Register To Comment
Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

EUDIAL: "I'm afraid that that particular spell used up some very rare ingredients, I don't think I could replicate it again any time soon without months tracking down the reagents. But, at least 2 of the sources were in this city, and the third was shielded somehow from divining its location - it was like trying to locate something when viewing the world the a keleidescope.

There is a pause.

"However, I think you might have a lead on one of them"

The griffon gestures towards a television behind Eudial and on the screen there is a news report of a hostage situation going on down town from here - a huge figure in what looks suspiciously like armour made from thick overlapping plates of rift energy has taken some of the University Faculty hostage - interestingly from the Department of Inter-dimensional studies.

AURELIA
    On looking through the films Doomforall last watched, she finds several Studio Ghibli films that are apparently only saw production in some fairly obscure corners of the multiverse, a film of Cable and Deadpool, some wildlife documentaries, a box set adaptation of Planescape: Torment as a TV series along with various other things.

LELAND AND CLEO
    After shoving the cat through the lift, they arrive at a reception area where a Crumpet-elemental sits behind the desk.
    "Welcome to PTT, how can we help you today?"
    Last edited by alex_holt; 25th April 2014 at 15:06.

Ugh. Hostage situation. This made Eudial sick. Not once did she want to be thought of as a hero. But at the same time, this involved the rifts, and those couldn't be ignored.

Eudial's eyes narrowed, and she turned to George. "Is there anything in this castle that would be beneficial in a fight against that vandal?"
    Last edited by kodster; 25th April 2014 at 16:56.

they arrive at a reception area where a Crumpet-elemental sits behind the desk.
    "Welcome to PTT, how can we help you today?"
    Gaunt put on a smile and walked up to the desk.

"Well my friend I hope you can help me. It's not been a very good day for me lately because not too long ago I just had a rather unfortunate run-in the Psi-corps. Well... run-in maybe isn't the word for it, it was more like being kidnapped quite frankly."

Gaunt paused dramatically for a moment. A thought occurred to him, he might be able to play up to this company's paranoia of the Psy-corps. Considering what the Sucker had said about this place it probably wouldn't be too much of an untruth anyway.

"Interestingly enough one of their employees, a Dr. Seben, was trying to question me about his place. Like he was sure I had inside information about it. Fortunately another companion of ours helped us dispatch him and we were able to escape. But I just couldn't stop thinking about why he wanted information about this company and why he was so... ahhhh... unpleasant, in his questioning. So I just knew I had to come here and at least let someone know about it."

Gaunt paused again and let the receptionist take it in for a few moments.

"Now I know this is probably a more serious inquiry than you would usually get at this desk, so I was hoping that there was a higher-up here that my friend and I could speak with. It might be very important."

Aurelia sits down in the cinema, finds some popcorn, invites her posse over, and watches the pilot episode of Planescape: Torment.

"I'm not really one for cinemas..." Twitch mumbled. There were a number of things that he didn't enjoy about the places: the fact he was only two feet tall and thus couldn't see anything on the screen, the fact he couldn't eat popcorn without bringing it back up again, and for some reason every film he watched in a cinema had black flashes all the way through. Why anybody would want to watch that he had no idea.

"You guys have fun, though. I'm gonna go exploring, see what cool stuff I can find. Vaults, armoury, that sort of thing." he told the group, taking off into the air, momentarily casting a conspicuously large parrot-shaped shadow on the screen. "I'll meet you back here in a while!" he called, as he swooped out of the room, and began flying his way through the castle with his trusty bag of holding in claw.

AURELIA

There are some great production values in the Pilot and some superb acting, Aurelia can see why it was nominated for some awards, even where there are slight changes from the source material.

LELAND AND CLEO

The Crumpets all suddenly swivel so that the holey upper sides stop spinning aimlessly in various diections and face directly at Leland. Evidently the death of Seben has caught this griddled golem's interest... It presses a button and a nearby private lift opens up.

"I believe that you should perhaps talk to such a higher-up immediately" - it says in as a nervous a voice as a cloud of crumpets can manage.

As they enter the sort of lift (but more seems to be swirling around a rail towards the core) they feel vaguely sick, and the lights indicate they are now in the private floors, and accelerating. Then with little warning the whole lift jars to a halt. It opens up into a small office filled with lots of filing cabinets and drawers and trays and other bits of bureaucracy. A thick haze of cigar smoke wafts across the room from a chair facing away from them.

"So, I hear you killed that blaztach Seben. Good. Perhaps we should have a little chat, and then if I like what you hear, I might have a job for you"

The chair spins around to reveal a portly and exceptionally grumpy looking bipedal blue hedgehog. His suit is messy and has nicotine stains, and his lanyard identifies him as Olfactory T. Hedgehog.

EUDIAL

"Why of course Miss Eudial, if you head over to the equipment room and state your search preferences, we can furnish you with whatever items you feel you will need. Standard items can be provided in whatever quantities you require, but for archiving reasons we can currently only provide you with 3 items each of any unique or unusual items."

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    "Why of course Miss Eudial, if you head over to the equipment room and state your search preferences, we can furnish you with whatever items you feel you will need. Standard items can be provided in whatever quantities you require, but for archiving reasons we can currently only provide you with 3 items each of any unique or unusual items."
    Eudial scowled. "Miss"? A ripple of anger passed through her at the honorific, but she quickly dispelled both that and the sour expression on her face. "Equipment room, huh? Thanks for the info." Eudial winked and made off towards it.

When she got there, she coughed and stated about the hostage situation and the rift source, and folded her arms.

"So, I hear you killed that blaztach Seben. Good. Perhaps we should have a little chat, and then if I like what you hear, I might have a job for you"
    Gaunt's eye twitched slightly at the mention of a "job". That ended up sounding too much like bulls*** Dr. Seban had fed him. But a thought occurred to him. That George fellow had said something about loot available on their ship in his head while they were riding the lift to this office. If he could get away from this office for a few moments he could head there and at least feel stocked up in case things went south again.

He looked at the surely Hedgehog. As unkempt as he looked, Gaunt felt more comfortable dealing with him than he ever did with that psi-doctor.

"An exceptionally good idea. However if I may your pardon for a moment I was hoping to use a restroom. I haven't had proper time to collect myself since the ordeal at the Psi-corps and honestly I wasn't expecting to get to talk with anyone here so promptly."

With that Gaunt excused himself from the room and found the nearest likely deserted room and signaled for George to take him to the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    George chimes in over the com-link to announce a constant stream of updates as section of the castle open up that neither had discerned were even there previously...

LABORATORIES: OPEN
    RESTRICTED LIBRARIES: OPEN
    ALCHEMICAL LABS: OPEN
    MENAGERIE: OPEN
    ASTRAL PROJECTION APPARATUS: OPEN
    ARMOURY: OPEN
    VAULT LEVELS 1-4: OPEN
    LONG RANGE TRAVEL: OPERATIONAL
    LONG RANGE TELEPORT: OPERATIONAL
    ARBORETUM: OPEN
    TROPHY ROOM: OPEN
    ACCOUNTS OPENED FOR ALL PARTY MEMBERS: 100,000 credit allowance deposited in each account
    CINEMA: OPEN
    DEFENSIVE AUTOMATONS: ACTIVE

George continues to reel off an increasingly long list of minor rooms, however, there are three rooms which remain locked down, and nothing that Vengeance or George seems to be able to do opens them: the Fifth Level Vault, Doomforall's Study and the Engine Heart.

WELCOME PROFESSOR VENGEANCE, THE CASTLE IS NOW AT YOUR DISPOSAL

In all the chaos of new rooms and secret doors opening up everywhere, it's a little while before anyone notices that where Doomforall's corpse had rested earlier, a thick trunked oak is now wrapped around the pedastal with its roots grasping into the rock nearby. The body itself is not visible.
    Oh, Doomsy, you most charitable corpse. Thank you so very much! A pity we can't break into the study, but hey-ho, that'll give me something fun to do once this whole sorry mess is over with.

George, firewall and encrypt my personal credit account, make a full catalogue of the Armoury's contents for future attacks, have the automatons retrieve any of my personal things that have wound up as collectables in the trophy room over the years and give me first dibs on any Doctor Who DVDs stowed away in the cinema. Then have yourself an oil break. You've earned it, little man.

We really should find the rest of these rift sources, but oddsbodkins, that was knackering. I vote we take the briefest break, then try and find the next nearest source location. I'm sure our new rooms will be able to help us in some capacity there.

I'm taking a quick tour, then finding out if there really was a universe where the BBC didn't bin all of Hartnell and Troughton's stuff.

VENGEANCE

While George beefs up the security of Vengeance's account, the Professor himself inspects the film library and indeed, the TV shows a universe with all the Doctor Who series that were lost in his universe. Alongside some ones which clearly did not happen in his own universe: Brian Blessed, Samuel L Jackson, Maggie Smith, Ken Watanabe, Christopher Lee, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sean Bean are among the first batch of series he finds.

LELAND and EUDIAL
    Teleported straight to the equipment room next to Eudial, it appears to be a circular room with some comfy settees around one half of the room, some display screens on the opposite and a conveyor belt beneath them to dispense with smaller items.

Welcome EUDIAL. Please search for items. You have 7/7 queries remaining and 3/3 item claims remaining.
    Welcome LELAND GAUNT. Please search for items. You have 7/7 queries remaining and 3/3 item claims remaining.

Register To Comment