Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool/Power Tool survey

Hi all

In a few months I'll be starting my final year at university, looking to do my final project on tools/power tools so need some help with my research.

If you could fill out my survey https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/e3cf0ee it would be a great help

Thanks Alex

Thanks

There might be more to come unsure yet...

Please feel free to share it with others - the more the better!

Done.

From the survey I'm guessing that you angling for a multi tool approach in which case you will have a hard time beating my torx oscillating multi tool! Best of luck with the project and whilst it's not ultra modern etc, the best power tool I ever used was an old bosch drill that my grandad owned. Sure it only had a 10mm chuck on it but it had a metal body and that thing would run forever. Scrap the plastic and make an all metal tool

Thanks guys for the feedback ...all very useful

The main problem with a multitool is the shape, powersource and strenght of motor.
    For freedom, it's batterypowered. But for real staying power it's cord.
    For fine work, you need a light small tool, but that precludes high or staying power.

Shape in another matter. Try to drill a hole with an anglegrinder fitted with a chuck.

In short, a real multitool will be like a swiss army knife. It can do the job, given time and effort.

Also , I agree with Gary. Even the high end brands of powertools are getting way to cheap and flimsy in the bodywork.
    For example, I use a 20 year old Makita "nibbler" to cut sheet metal, and except brushes and cutting parts it's rock solid. On the other hand, all bearingholders and main bracing are in cast ali. The head itself, bronze, cast iron and hardened steel.
    The plastic body provides a good handhold and electrical insulation if something should go wrong. And that's about it.

I actually managed to snap a 10mm cobalt drill bit in a piece of hardox with that drill and the drill just kept on going without hesitation.

I hate multi-tools... use the right tool for the job.

Register To Comment