Register To Comment
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Robo Challenge UK Championships. April 15-17, NEC

There's a chance it might NOT be at GSL !!!!!??????? :shock:

At the moment, apart from Robo Challenge being at Gadget Show Live nothing else is set in stone. We are working on designing our stand layout and agreeing the amount of space available for us this year. Space is mainly what will be the deciding factor in running an competition for safety reasons. I will keep you updated as soon as everything has been arranged and agreed - but get your robots ready for April

Felt inspired to look through the photos and videos of last year what with all this imminent news!

Also found a neat way to capture images of single frames from videos.

Any other memorable hits of the event, I'll see if I can get them. Inertia XL and LS4 springs to mind, Boner and Beauty 4.....

Any idea when in April the champs will be yet? I'm at the point of getting it into my dad's head that we're going! :wink:

Does anyone reckon that I can get my machine finished and tested by april? It currently looks like this...

[attachment=0:3qowuiwt]Shrapnel 2 07 02 12.jpeg[/attachment:3qowuiwt]

The ESC's should be here some time next week, I am going to get some LiPo's to power it, I need to buy the relay to activate the disc thats it electrically. Then I need to buy the plastic for the chassis and cut it to shape, assemble it and test it! I reckon its doable but I don't know if I will have enough time for testing and as I have seen/heard, testing is vital to make sure it doesn't just blow up or fall apart in the arena!

Oh, and have the disc made to!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Will made Inertia XL, I believe 2 days before the champs and that came 3rd! So anything is possible.

We never tested Bitza, finished it the night before, so had never driven it either and came 10th.

I think the key is to build a robot that can last the weekend.

Well the date is not confirmed so I might not even be able to make it if its right at the end of april cos I will have to be back at uni but I guess if I push it can be done! :-) Robochallenge 2012 here I come!

We are currently finalising details for the Gadget Show Live and our UK Championships there which would be on the weekend of the event. Sorry for delays but there is a lot of red tape to go through to organise events like this and we really appreciate your patience.

We also have an event confirmed for the week before the Gadget Show Live on April 4th & 5th which is our back up in case the Gadget Show falls through. If the GSL does host the UK Champs then the 4th/ 5th event will be demos, small competition and testing for teams so keep those dates free as well because thats definitely on!

Register To Comment