Register To Comment
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

IMGA5803.JPG
    A little bit more done, with the rear wheels on you get a bit better idea of how it will look.

Is it not going to tip forward when you stand on it, or will there be castors there/ballast at the back?

Old Saint Sword

IMGA5804.JPG

The new Saint Sword

IMGA5805.JPG

IMGA5806.JPG

1200mm long 12mm thick 75mm broad titanium

May chuck it in the van this weekend.

blimey! how much did that set you back, if you don't mind?

Now that's just plain cool.

If there's a flame jet, any chance of you coating it in paraffin?

if that the piece of ti i gave to ed ages ago for it?

Haven't looked on this thread for a while!
    Yes Dave this is the bit of Ti. I got it back off Ed a few weeks ago and Got it machined up quickly. I think the guy who did the machining had some problems with it, but the end result is impressive, the handle is being made now so it may be ready for it's test at Guildford.
    I am not sure if I will be able to attend all the day's fun, as It is my other half's birthday party the day before!!

Did a bit on Cherub this afternoon I hadn't looked at the robots since the last event Cherub did OK I had to replace a few bolts that dropped off. I think I must have forgotten to tighten them up! The batteries worked very well and Zack was impressed on how well it drove rare praise indeed.

Not surprised, it was flame cut grade 10 of the end of a massive solid slab of ti, the width of that blade was the thickness of the original block that was a few meters across! ... Was basically a piece of swarf compared to what it came from Looking forward to videos!

I was thinking about this fight and wondered "What dose Saint have to do to win?" In this one we were judged 3rd.
    I must now state I am not looking for sympathy or have some blood lust for the judges. So please no criticism of anyone!

I just want to know what we did wrong so we can work on improving our record regarding competition wins. any ideas welcome.

Or is it Saint is just a totally rubbish robot.

Register To Comment