Register To Comment
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

w00ty fight Sam and Andy, shame that Wedga had to go out this early I think

...did I enter ORAC? erm...I'm not sure if it matters much if I did or not, if I did then I will just avoid everything and hope the other two destroy themselves. It's all going to end badly XD

I've not replied here in ages. Goodness, how rude of me!

HEAT J
    ROUND 1
    1. Mortis VS Obsidian VS Turbulence (14)
    A rare real robot rumble! Turbulence to go through relatively easy, with Mortis winning a surprise JD. Close one, this.

2. Deliriium Tremors VS Orac VS TRAFFIC WARDEN
    Delirium Tremors may be a bit awkward for Traffic Warden to grapple, so I'll aim for Orac instead. Scoop it up, clamp it up and dump it down the pit.

This is some good stuff thus far, Sam. Can't wait for the rest.

gah, another spinner went through

I'll pick Mortis and Orac to bite the dust this coming heat

Must there be emphasis on such words? :P

Hope you don't give up the ghost Samuel, it's been good thus far.

Right, I have some battles here

Sam: It€™s Heat J, and so far nine robots have lived to fight another moment. The carnage gets more intense with every heat, and there is more to come in this heat. So, ARE YOU READY TO PUSH BACK THE BOUNDARIES OF BRUTALITY?!!!!!!!

(CROWD CHEERS)

Sam: Oh yes, the crowd knows it. LET THE WAAAAAAAARS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

(BATTLE 1!!!)

From Coleshill in Birmingham, and the 14th seeded machine, Turbulence!

The former UK champion of Roaming Robots has returned with a flipper powered by CO2. With 2 Bosch motors and plenty of traction, it€™s also got decent pushing power as well. However, as always, CO2 is limited on the machine.

From England, Mortis!

Mortis, a well-known Robot Wars veteran, is back! It€™s virtually unchanged, with the tanto blade and the lifting arm. However, the unreliability has been its downfall in the past. Will it have the same fate here?

From Hoogvilet in Holland, Obsidian!

You might have seen it in Robot Wars Series 5, but trust me, it€™s come a long way since it competed. Improved motors, a new axe, more powerful€¦ you name it. The axe can come down with a force of a jackhammer. Will this robot shine above all else? We€™ll find out!

Roboteers, Stand by€¦

Right, let€™s have a look at the drivers. There€™s Jack Orr with Turbulence, and Lian Walsh with Mortis in the first booth, and the other booth contains Leo Van Miert with Obsidian. The mysterious people who drive the house robots are secretly hiding somewhere€¦ wherever they are. The house robots will be Gorgon with massive fangs that crush other robots to bits€¦ and Matilda with the tusks and the pink arse of death.

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

So, off we go with the first battle of Heat J. Already we see Obsidian getting flipped. Now, Mortis gets underneath Obsidian and flips it over! Obsidian tries self-righting, but Mortis gets its axe down on the underbelly! Ouch, that is going to leave a mark€¦ and it has! Mortis has made a dent there, and that looks painful! Obsidian thankfully survives the attack; there is no major damage caused. Now, the Dutch machine self-rights and revs its motors up to speed! It slams into Mortis and retaliates by slamming the axe down! Not too much damage there, just a dent, and Turbulence comes in! Now, it gets underneath Mortis€™s ground clearance, and makes a HUGE FLIP! Oh man, what a flip that was, Mortis flies almost over the fence, but bounces back into the arena. Now, Obsidian comes in on Mortis, and slams into the side of the Robot Wars veteran! It gets its axe down and makes a nice dent in the top armour. Mortis drives away and attacks Turbulence and gets its axe down! However, very little damage is caused to it, despite the power of the axe. Mortis trudges away and goes to attack Turbulence! It gets the hammer down but still, the damage is minimal. Now, Turbulence gets underneath the side of Mortis, and now it flips Mortis over! Mortis self-rights using the lifting arm, and it slams into Obsidian€™s side! Now Obsidian is being hammered by the mighty axe blade of Mortis. It was a weapon that was very dangerous during the old days of Robot Wars. Now, Obsidian fights back and gets its axe down! Both robots take punishment, and dents can be seen in both robots. However, there are no particularly significant damages. Obsidian gets its axe down again, and we have got an axe battle going on! Turbulence meanwhile is staying out of trouble€¦ or is it? Turbulence charges at the two robots and CRASHES their party! Now, it gets under Mortis and takes it somewhere€¦ RIGHT INTO THE CAPABLE FLYWHEEL OF MATILDA!!!
    CRASH!!!
    OUCH, that€™s got to hurt! Mortis is thrown across the arena, and there is a huge gash in the side! The pit button has been activated by Turbulence meanwhile, but Mortis is not moving freely. I think there is something wrong inside after Matilda€™s flywheel hit Mortis. Oh dear€¦ Mortis is literally limping across the arena now, and Obsidian comes CHARGING at the Robot Wars veteran! Their axes both come down-- and it looks like both of their weapons are locked together for a brief time, but now both bots separate. Turbulence also gets in the action, and slams into Mortis and takes it for a ride into Matilda€™s flywheel AGAIN! Mortis tries desperately to flee--
    CRASH!!!
    Too little too late, I€™m afraid. The armour has a big gash in it, and the crowd is chanting for the pit. Mortis is not moving, and now Refbot gives the last rites by counting it out.
    1€¦ 2€¦ 3€¦ 4€¦ 5€¦ 6€¦ 7€¦ 8€¦ 9€¦ 10!!!
    €¦ and with that, Refbot counts out one of the most legendary robots in Robot Wars history. Now, Matilda moves in with the flywheel for the last time€¦
    CRASH!!!
    €¦ and that€™s it, Mortis is tossed into the pit. BOOM!

CEASE!

Mortis is slammed into submission and confined to the bottom of the pit.
    Turbulence (14th Seed) and Obsidian go through to the 2nd Round!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sam: Welcome back to the 2nd battle of the night. We will get ready to put three more robots in the arena, but one may NOT come out in one piece.

(BATTLE 2!!!)

From Bedford, Delirium Tremors!

Delirium Tremors has enough power to drive its opponents delirious. It€™s pretty much a Barberous on steroids. It€™s a bit sluggish, but it€™s got six wheels and a nasty 29kg drum which spins at 3260RPM with 70kJ per hit. Now that is some serious power. Can you say, OUCH?! This machine could be a serious competitor.

From Glasgow in Scotland, Traffic Warden!

Traffic Warden is a newcomer to the competition, but it€™s definitely my pick to win this heat. The clamp is a very powerful weapon, powered by hydraulics. The titanium is also not bad at all, but exposed wheels could definitely be a bit vulnerable.

From England, ORAC!

ORAC is a very old robot from Robot Wars, with big wheels and armour that could be spinner fodder. It DOES have a spinning disc and chisels but I doubt it will get very far into competition, and since there is ONE powerful spinner in this battle€¦

Roboteers, Stand by€¦

There€™s Steve and Matt in their booth at the controls of Traffic Warden and Delirium Tremors respectively, and Joey at the controls of ORAC. The house robots will be Dead Metal with the pincers and circular saw of doom, and also the big daddy of them all, King Arthur with the flywheel and clamping jaws.

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

So, Traffic Warden immediately darts for ORAC, and Delirium Tremors spins up to full speed. ORAC tries to get away, but Traffic Warden has a grip on it! Traffic Warden now carries it to Dead Metal€™s CPZ, and ORAC is welcomed with open arms! Now, ORAC gets away, meanwhile Delirium Tremors is watching ORAC carefully. ORAC tries to attack Traffic Warden, and it nicks the side of Traffic Warden with the disc, but no damage is caused. Traffic Warden darts for ORAC and grabs it, now it goes towards the saws! BZZT! The saws cause sparks to fly, and we now see on the close-up camera that one of the wheels have been sliced! Traffic Warden does not let go of ORAC, instead, it darts for Delirium Tremors and pushes it into the spinning drum! At the same time, here comes Delirium Tremors in for the kill!
    CRASH!!!
    Oh, what a hit! ORAC just gets levelled by the spinning drum of Delirium Tremors! A wheel just gets ripped off directly and carnage has taken over the warzone! Now, Traffic Warden grabs hold of ORAC, and slams it into the CPZ of Dead Metal, and it tries to get away but Dead Metal welcomes ORAC with open arms! Great pushing power there by Traffic Warden, and the dreaded saw of Dead Metal comes down on ORAC causing sparks to fly! ORAC is in all sorts of trouble, and it finally JUST gets away from Dead Metal! Traffic Warden comes in again, and slams into ORAC! Now, it slams ORAC into the capable flywheel of King Arthur!
    CRASH!!!
    Crushed. That is all I can say. ORAC suffers huge damage and the other wheel comes off, and Delirium Tremors comes in on ORAC, drum spun up to full speed!
    CRASH!!!
    ORAC is JUST tossed across the arena! Matt seems to be having too much fun, it looks like. ORAC suffers some big damage from that hit; a huge amount of armour comes off, exposing the inner parts. Delirium Tremors spins up again, and Traffic Warden comes in on ORAC! The clamp grabs hold of ORAC, and pushes it into Delirium Tremors€™ drum€¦
    CRASH!!!
    OH MY GAWD! Delirium Tremors€™ drum wreaks havoc in the warzone, as it tears away on ORAC! Out comes a battery and ORAC is absolutely undressed by Delirium Tremors! Refbot has seen enough and comes over to ORAC to count it out.
    1€¦ 2€¦ 3€¦ 4€¦ 5€¦ 6€¦ 7€¦ 8€¦ 9€¦ 10!!!
    The Robot Wars veteran is eliminated from the competition! The house robots close in on ORAC, and King Arthur comes in with the lethal flywheel! Oh no, this doesn€™t look good at all€¦
    CRASH!!!
    Now THAT is seriously asking for too much carnage. I€™ve never seen THIS much damage done before€¦ look at that. It€™s absolutely too graphic to watch for me right now, and to be honest with you, I€™m not REALLY sure if ORAC can be put together anymore€¦ oh dear. The pit release is activated, and finally ORAC (well, what€™s left of it) is interred in the pit.

CEASE!

ORAC looks more like crushed OREOs.
    Delirium Tremors and Traffic Warden go through to the 2nd Round!

Round 2 LINE UPS
    Delirium Tremors VS Obsidian
    Turbulence VS Traffic Warden

Woo destruction nice fights Samuel!

I'm going to predict that Delirium Tremors will rip Obsidian to shreds and that Traffic Warden will pit Turbulence after being dominated and flipped around for the first half of the match.

Good match Sam

There is one problem though, me and Jack were teaming up on Obsidian. But meh Mortis fails, keep em coming

Register To Comment