Register To Comment

Thread: Any speed controller over 40A

Looking for a 24v capable speed controller for an electric scooter I'm building, needn't necessarily have reverse. Asking just in case someone has one lying around they don't need before I shell out on a new 4QD.

Many Thanks

40amp, forward only... http://www.electronize.co.uk/model_elec ... frames.htm

I'm sure you know about these though so...

Edit: My bad, didn't read the anyone got anything lying around part. Sorry.

ive got 2 4qd's 200 amp I was asking £100 each.
    ive got a rc interface aswell if req.
    all are in vgc.

Little bit over spec'ed for this I'm afraid but thanks for the heads up. Probably could've made it clearer but the controller I'm otherwise likely to buy is around £70

Ewan, I think I have some speed controllers that were from scooters originally. As they were given to me , if they are any good to you, you can have them. I'll dig them out to see if I can give you any more info.

Ian

That would be fantastic if you've no other use for them, am more than happy to cover postage/other costs if they'll do the job. Thanks

Hi Ewan,

I'm on a late shift this week. I will get them out of the shed in the morning and post up more info and possibly some picures.

Ian

Hi Ewan,

I'm afraid I could only find one of the speed controllers and unfortunately it's max current is stated at 29 amps. Let me know if you still want it and I'll put it i the post.

Ian

If it's OK I could still test with it, perhaps install some more cooling to prolong lifetime. I'll PM you my address and if you've got Paypal I could forward you the postage cost? (otherwise cheque?). Thank you for the help!

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/sh ... p?id=26646 the 35 amp version of this esc should suit your needs. Its a plane esc but should be suitable for your application. If you qant to control it without rc gear t bots do a lovely and cheap servo tester that would work.

Register To Comment