Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robot Wars Series VIII - Week 5 Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CAJOS View Post
    So each robots first 1v1 is with the robot they fought in the 4 way heat. But for some reason this episode, they changed it and put chompalot (who was on very last legs) against gabriel as the first fight. Was this, as I suspect, to not give ironside an instant win in the first round?
    No, they drew little names out of a metal box in front of the audience to decide who faced who in the first Head To Head, then it was Winner 1/Winner 2 and Loser 1/Loser 2, then it was the third match, facing whoever hadn't already been faced.

drawing random names out of a hat and reading them out

been there, done that

Quote Originally Posted by adamclark View Post
    drawing random names out of a hat and reading them out

been there, done that
    Sorry I have no idea what your talking about

Hi I'm always looking at improving the weapons on all my robots and have some things in the pipeline.
    with all axe bots either electric like mine or pneumatic like Thor, the amount of energy you can in practice put in is limited.

When Gabriel hits another robot you can see it lift off the arena floor as the force of the impact travels through to the wheels and causes the tyres to break away from the arena surface. the only way I can increase the load is to increase speed of the rotation or better grip tyres. I'm looking into both!

When Thor operates it's weapon when the hammer swings it lifts the robot off the floor with the centrifugal force! Beta has had to resort to lots of interesting stuff to stop this from happening.

Don't think the sword does no damage the pictures below show DM with damage from one blow from stand still from Gabriel. the sword actually cleaved a slot in it's head.

13823625_10209974271495510_1541894303_n.jpg

13823687_10209974268055424_274995415_n.jpg

He did have a go in a friendly

The Chompalot team were clearly upset at not only losing and been destroyed but also at been replaced.
    I'm guessing that chompalot won't be repaired, it would be far easier to start from scratch, rather than
    to straighten mangled and burnt components.
    I never spent very much on my series of robots and seeing this total distruction justifies low
    budget options

I think this was a good show and I'm happy with the way Gabriel stood up to 2 very competent spinners. Gabriel went 3 long minuets with both and was going at the end of each fight, this meant we were hit again and again with their weapons at full power and Gabriel took it!
    When they fought each other one or two hits and the fight was decided.
    BTW if anyone asks John Reed did some calculations on the power of Gabriel's sword and it comes up about the same as THZ and Thor!
    I know there are speculations about interference from the production company, but I didn't see that, and those like Grant who were involved in the program at all levels didn't either and I trust him. I would say there were some communication problems that could be interpreted as something but I believe that would be wrong. The judges in my opinion did an excellent job and I took the time to thank them for it.

It is that massive swing that gives it all that energy. It is also why I love driving stinger, you can feel the power in that mace when swinging it.

Register To Comment