Register To Comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New heavy called Troublesome

I think the angles ok, keep the sides all the way around on the same angle leaning in, if its verticle it will land on its side/back/rear quaters/front quaters.. just saves putting little spikes on every side that it could land on.

I like it, a cross between the old M2 and Turbulence mk1..Will have to see what other spairs of turbulence mk1 me and ed have, you mayaswell have them too.

..although this thread should be in build diarys really

ok so its been ages since i did anything to my heavy because i've been taking a break from doing any propper robot stuff. but now im getting back into the swing of things.

got my 3.2 hardox today from johnos storage unit, and after work i started cutting the back panels with a grinder- have to say this was just tiring lol i feel shattered after constantly cutting for like an hour and a half- but my dad tried lending a helping hand by suggesting i try use the jigsaw instead :P but anyway, pics below

[attachment=2:y76xv8h8]BILD0061.JPG[/attachment:y76xv8h8]

might rename it hard XD don't have to paint the name on then

[attachment=1:y76xv8h8]BILD0063.JPG[/attachment:y76xv8h8]

[attachment=0:y76xv8h8]BILD0064.JPG[/attachment:y76xv8h8]

Plan is bolt those 3 back panels on with as many bolts as possible then weld the 3 sections together then when grant does my motors and gears n that i will no how far the wheels will stick out and can make the sides so all the armour comes off in one piece kinda like the old ripper did.

for now the plan is to make the flipper arm and mount the base of the ram so then i can sort out getting it cut down to size, more to follow soon hopefully on monday
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good Calum.. lets hope your weldings improved :P

i wouldnt be so sure about that :P

flipper arm done

kind of half hinged at the back- still needs strengtening loads more but just wanted to get it all tacked and on for now.

[attachment=1:wt9pa4tv]BILD0061.JPG[/attachment:wt9pa4tv]

[attachment=0:wt9pa4tv]BILD0067.JPG[/attachment:wt9pa4tv]

it'll open about that much with all the ram in

thats where abouts the ram will go, shortened it my self with a grinder lol , need to cut the tie-rods --i think they're called-- down and the piston rod still thou

gettin tight on space inside when the rams in aswell so shud be compact ish

stuff arrived,

roboteq speedo- thanks jason and shane
    and m10 threaded rod to make new tie rod do-dars for my ram

shud hopefully have the flipper working by next weekend, ill bodge all the pipe work and try it with a random valve for now cos mouldy face is connectin it all up for me properly with the bits he used in turbulence when he decides to pull his finger out and come round XD

[attachment=0:347t8u3l]BILD0068.JPG[/attachment:347t8u3l]

I'll come over and plumb it up when i get chance... Not sure why you need my help your only doing this lol...

http://www.teamonslaught.fsnet.co.uk/Wo ... t%20up.jpg

Same setup from KA-pow and Turbulence...Best Lp bots ever

Good old woody

Not sure why you need my help
    So he can blame you if it doesn't work/goes wrong/is pish

lol dave u shudda shown me that before, probabily wont need you now

jus wudda been nice to flip 360 over next doors fence is all :P

Register To Comment