisfaction on his face. As for Matilda, well... let's just say, she's quite hot about this whole situation.

CEASE!

Matilda is on fire, while Killotine is sentenced to the pit.
    KILLOBITE SIGMA GOES THROUGH TO THE HEAT K FINAL!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Justine: Hey Andy! How's it going?
    AJ: Very well, thank you very much.
    Justine: That's great. For this match-up, you are up against Alpha-Bolt!
    AJ: Alpha-Bolt, eh? Well, it's gonna be a great battle for me, that's for sure... but it sure as heck won't be very easy. The pushing power on that robot is good, it's got a lifter weapon, it can run both ways up-- so yeah, I will avoid the front like the plague, get under the sides and rear, and chuck it out ASAP. If that fails, open the pit and try to dump Alpha-Bolt in it.
    Justine: All right then, good luck in the arena.
    AJ: Thanks.

Justine: Now we're with Alpha-Bolt and Lewis Matthews! How's it going?
    Lewis: I'm doing well.
    Justine: That's great to hear. Anyway, you are doing battle with Ge5orce!
    Lewis: Aw crud... I think I'm dead. The thing with Ge5orce is that it's a power flipper, and it's got a decent speed.
    Justine: So, it must be somewhat of a difficult battle for you.
    Lewis: Yeah, I guess. However, what I'll do is avoid the front wedge like the plague, get under the sides or back, and then push it into the saws, the house robots, the pit... you name it. It sure as heck won't be easy though.
    Justine: Well, good luck in the arena.
    Lewis: Thanks, I'll need it.

(BATTLE 4!!!)

GE5ORCE!!!

ALPHA-BOLT!!!

Roboteers, Stand By...

Andy Jackson is at the controls of Ge5orce in one control booth, and Lewis Matthews is driving Alpha-Bolt in the other booth. The house robots will be dishing out more mayhem and carnage in their CPZ's. They are Sgt. Bash, looking to flambe another robot with its flamethrower, and Gorgon with the fangs... looks deadly, doesn't it?

Here we go with the second match of Round 2. Immediately, Alpha-Bolt comes in on Ge5orce's side and slams it into the saws! BZZZT! The sparks fly, and the audience loves it! Good aggression being shown by Alpha-Bolt there! Now, Ge5orce turns and drives towards Alpha-Bolt! Alpha-Bolt-- OH! Some good air-time for Alpha-Bolt! Ge5orce flips it 10 feet in the air and Alpha-Bolt comes crashing back down! Alpha-Bolt fights back, and slams Ge5orce into the CPZ of Gorgon! The fangs come down on Ge5orce and causes a slight dent, which is not really THAT visible. Now, Ge5orce gets away from the CPZ, and crashes into Alpha-Bolt-- OH, how about that! That is one heck of a wicked flip as it sends Alpha-Bolt 14 feet up in the air! Alpha-Bolt is still okay, and slams into Ge5orce with massive force! Now it slams Ge5orce into the CPZ of Sgt. Bash, and Bash isn't pleased with that, so he torches Ge5orce with the dreaded flamethrower! Ge5orce doesn't like that one bit, and FLIPS BASH OVER! Ge5orce gets away, and tries to come crashing into Alpha-Bolt, and gets underneath! Now, it carries Alpha-Bolt to the wall-- OH! It does not go out, as Alpha-Bolt takes a tumble and bounces off the wall back into the arena! Lewis drives Alpha-Bolt into Ge5orce's side, and rams it into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly again and the audience reacts to that! Both robots are doing well in this battle. Ge5orce, of course, has the flipper which has improved a lot. Last year, it got in the Heat Final and lost to E Clawdius Unum. Alpha-Bolt, on the other hand, is a formidable newcomer with a great lifter and also a great pushing power. Now, it lifts up Ge5orce and SLAMS it into the saws again! BZZZT! Alpha-Bolt has that great pushing power, but Ge5orce has a HUGE flipper-- OH! Ge5orce just effortlessly chucks Alpha-Bolt up in the air again! Look at the air time, that must have at least been 10 feet high! Alpha-Bolt is still hanging on in there; I am absolutely loving this fight! Very good aggression shown by both robots here! Alpha-Bolt, now goes in with the front on Ge5orce, lifts it up, and SLAMS it into Gorgon, but it gets away just in the nick of time! Now, Ge5orce going straight for Alpha-Bolt, and gets underneath! Now it carries Alpha-Bolt to the wall... Alpha-Bolt trying to get away-- BUT IT'S OUT OF THERE!!! My goodness, Alpha-Bolt just won't give up, but Ge5orce finally gets it out... and it's all over in 57 seconds! Ge5orce celebrates by pushing Sgt. Bash out of the CPZ, and pressing the pit button! Now, Ge5orce dumps Bash into the pit! BOOM! Uh-oh, Refbot gives Ge5orce a yellow card, and AJ doesn't like it one bit! AJ drives Ge5orce directly into Refbot and CHUCKS it into the pit as well! Lewis is cheering and pounding on the glass fron his control booth, while AJ smiles and celebrates his victory.

CEASE!

Alpha-Bolt is struck by lightning.
    Ge5orce (12) goes through to the Heat K Final!!!

Heat Final
    Killobite Sigma VS Ge5orce (12)

w00t, commiserations Steve-O

Killobite Sigma vs. Ge5orce (12)

Hi Andy

Ge5orce is a tricky customer with its 2WD. With equal amounts of wheels, however, I'm sure I can hold my own against the flipper in terms of manoeuvrability. Force as many head-to-head confrontations as I can, use my nice drivetrain to stop him from getting at my sides. If needed, I can dig the forks into the ground to get under his flipper. When I do get under, clamp down and take to Mr. Pit, or house robots if I need to soften him up. And, obviously, self-right when needed. :P

Good luck!

(* * *)

Sam: After 6 robots, only two remain alive. However, that is all about to change... and only one robot gets to be the winner of this heat, in the most brutal, the most vicious battle of the evening. SO, ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?!

(CROWD CHEERS)

Sam: All right then! They want it, SO LET THE FINAL BATTLE BEGIN!!!

(HEAT FINAL!!!)

KILLOBITE!!!

The crushing beak has been very lethal. Let's see how it will fare here.

GE5ORCE!

This is definitely my pick to win the heat. The flipper is very powerful, indeed.

Roboteers, Stand By...

We've got a great heat final match-up this fine evening, as Killobite and Ge5orce get set to battle each other. Kody is driving Killobite in one booth, and Andy is driving Ge5orce in the other booth. The house robots in this battle will be Sir Killalot with the spear and pincers, and the big daddy of them all... King Arthur opening up its maw like a roaring tiger.

As always, Refbot's green light signals the start of the match and they're off! Silence has taken over the audience now. Both robots have worked hard to get this far, and already chasing each other around. Now, Ge5orce tosses Killobite up in the air. Killobite takes some good air-time! Of course, Killobite can self-right easily just like that. Immediately it fights back by getting under the side of AJ's machine. Now that lethal beak comes down on the 12th seeds and makes a nice dent in the armour. Both robots exchanging attacks early on in this battle, and Ge5orce gets away from the crushing beak. Now, Killobite is flipped over on its side by Ge5orce, but it is able to right itself once again. Ge5orce now flips Killobite into Sir Killalot's CPZ, but it only just gets away before Killalot could do anything with it. Now, Killobite retaliates with an attack of its own, and slams into Ge5orce's side! The beak comes down, and another dent is made on the flipper of Ge5orce, still no major damage though. Ge5orce gets away, turns and flips the Canadian machine over, and again, Killobite self-rights without any problem. Good battle we're seeing here, very nice and even between the two robots. If you remember last year's tournament, both of these robots were beaten at this stage. Ge5orce was beaten in the Heat N Final by Clawdius, and Killobite got beaten in the Heat P Final by Tempest. Thus, for one of these robots, this will be a chance for redemption. Uh-oh! Now Killobite is in trouble; it's being carried to the wall by Ge5orce! Will it go out?!
    FLIP!!!
    Fortunately not, as Kody's machine bounces off the wall and gets back in the arena! Kody sighs with relief, but it is short-lived. Ge5orce now carries Killobite onto the saws! BZZZT! The sparks fly, and the crowd loves it! Killobite gets away though, and plays the brave fool by going head-on into Ge5orce! Their zero ground clearence cancel each other out, but it is Killobite who gets underneath first! Both of these robots looking very good so far, and now the lethal beak comes into play on Killobite, which causes another dent on Ge5orce's armour! Now, it slams Ge5orce into the pit button, and the pit opens, waiting to devour something whole. Killobite starts to shove the 12th seeds closer to the pit! BUT WAIT! It only just gets away from the crusher, and gets underneath the side of Killobite-- OH, that's a huge flip right there! Killobite gets tossed 8 feet up in the air and comes back down with a loud thud! Kody looks like he can't take this any longer! Killobite now gets under Ge5orce's side again, and the weapon synergy comes into play! Now, with Ge5orce in its grasp, Killobite goes into the CPZ where King Arthur's flywheel awaits! Ge5orce trying its very best to turn and get away from danger...
    CRASH!!!
    Nope, it didn't happen, as Ge5orce gets absolutely hammered by that cutting disc of King Arthur! One of the wheel guards is damaged, but Ge5orce gets away! The damage does not stop the Shropshire machine to slam into Killobite's side! Now, carrying it towards the wall, will Killobite go out?!
    FLIP!!!
    No, it didn't, as Killobite only just hangs on and lives to fight another moment! Killobite self-rights and gives chase towards Ge5orce! Now it slams into the side of 12th seeds and gets the weapon synergy going again! Now, Killobite pushes Ge5orce into the saws and sparks are flying! The audience goes nuts, and now Ge5orce gets away, and TOSSES Killobite 9 feet up in the air and Killobite lands near the saws! What a huge flip this is! Killobite easily self-rights and is completely oblivious to the attack. Now the machine from Ontario plays the brave fool again, and slams itself into the front of Ge5orce! Their zero ground clearence cancels each other out... but again, it's Killobite who gets underneath first! Down comes the crusher, and Killobite slams the 12th seeds into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly again, and now Ge5orce is still in the clutches of Killobite! The crusher starts pushing the machine from Shrewsbury ever so close to the pit, but again, it gets away and slams into the side of Killobite-- AND FLIPS IT! That is a big-time flip right there, but Killobite just keeps on coming back! Now, Killobite again goes for the front of Ge5orce, but it's the Shropshire machine who gets underneath first this time around! Ge5orce is trying to get it towards the wall to end it all here! Will Killobite go out?!
    FLIP!!!
    ... and still, it manages to hold on, as Killobite just bounces back into the arena! My goodness, what a great battle this has been! Lots of awesome action here, and Killobite fights back! It goes for the front of Ge5orce, and the forklift gets underneath first! The weapon synergy comes into play again, and now it hurries over to the CPZ! King Arthur is waiting, with the cutting disc spun up to full speed! Ge5orce tries to get away--
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks litter the arena floor, and Ge5orce gets absolutely HAMMERED once again by the flywheel! Now, we can see that Ge5orce's other wheel guard has been damaged. At last, Ge5orce gets away from King Arthur, limping heavily... but not from Killobite! It has a grip on Ge5orce and SLAMS it towards the saws! Sparks fly and the audience again, goes crazy about it! This is an excellent battle we're seeing here, one of the best yet in this series of RoboBash! Now, Ge5orce gets underneath Killobite, and flips it over! Killobite self-rights, and time is running out for both of these robots...
    10... 9... 8...
    Killobite gets underneath the 12th seeds, and sinks the beak into one of the wheel holes, and Ge5orce is in trouble again-- OH! The wheel has been damaged, and you can hear the popping sound! That could really catch the eyes of the judges and Killobite will have points for damage!
    7... 6... 5... 4...
    Ge5orce hanging on in there but Killobite keeping the 12th seeds in its clutches...
    3... 2... 1...
    Killobite rushes Ge5orce closer to the pit of doom, but time is about to run out! Ge5orce is trying to go away from danger... its wheels are very close to the edge...

CEASE!

That was close but Ge5orce is saved by the bell, and what a fantastic battle it was! Now it's all up to the judges.

JD: Killobite Sigma / Ge5orce
    Style: 2.3/5 / 2.7/5
    Damage: 3.9/5 / 1.1/5
    Control: 2.3/5 / 2.7/5
    Aggression: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Total Score: 10.9/20 / 9.1/20

Close, but no cigar. Ge5orce had some real force, but sadly it was not enough.
    Killobite Sigma goes through to the Series Semi-Finals!!!

(* * *)
    Sam: Oh boy, AJ. You were THIS close.
    Andy: Yeah, I guess I have to accept it.
    Sam: Are you disappointed, or you think the judges' decision was right?
    Andy: A bit of both, it's disappointing to lose, but I do agree with the decision. Kody's machine definitely caused some good damage to mine.
    Sam: Well, it was great to have Ge5orce here, and we hope you can come back.
    Andy: Oh you bet I will.
    Sam: All right then! Hey, ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the amazing GE5ORCE!!!
    (CROWD CHEERS)
    Sam: The magnificent one has done it again!
    Kody: Yes he has.
    Sam: Haha. What did you think about the battle?
    Kody: Well, obviously, being in battle with a great machine like Ge5orce was tough, but at the same time, I had a great time being in there.
    Sam: That's great to hear. What are you going to do for the upcoming semi-finals?
    Kody: Recharge the batteries, and of course, sharpen the weapon up a bit and make it more evil.
    Sam: You think you can go all the way?
    Kody: Most likely, yeah. I have confidence.
    Sam: That's what we like to hear! Ladies and gentlemen, your winner of Heat K... KILLOBITE SIGMA!!!
    (CROWD CHEERS)
    Sam: Tonight, six brave and valliant robots have clashed, but Killobite ultimately wins Heat K of RoboBash! Good night!
    (Crowd Cheers, AJ, Kody and Sam shakes hands)

Next Time on RoboBash...

The angel of death, Gabriel returns after getting dazed and confused by Aftershock in the Series Semi-Finals last year! Will Gabriel shine above all else, or will it be sent back to the depths of hell? Also, five more hungry robots are wanting to take the seeds away! They are System Shock, Extreme Gyration, Lime-y, Storm 2, and Crooked Evo!

Storm 2 VS Lime-y VS Gabriel (10)
    Crooked Evo VS System Shock VS Extreme Gyration

Tactics, Predictions... a bottle of iced tea, perhaps?

For keeping Fanfic alive (and well enough, nice read! w00t!) ...damn straight you get some iced tea. I hope you like it gourmet. :P *hands some over*

Against two of your normal flippers, Storm would be in trouble. However...Lime-y's rather long and Gabriel...would have a hard time getting its flipper into play against something like Storm. I'll take Lime-y to crash out.

Crooked Evo VS System Shock VS Extreme Gyration

Erm, Gyration to kill itself. :P

Keep it up, Mr. Park!

Quote Originally Posted by kodster

Against two of your normal flippers, Storm would be in trouble. However...Lime-y's rather long and Gabriel...would have a hard time getting its flipper into play against something like Storm. I'll take Lime-y to crash out.
    Quoting self to remind peeps that the reason Storm would be in trouble is that Storm can run inverted, but can't self-right with the arm designed and powered as it is. And when inverted, it can't do f***-all. :P

Regardless, I see it pitting Lime-y. :P

EPIC BUMP. Hopefully, I'll be able to post more battles. Darn schoolwork's getting me down, which sucks... but what can you do

(* * *)

Sam: Welcome to RoboBash, where nothing makes the robots safe. Even the most toughest robots may lose their souls in the blink of an eye. Six more robots are here to do battle this fine evening, and the robot that survives goes through to the Series Semi-Finals. SO, ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?!

(CROWD CHEERS)

Sam: Oh yes, the crowd knows what's ahead. So, LET THE WAAAAAAAAARRRRS BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 1!!!)

From Patricia in Canada, Lime-y!

Lime-y is a newcomer, but as always, they are never to be underestimated. This is a basic wedge shaped robot with a flipper that has more than enough power to flip opponents out of the arena. Also, with good armour, this robot is a force to be reckoned with. However, the flipper is powered by gas, so it can run out of flips. Great machine overall, though.

From Ipswich, Storm 2!

Storm 2 got a one-way ticket to the 7th Wars in the New Blood Championships and made an amazing run to the Grand Final of the 7th Wars. It also won the third world championships of Robot Wars. The main weapon is major pushing power, but it does have a lifting arm very similar to Battlebots' Biohazard. However, it may be difficult to control at times, and being invertible means that the wheels are exposed.

From Pontefract in Yorkshire and the #10 seeded machine, Gabriel V!

The angel of death returns again, after getting pummeled into submission by Aftershock's drum in last year's series semi-finals. The flipper can flip a robot out of the arena easily, and the elongated tetrahedron shape means that it will be able to self-right no matter what. However, it's got limited gas on board. Does that really matter?

Roboteers, Stand By...

There's Joey and Tracy in one control booth driving Gabriel and Lime-y respectively, and driving Storm 2 in the other booth is Jack. The house robots are in the arena, and they all want a piece of our competitors. They are Shunt with the axe and lifting scoop, and also King Arthur with a flywheel which has more power than Chara's wicked slapshot. OUCH.

The Refbot's green light signals the start of the match, and off we go. Three very good robots are duking it out here. Gabriel chases Storm 2, but the Ipswich machine immediately guns for Lime-y! Now it lifts up the Canadian machine with the lifter and slams it into the wall! Good show of offense there by the former runner-up of Robot Wars. Now, Gabriel continues its pursual of Storm 2 and gets itself underneath the side! It tries to push Storm 2 into King Arthur's CPZ but it gets away just in time! Now, Storm 2 fights back, and slams the 10th seeded machine right into the arena saws! BZZZT! Sparks are flying, and the audience reacts to that by cheering. Good attack there, but now, Lime-y comes charging in on Storm 2 and gets underneath-- OH! A good flip there, as Storm 2 got some air time and lands with a thud! Storm 2 is still on its right side up, as it slams into Gabriel! The champion of the New Blood competition slams Gabriel into Shunt's CPZ! Shunt gets its axe down, and makes a dent in the armour! Gabriel, as we all know, went to the series semi-finals last time, only to get beaten up real good by Aftershock. It's looking to go farther this time around as it slams into Storm 2's side and flips it right on its back! Now, it is technically invertible, but this would be a disadvantage for Storm 2. Lime-y is now crashing into Storm 2, and slams it into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks are flying, and Storm 2 gets away from the saws but not from Lime-y! Storm 2 is being carried by Lime-y into-- OH NO, IT WOULDN'T!!!
    CRASH!!!
    Oh, that's gonna leave a mark! Storm 2 gets absolutely smoked by the flywheel of King Arthur, and Tracy has a smile of satisfaction on her face. Storm 2 has a small but noticable gash on the side which looks painful... OUCH. The good news is Storm 2 is back on its right side up. It is somewhat limping, probably because that attack by King Arthur caused slight damage the inside of the machine. However, Storm 2 is not really having any problems with speed, as it zooms away to the pit button. Storm 2 presses the pit button now, and the pit opens like a roaring lion, looking for some to devour whole. Storm 2 now slams into Gabriel, and gets underneath! Now it rushes Gabriel towards the pit... will we see a shocking result here...? BUT NO! Gabriel somehow gets itself away from danger! Good defense there by Joey's machine, and the battle continues to rage on! All three robots are doing well here. Storm 2 now gets underneath Lime-y, and slams it into the saws-- BZZZT! That caused very little damage to Lime-y, thankfully. Lime-y gets away from the saws but not from Storm 2! Storm 2 gets under the side of Lime-y and pushes it ever so closer to the pit... but it gets away just in the nick of time-- OH! Gabriel crashes their party, and slams into Storm 2! Now Gabriel gets underneath Storm 2's side somehow, and flips it over onto its back! Now, Lime-y gets underneath Storm 2 and starts carrying it towards the wall! Lime-y tries to get Storm 2 out of the arena--
    FLIP!!!
    Close but no cigar, as Storm 2 refuses to go over the fence and lands back in the arena on its right side up. Now Jack can't take it anymore so he drives Storm 2 right into Lime-y and starts to shove it towards the pit-- OI! What's this?! Gabriel tries to save Lime-y from danger and crashes into Storm 2's side, and Lime-y drives away from the pit! This is a really good battle in the making here; what great action we're seeing! Now, Gabriel flips Storm 2 onto its back, and Lime-y gets underneath and drags it towards the wall! Will it go out???
    FLIP!!!
    Aaaaah...! Not quite out, and Storm 2 lands back on its right side up. Storm 2 now puts its pushing power to use again, as it slams into Gabriel and drags it into the capable cutting disc of King Arthur... Gabriel tries to get away...
    CRASH!!!
    Gabriel gets hit hard by the flywheel and there is damage caused to the armour. It's still able to get away, although it is somewhat limping. Oh, now Lime-y is in trouble from Storm 2! Uh-oh, Lime-y looks like it's going to get the same treatment by King Arthur! This doesn't look good at all, and although Lime-y is trying to get away--
    CRASH!!
    Yes, it happened anyway. Lime-y is absolutely levelled by that flywheel of King Arthur and tossed onto its back, but it can self-right and get away just like that. All three robots are damaged, it looks like. They all don't seem to be moving very freely... but Storm 2 aggressively slams into Lime-y and starts going towards the pit, taking the Canadian machine with it! Lime-y is trying to get away and Gabriel tries to ram Storm 2... can Storm 2 finish the job... YES! Finally it disposes Lime-y into the pit! BOOM! BUT WAIT! Gabriel is going into Shunt's CPZ and flips Shunt over! Now, Storm 2 barges in on Shunt, and drags it... INTO THE PIT! All three drivers are going nuts in the driver's booths!

CEASE!

Alas, Lime-y has met its fate after a valliant battle.
    Storm 2 and Gabriel (10) goes through to Round 2!!!

nice fights xD

next, I predict that Extreme Gyration will go out.

prediction correct, soz Tracy

Register To Comment