Register To Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The EXP League

Quote Originally Posted by death robotics
    Shall i inform them on ARC for you?

EDIT: Post number 6 6 6 the number of the beast (You can tell im an Iron Maiden fan)
    Cool song, though I personally favour 2 Minutes to Midnight and Wasted Years over it.

My entries will be sort of in tonight pending one (or both) of either a CAD from Marti or a clarification from Steve on weapon power.

...so no Sparkey, you can't have my place

Je te presente:

LIGHTWEIGHT: The Tunguska Project - stats to be in pending completion of picture

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Name: Head Over Heels
    Shape: See the picture - an octagonal robot with wedges all around and a square top, with an inverted wedge atop the rear wedge to prevent robots driving up and over.
    Weaponry: Head Over Heels is primarily a rambot but the white section of the shell is a front hinged flipper - this runs from Sodastream bottles and full pressure CO2 and is largely a self righting (not so strong as to do Mute-style 'self wronging') and pitting/OOTAing weapon - generally the rear end is used for most ramming though.
    Srimech: That flipper
    Locomotion: Four wheel drive, the wheels being located inside the robot, belt driven from two 24v Iskra 1.2kw electric motors.
    Appearance: Largely black UHMWPE with white titanium flipper front and top.

Credit goes to Andrew Jackson for the awesome image, thanks ^^

Weaponry: 2
    Speed: 6
    Armour: 6
    Traction: 6
    Manoeuvrability: 5

NAME: Mr T
    SHAPE: From the top, you might think its a T. The top of the letter T is the front, its sides contain the wheels... a picture will be posted soon :P. Out of the flat top of the T shape, a wedge extends.
    WEAPONRY: The wedge described above, is part of a high-reaching 4-bar lifter!
    SRIMECH: That 4 bar lifter! Technically it is invertible too
    LOCOMOTION: 2 Fairly big wheels.
    APPEARANCE: Look at the picture that will be posted soon!

You will then have a certain number of points to spend in the following areas:

WEAPONRY: 2
    SPEED: 4
    ARMOUR: 3
    TRACTION: 1
    MANOUEVERABILITY: 5

Apologies for the triple post here's the lightweight.

Thanks to Marti for this most excellent image

Name: The Tunguska Project
    Shape: See the picture - this is a two part clusterbot with each part being a basically identical invertible wedge with wheel guards. (and as you can see, one of them has caught fire already, get the extinguisher!)
    Weaponry: The rear of each part has two hardened steel spikes, but otherwise there are no active weapons. However, over the inner fully sealed aluminium bodyshell of each part is a fairly thick layer of cardboard, fabric, paraffin, meths, and other inflammables, so the robot's main strategy involves catching fire and then each part attacking the opposing robot while, literally, on fire, for upwards of a minute before the fuel is depleted. They then become fairly standard, if somewhat charred, wedge robots.
    Srimech: Invertible
    Locomotion: Two wheels with fireproofed rubber tyres, inside the wheel guards, belt driven from two Bosch DPD 12v 120w motors.
    Appearance: The overlying armour is brown cardboard coloured, while underneath it each part is blackish grey (or will be when the fire has finished ).
    Linking method: String tying the two parts together back-to-back - this is strong string but soaked in lighter fluid so burns really well to separate them ;P

Each part's stats:
    Weaponry: 1
    Speed: 3
    Armour: 2
    Traction: 2
    Manoeuvrability: 2

Aaaaand that's everyone! Thank you all for being so patient with my pestering. :P

LIGHTWEIGHT ENTRIES
    1. The Tunguska Project (Joey McC)
    2. Pendulum (Andy J)
    3. The Servant (Lian W)
    4. BlackRose (Kody K)
    5. Hit 'Em Harder (Lewis M)
    6. Mr. T (Martijn B)

HEAVYWEIGHT ENTRIES
    1. Head Over Heels (Joey McC)
    2. Wedga: EXP (Andy J)
    3. Metallic Doom (Lian W)
    4. Super Gore Septua (Kody K)
    5. Equinox (Lewis M)
    6. Meatloaf 2 (Martijn B)

We've got our entries, now let's get started!

----------

ROUND 1
    LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION
    Hit 'Em Harder VS Pendulum
    BlackRose VS The Tunguska Project
    Mr. T VS The Servant

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION
    Equinox VS Metallic Doom
    Head Over Heels VS Meatloaf 2
    Super Gore Septua VS Wedga: EXP

Now it's time to start a'strategisin'. The results for Round 1 will be posted next Sunday or once all tactics are in, whichever comes first.

Thanks again and good luck, chaps!

Is it full throttle ARC-style RPs or just standard FRA tactics?

Just whatever works for you, Lewis. I'm not picky.

Okay

In that case...

Lightweight:

Hit 'em Harder vs. Pendulum

Very interesting line-up, as we're both similar designs. However, I have 1 key advantage:
    Wedges.
    Pendulum looks pretty rammable to me, so I'll do my best to ram the hell out of him and try to get him down the pit. I have four times his traction, so control shouldn't be an issue. I'll press the pit release early and then concentrate my efforts on pitting him. I doubt thwacking will do much for me, so I'll just ram him unless I have a particularly awesome opportunity to cause some damage with my thwack :P

Good luck Andy, may the best thwack win!

Heavyweight:

Equinox vs. Metallic Doom

Well, I certainly don't want to get caught in those claws, they look MEAN! With 8 manoeuvrability versus a shuffler I should be safe though. The plan is what you'd expect by reading Equinox's stats; use the superior manoeuvrability to swoop in past the opponent's weaponry, lift them up with the forks and get them stuck on the barbs, then clamp them with the arm and take them to the pit ASAP.

Good luck Lian!

In the other matches I think The Tunguska Project, Mr. T, Meatloaf 2 and Super Gore Septua will advance

Looks to be a great new innovative tournament Steve><!

Register To Comment