Im currently making a new 6kg full body spinner, i was wondering obout where i should locate the link, and so ive read through the thread about typhoons link and decided i will try and take that approach when i realised my centre axle is not at all big enough to have a centre flag.
So....
I have come up with an idea but i have large doubts to wether it will be accepted.
so here goes..
I am thinking of having my lingk, inside the spinner, but there are four 60mm holes in the top of the disc where ther link will be attached,
To stop your fingers from being disected from my hand i will have a servo--type mechanism that when activated with touch the underneath surface of the disc and then locate in a slot so that the disc is unable to move, and then the link is safe to remove!
With this mechanism inplace when the link is taken out, it will still be in place when the link is put in, altho there will be a locking pin in also.
I will also have a link on the underneath of the robot so that if it is flipped the link is still accesable.
Is this atall legal? i dont think it will be but its my only hope so far
Any ideas?
Thanks Grant