Register To Comment
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Cicatrix Build Diary

Can't you try something like a voltage regulator. Or just running everything no the same voltage. Or limiting the throws on your Tx so that Drive or Weapon only gets half movement, and so in turn half voltage?

Cant be bothered with messing around with voltage regulators. I could always just swap over to my DX6 for the moment to this robot and use dual rates. I want the weapon to be run at a higher voltage, if I run the weapon at the same voltage as the drive it will be pretty rubbish and if I run the drive at the same voltage as the weapon there will be a fire

I'm just working on it as I type now, gonna wire it all up as I would do to run it all on the same voltage then try to work out dual rates on my DX6 then maybe have a test video done tomorrow. Or, if I get the rates the wrong way round, i'll have a wanted thread up for new motors

Get a cheap brushless setup from Giant Cod for the drum. Saves the need for faffing around with dual rates and you get MOAR DESTRUCTION!!! :twisted:

By cheap what are we talking? I haven't ever even looked at brushless stuff before.

EDIT: Just had a quick look, looks like at that size it could be a lot cheaper than I expected. Definitely something to consider for the future....

I probably have a big pile of money to spend on Cicatrix drum to get it ready for April so i'm gonna be pretty skint very shortly and for a very long time. Well, unless I get a decent job that is, and fitness/tennis instructors with dodgy ankles and knees aren't in very high demand, especially in January with 70mph winds

ANOTHER EDIT: Hang on hang on, how would that help Jamie?

How would what help? Getting a brushless?
    If so, then even on 7.4V a brushless will be much more impressive than the brushed motor that's in there at the moment. That way, you can run the whole robot on 7.4V which saves the need to have one voltage going to one ESC and a higher/lower voltage going to another ESC. In turn, that saves you having to worry about setting dual rates or physically limiting the travel of the transmitter sticks.

Although if this is going be doing educational demos, maybe brushless ain't such a good idea

Ahhh I see what you mean, I thought you meant just swap the weapon motor for brushless and just run it at 14.8v. would probably be cheaper to buy 2 drive motors that can run on 14.8v. I'm almost certain the ESC would handle that as its pretty much a FW esc, as is the weapons one.

In a way I suppose it would be, to demonstrate brushless over brushed motors, but when it starts going crazy that'd probably be bad :P .

When I get a real job i'll get new drive and weapon motors for it, try to get some gyro dancing on the go

True, I think two of those MFA motors is just over £20 so it probably would work out cheaper. And the higher voltage ones run on 12V+ so they'd do nicely at 14.8V.
    And gyro dancing FTW! (is it sad that that's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most with going back to a brushless setup in Drumroll? )

Not at all, thats pretty much the big reason i'd want this to be brushless too . Just watch out for the walls this time

Dual Rates!? Pah. Just don't move the drive stick as far! Or use Electronize ESC's and turn down the output. Or use a DX5E and the built in mixing with it's stupid half throws, although in your case useful!

I was considering just physically limiting the stick, but I dont have any of the things youve mentioned so cant do any of them. Electronize escs would be too big for a BW too I imagine.

Register To Comment