Register To Comment
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

not really done much on robot stuff recently apart from order alode of stuff.

3 new speed controllers (1 spair)
    1 spair disc motor
    flexi wire
    connectors.. etc

Also found out an advantage of working as a technician at cadburys.. Chocolate seems to be good as a part EX currancy when buying robot parts.. This lot is going towards an astroflight and a spair lipo lol

thats about 400 creme eggs lol

i think thats a currancy we would all like:P

I'm feeling abit sick now.... half a box gone

Mocked it up with a bodged on arm.. seems to work ok, will be abit faster on 5cell

nice, good to see your getting it sorted after all the problems you had

Thats well cool. Turns over perfect.
    What are you going to be making the arm out of this time?

will make it from some titanium bar, make it solid.. the old one woulda got bent if someone like little hitter smacked it anyhow. Just gota order the gears from HPC, or ill pop into RS when i get chance if they do them. Pretty glad its nearly done.

Not had much time to do alot recently, but got grant to go over some of the welds on the front yesterday, as pretty much all the welds on the front end had cracked, welded inside and out with alot more filler rod i got from http://www.titanium.com at £1 a rod, not to bad.

Picture of the chassis stripped down;

I don't believe this. You've got the same bed cover as me and it now looks like you've got the same desk chair

I'll be happy to have a go cracking a few welds at the comp
    Although there are 12 days left before we travel down and nothing is running at the moment! I'd better get my 'bot on

Not done an update in a while..

Well the event went well, did some damage then broke down.. had fun though..

The disc rim is nakard, had to re-grind it at the event, hardox hitting hardox isnt a good idea i guess

Broke an axle... the BEC blew up for some un known reason, which in turn blew the RX and the controll side of both brushless esc's..

So ive ordered a new HVBEC from technobots and two 150a esc's for the disc.. luckily i had a spair BR rx.

Also just paid kenny a few hundred to make me a new disc rim which will put the disc weight upto 5kg from 4.5kg (ish).. Its made from P20 tool steel hardened to rockwell 59 with tapered teeth- down to 6mm at the tips. Gona try to slice through hardox now instead or ripping pannels off. Ill get some pics up of the new disc when the works starts if kenny takes some pics

Register To Comment