Register To Comment
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: No Toy Robotics

Quick question can 8mm sprockets be easily used on #219 pitch chain, my feeling is it should be ok
    #219 Pitch = approx. 8mm (7.774mm)

very close just the chain width is quite a lot wider then 8mm

cant find a 14 or 15 tooth #219 sprocket reasonably priced as they are all custom kart parts and cost more then the 2 new gearboxes put together.

any links or info on this subject would be great.

being used because ceros has been pulled apart again and is waiting on its ampflow e30-400 motors, which will have a simple 2;1 single stage reduction then onto a 6.4:1 go kart drive reduction, keeping it original as possible in size and keeping the gearbox nice and compact. new buffer tank has been made just will need some image native plumbing solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by adz600 View Post
    just will need some image native plumbing solutions.
    What about transmitting the gas wirelessly? Or to be more accurate, pipelessly?

Helpful I know

Quote Originally Posted by adz600 View Post
    Quick question can 8mm sprockets be easily used on #219 pitch chain, my feeling is it should be ok
    #219 Pitch = approx. 8mm (7.774mm)

very close just the chain width is quite a lot wider then 8mm

cant find a 14 or 15 tooth #219 sprocket reasonably priced as they are all custom kart parts and cost more then the 2 new gearboxes put together.

any links or info on this subject would be great.
    im testing that at the mo on my heavy they seem to to run ok with a 8mm drive sprocket but havent had chance to run it properly yet, but i might have found a 11 tooth 219 sprocket just waiting for info

219 Sprockets seem so hard to find without huge price tags we just need a supplier who sells normal blank 219 sprockets, keep me informed about the 8mm sprocket hoping to start the gearbox build asap

will do but its slow going my with mine just cos im a lazy bugger lol

Looking the latest threads on fw drives these look interesting very similar shakes drives, have used brushless for years in planes and cars but not overly sure on the longevity in the combat environment as the motor housing always seem to be very thin and light weight. any ideas or feedback on these motors or brushless drive would be welcome as no toys drive has always been underpowered due to the weight in the axe assembly so these could be a good investment

According to me, most brushless inrunners have a stronger housing than the stamped tincan steel housings of batterydrills.

Also, most brushless motors have at least four mounting holes with proper threads. Just getting rid of the brushes is a huge reliability improvement; probably 50% of my drive motor failures were related to the brushes.

That's old information - ESCs for R/C cars have been able to reverse electronically for years and the main limitation has been that manufacturers built in a short delay (usually 1 or 2 seconds) to protect their electronics. If you do the research and find an ESC that has no delay other than the need to brake the motor as Mario mentioned, then you can have virtually the same drive characteristics as a brushed motor. The main difference is that brushed motors have a minimum start-up speed of several hundred RPM, while a brushed motor will turn at very low speeds. To get around that, you can use a high reduction gearbox - I use a 26:1 reduction and the result is hard to tell from brushed motors.

Register To Comment