Register To Comment
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Robot Wars - The "Legends" Special

Welcome to Robot Wars - The Legends Special. Last time, you would have seen Infernal Contraption tamed and caged by Iron Awe 2.1, who is now heading through to the Grand Final.

But more action awaits us tonight. Amongst the competitors tonight, Series 5 heat finalist Reactor 2 makes a welcome return, as well as one of the most feared robots ever - the vertical flywheel weilding 259. It's going to be a rough night tonight.

----------
    HEAT B
    ----------

The second heat, and already the Legends Special is proving to be quite a surprising competition. When the robots are fighting for their very first Grand Final, I guess that isn't surprising. But tonight, six more robots are going to be doing just that. And I'm not willing to stop them. Let's see who lines up in Round 1...

Reactor 2 vs Wolverine vs Araknia
    259 vs Reptirron the Second vs Hassock's Hog 2

Well, they think they can, but only one will....LET THE WARS BEGIN!!

----------
    ROUND 1
    ----------

FROM PRESTON IN LANCHESIRE - ARAKNIA
    Decimated in the first round of the 7th wars, and the teams previous entrant, Riptilion, didn't fare any better.

This pentagonal shaped robot is invertible, enabling it to work in either direction. It moves with speed, and it has a spinning bar on the front with rare Earth magnets inside. But the armour, carbon-fibre and fibreglass, may just as well be cardboard, as described by the team, and at only 77 kilos, it's the lightest in the heat.

FROM LEICESTERSHIRE - REACTOR 2
    Defeated Gemini in Series 5 to reach the heat final, the team also entered Series 7 with a machine called Rhino.

This is a unique teardrop shaped robot, big at the back and narrower at the front, running on Ben-Hur spiked wheels. The front houses a unique flamp - part flipper, part clamp - and a pneumatic axe sits at the back. The design of this robot also allows it to roll back onto its wheels no matter how often it is flipped. At 8mph, however, it's slow.

FROM SWANLEY IN KENT - WOLVERINE
    Beaten in the first round of the 5th wars by Wheely Big Cheese after starting promisingly.

Named after the largest member of the weasel family, Wolverine isn't intending to pop anytime soon. This low box shaped robot is fast, quite agile and has a front bulldozer shovel with enough power, the team claim, to lift railway sleepers. I just fear for its lack of destructive weaponary, though.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!!

Booth 1 - Reactor 2
    Booth 2 - Araknia, Wolverine
    House Robots - Matilda, Sir Killalot

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!

My fancy would be on Reactor 2, personally. It is Wolverine off to the fastest start though. It charges forward and plows straight into the side of Araknia, not paying any attention to its spinning blade. It lifts up the spider based robot, but fails to flip it completely. Instead, it simply attempts to push it around, close to Reactor. Reactor turns to use its axe, and the head goes straight through the cardboard armour of Araknia. If I'm honest, this doesn't look good at all for Araknia. Reactor chops at Araknia several more times with its axe. Wolverine lifts it up again, and Reactor continues to chop, large rips being made in the top. Now Reactor turns and uses its flamp to flip Araknia up. Wolverine drives on, can the two overturn it? Yes, Araknia is upside down...and Wolverine pushes it across the arena....towards the flame pit! Araknia catches fire instantly, as Wolverine backs away. Araknia doesn't seem to be moving at all. This is going to be a very quick fight...and indeed, Refbot comes in to count Araknia out.
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8! 9! 10!!
    Araknia has fallen at the first hurdle again. Sir Killalot comes in and grasps its body with his powerful claw. He decides to place the burning spider....on the arena floor flipper. Now we wait....AND THERE IT GOES! Flying spider! Araknia, still on fire, is thrown by the flipper, and even as it lands, there is still a flicker of flame.

CEASE!!

Araknia burnt and squashed.
    REACTOR 2 AND WOLVERINE GO THROUGH.

Next time - 259 vs Hassocks Hog 2 vs Reptirron the Second.

Welcome back to Robot Wars - The Legends Special. If you just joined us, you would have seen Araknia being torched and flung out of the competition by Reactor 2 and Wolverine. Now its time to see who else will be going through to join them.

----------
    ROUND 2
    ----------

FROM ROMFORD IN LONDON - 259
    One of the most feared robots of the Sixth Wars, surprisingly lost in its heats. Team captain Adam Clark has also competed with Vector of Armageddon, Corporal Punishment and Wowot, with little success.

This machine is dangerous. Low to the ground, and with skirts to prevent it from being flipped, 259's weapon is a massive vertical spinning flywheel, capable of ripping off armour and throwing robots around the arena easily. A middleweight version of this feared machine also exists. Sadly, it is not entirely secure or reliable, and I fear it might fall apart at the seams

FROM HASSOCKS IN WEST SUSSEX - HASSOCKS HOG 2
    Lost in Round 1 of the 6th and 7th wars after various mechanical setbacks.

This is a large wedge shaped robot with large stabilising furry ears, almost certainly a fire hazard. Its weapon is a computer-optimised flipper, which is said to be really powerful if it works properly. However, it is not exactly the most reliable machine around, and it also has an unfortunate crush on Matilda....you really need therapy, my boy.

FROM FROM DRYBROOKE IN GLOUSTERSHIRE - REPTIRRON THE SECOND
    Beaten in Round 1 of the 4th and 6th wars, and thrown out of the arena by Firestorm in Series 7.

This is a box shaped four wheel drive monocoque, used to describe a robot which has one large sheet of armour instead of bolted on sections. It has two powerful weapons, a lifting scoop at the front and a vertical disc at the back. It is very fast and manuverable, but somewhat unreliable, and not the best at self-righting.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!!

Booth 1 - 259, Reptirron the Second
    Booth 2 - Hassocks Hog 2
    House Robots - Shunt, Mr Psycho

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!!

And the fight begins. Reptirron the Second and Hassocks Hog turn around each other, each a little weary and with good reason, because 259 is potentially lethal. Reptirron makes a charge, though, and tries to get around the side of 259. However, it just lightly hits the skirts. 259 turns...
    WHAM!!
    Reptirron is buffeted up, but not over! But maybe that shall serve as a VERY real warning. 259 now turns its attention to Hassocks Hog 2. Hassocks Hog gets underneath 259, and flips it up!....but not over. 259 lands on its wheels and drives forward...
    WHAP!! PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!
    Oh no, that's terrible news for Hassocks Hog 2! The flipper has been damaged and its CO2 is escaping, which means of course that its main weapon is no longer operational. 259 is dominating this battle as I feared it might. It drives into Hassocks Hog again...
    WHAM!!
    The blow knocks the Hog aside! Reptirron the Second now charges at 259....and I literally mean straight for it....
    CLANG!!
    OUCH! That had to hurt! The flipper of Reptirron the Second looks a bit bent now. 259's disc, though, is still powering on. It pauses, as if waiting for its next strike. Reptirron, seemingly despirate, turns to gets its spinning disc into play, but it collides with 259's flywheel again...
    WHAM!!
    And the force of 259's disc is enough to flip Reptirron the Second over completely! It's now on its back, and it doesn't even look like it is capable of trying to self-right. 259 could easily come in here and deliver a fatal blow....but hang on, what's happened to 259? The flywheel is spinning dangerously, but it doesn't appear to be moving lengthways across the arena. Has it lost drive? Hassocks Hog 2 is still moving, but I think only in a circle, the last hit from 259 must have damaged a drive motor. Reptirron the Second is lying on its back, and 259 IS SMOKING!! A motor is burning out!! Refbot comes in to have a look...as do the House Robots...

CEASE!!

And the fight has been stopped! All three robots have been seemingly immobilised at the same time. The judges will have to decide what to do now....

Right, ive got the tough end of the stick here.

I should have superior speed, so just avoid that disc and get at his sides. If i get under the skirt, ill lift and push as it
    cannot self-right. If the tactic doesn't work open up the pit and get him down ASAP

If memory serves I entered Reactor :P

If memory serves again Reactor can self-right and Reptirron can't, so eventually should be able to flip and immobilise him.

and w00t for Infernal Contraption getting to the heat final good fights Chris

Register To Comment