Register To Comment
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

Justine: Right, Leo. Do you know who you're up against?
    Leo: No, who am I up against?
    Justine: You are up against O.I.D.
    Leo: Now, I'm not trying to be overconfident here, but this just made my day. It's going to be a breeze. Spin up and kill it, that's the only thing to do really...
    Justine: You reckon you can do it?
    Leo: Yeah, most likely.
    Justine: Glad to see that you're so confident, and what do you think of Jack?
    Leo: He is an awesome roboteer, no doubt, but I think he's met his match.
    Justine: All right, good luck in the arena.
    Leo: Thank ye.

Justine: Hey there Jack. How's it going?
    Jack: I'm good, and O.I.D is doing good as well.
    Justine: That's great to hear. Now, you know who you're up against?
    Jack: No, I don't actually.
    Justine: Who do you want to be up against?
    Jack: Erm... anyone but the big spinning thing.
    Justine: Oh... bad news for you. You're up against GBOD.
    Jack: Crap. Well, I don't really know what's going to happen... I'll try to do my best and get the disc into play before GBOD gets up to speed.
    Justine: All right then, good luck.
    Jack: Yeah, thanks.

(BATTLE 4!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome...

GBOD!!!

O.I.D!!!

Roboteers, Stand by...

Let's have a look at the teams. In the first booth, I see Leo Van Miert who is controlling GBOD, and there's Jack Orr in the other booth at the controls of O.I.D. Both robots end with the letter D; go figure. :P Anyway, the house robots in this fight will be Shunt with the diamond-edged axe and the lifting scoop, and also the great hammer of Head Smash which could leave all robots with a severe headache.

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

Off we go, with the winner of this battle going to fight Bloody Frigid in the heat final. Both bots are spinning up to dangerous speeds here... and here they are now about to come crashing into each other, their weapons spun up to full speed!
    CRASH!!!
    The force causes huge amounts of sparks to fly, goodness me! Both bots spin out of control, and into the wall they both go with massive force! They are both okay though, and the robots spin up again and try to knock each other out again!
    CRASH!!!
    The power of the impact just flings both machines across the arena, and I'm surprised to see they're still okay! No major damage has been caused to either of them, but anyway, both robots spin up once again, and slam into each other on a full frontal collision with tremendous amounts of energy being spewed out!
    CRASH!!!
    Good gracious me, the two machines get flung away from each other, and more sparks are flying like mad! Even I'm starting to get frightened and I'm way up here commentating! This is a smashing good fight we're seeing here, and again, they collide with perfect synchronization... oh no, this does not look good...
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly, and both robots get flung away again! Lots of action here in this battle, and both robots are still duking it out! Now, GBOD tries to do a different attack now, as it avoids the disc of O.I.D and slams into the side of the machine from Richmond! O.I.D tries to turn but...
    CRASH!!!
    What a hit by the Dutch machine, as O.I.D is slammed away into the CPZ of Head Smash! Now, the house robot brings the hammer down with massive force!
    WHAM!!!
    That's what will happen if you get to close to the mighty hammer-- wait a minute, O.I.D is running in circles... I think that the earlier attack by GBOD actually dislocated something inside, or maybe it was the hammer of Head Smash... but anyway, Refbot is checking in to see if O.I.D is moving properly... and the countdown for O.I.D is on!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    O.I.D has been counted down and out of the competition! I must say, kudos to Jack for bringing in such a wonderful machine, but now, O.I.D has been immobilized, and Shunt opens the pit, and finally gives the last rites for O.I.D by dumping it. BOOM!

CEASE!

O.I.D is left dazed and confused.
    GBOD goes through to the Heat G Final!!!

HEAT G FINAL: GBOD VS Bloody Frigid

Predictions and tactics are welcome anytime, of course.

WHAT, damn you Leo, mess up my prediction will you :P

GBOD vs. Bloody Frigid

...I don't see Frigid winning. :P

I don't see Bloody Frigid being able to take hold. Spin up and attack as is the normal tactic.

Justine: Right Leo, you're in the heat final and up against Bloody Frigid!
    Leo: Bloody Frigid, eh? It's the one with the vertical crusher, isn't it?
    Justine: Yes it is.
    Leo: Well, I think that one thing that vertical crushers cannot stand is full body spinners, because that was how Razer almost lost to 13 Black in Robot Wars...
    Justine: So your tactics are to just spin up and kill it ASAP?
    Leo: Actually, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    Justine: Haha. You think you'll win this heat?
    Leo: I don't really know, but I'll still do my best and hopefully things will turn out well.
    Justine: Yes, that's what we like to hear! Good luck.
    Leo: Thank you.

Justine: Hey Tracy! How's it going?
    Tracy: I'm trying to fix it, but nothing really major, just minor touch-ups.
    Justine: Oh that's good. Now, you're up against GBOD, what do you think about that?
    Tracy: Erm... oh boy, it's probably going to be very difficult, but I'll try to be annoying as possible, and give it my best shot.
    Justine: So what do you think of Leo?
    Tracy: Well, he's obviously very respectable, and also one of the best roboteers. So I think that he's the guy to be reckoned with.
    Justine: All right then, good luck.
    Tracy: Thanks, I'll need it.

Dan: GBOD and Bloody Frigid, two very good newcomer robots are battling it out. GBOD is the more experienced out of these two, having fought in Eye of the Robot Series 3, but Bloody Frigid is not to be underestimated, of course. Now, as Leo mentioned in the pits, if there's one thing that crushers can't stand is full body spinners. Therefore, my prediction is for GBOD to dazzle us all. Anyway, let's see if we're right!

Sam: We started off this heat with six robots, but now there are only two left... who will be the last robot standing? Brace yourselves... IT'S THE HEAT FINAL!!!

(HEAT FINAL!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome....

GBOD!!!

BLOODY FRIGID!!!

Roboteers, Stand by...

Wow, what a final we have, we've got GBOD controlled by Leo Van Miert in the first booth, and also Bloody Frigid, controlled by Tracy Farber in the other booth. The house robots in this battle is the ghastly and mean Sir Killalot with the pincers and rotating spear, and last but not least, the spinning ring that is sure to make all robots become... Mangled Metal.

The heat final is on, and GBOD is in spinning mode. BUT WAIT! Bloody Frigid slams into it before it gets up to full speed, gets the beak down and carries it over to Sir Killalot's CPZ! Killalot comes in for the kill but GBOD barely gets away there! Good aggression early on from Bloody Frigid, and GBOD starts to spin up again! Now, it gets ready to slam into the side of the Canadian crusher!
    CRASH!!!
    Goodness me, the onslaught sends Bloody Frigid spinning away and the 8mm titanium is dented badly! Good attack there by GBOD, and fortunately for Bloody Frigid, there is nothing wrong with it. GBOD is in peril though, as it gets pushed by Bloody Frigid right into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks are flying, and GBOD gets away. No damage is caused to GBOD whatsoever, and now, it spins up again to deadly speed-- good gracious me, the shell is moving in a blur now! The shell is spinning so fast that you can't even see the blades on there, and... erm, Bloody Frigid, GBOD is about to hit you...
    CRASH!!!
    Lord have mercy, the arena is showered by sparks and Bloody Frigid is just spun away out of control! Bloody Frigid is limping slightly because of that attack, but that does not stop it from getting in underneath GBOD's 1cm ground clearence and dragging it into Mangled Metal's CPZ... GBOD is trying to get out of there... and it eventually does just by the skin of its chinny-chin-chin! Great attack by Bloody Frigid there, and now GBOD fights back by spinning itself back up to speed, and slamming into the side of the Razer-esque machine!
    CRASH!!!
    What a hit! The slam sends Bloody Frigid spinning away into the side wall! A dent has been made in the armour as well, and this is a terrific fight we are seeing here so far! Now, GBOD avoids the crusher of Bloody Frigid narrowly, and slams into the side again! Bloody Frigid tries to turn but...
    CRASH!!!
    That is one heck of a hit, as Bloody Frigid just gets slammed into the pit button, and the pit goes down! Bloody Frigid is still limping, but now GBOD is in trouble from Bloody Frigid, as it gets carried to Sir Killalot's CPZ! Killalot tries to grab GBOD and it does! Now it carries GBOD into the saws, and sparks fly some more! Fortunately, no damage has been caused; GBOD gets the heck away and spins up to its maximum speed! You can't even see the blades at this point, because it's moving in a blur! Now, once it gets into contact with something--
    CRASH!!!
    ...just like that, the results are deadly! Bloody Frigid takes another hit from the spinning shell and spins away near the pit, but not in it! Bloody Frigid gets away from the pit of doom, but it's not running so smoothly, is it? The attack must have knocked something out of place from the inside, and now it's limping even more... and it has little maneuverability... oh dear. GBOD comes in for what looks to be the final attack, shell spun up to full speed again!
    CRASH!!!
    Ooh, that has got to hurt, and a gash has been made on the side of Bloody Frigid! I think that Bloody Frigid seems to be completely disabled on one side now, and running in circles with absolutely nowhere to go. A fantastic job by Tracy in making it this far into the competition, but the Refbot is about to bring this heat final to a close by counting the crusher out!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    Kudos to Tracy for gracing our presence with a fantastic machine, but now, Bloody Frigid is out of there! The house robots close in on Bloody Frigid, and Sir Killalot picks it up and puts it onto the floor flipper! We will see Bloody Frigid fly in 3... 2... 1... FLIP! The Canandian machine is on its side, and Mangled Metal spins up! Oh no, this does not look good at all...
    CRASH!!!
    Mangled Metal just spins Bloody Frigid right into the wall, and finally, for the finishing touches, Sir Killalot picks it up with his pincers, and to avoid any further damage, Bloody Frigid gets dumped. BOOM!

Bloody Frigid gets knocked out cold.
    GBOD goes through to the Series Semi-Finals!

Sam: Aww, so close.
    Tracy: Yeah, losing is a bitter pill to swallow, but I always have next time.
    Sam: Yes, love that attitude! What went wrong for you there?
    Tracy: After GBOD battered the side a couple of times, Bloody Frigid was left in circles, end of story.
    Sam: Ouch. You going to come back next year?
    Tracy: Yeah, hopefully I'll make some modifications and come back here.
    Sam: All righty then! Everyone, let's all give it up for Tracy Farber and BLOODY FRIGID!!!
    (Crowd Cheers)
    Sam: Well Leo, you've waited a long time for at least one of your machines to win a heat, haven't you?
    Leo: Yes indeedy.
    Sam: Well, now you did it!
    Leo: Haha, I did indeed.
    Sam: What was the tactic?
    Leo: Usual tactics: Spin up and kill it ASAP.
    Sam: Great job for winning the heat. How do you think GBOD will do in the Series Semi's?
    Leo: Hopefully I'll go all the way, but before that, I think I'll go and recharge the batteries a bit more.
    Sam: All right then! Everybody, raise the roof for Leo Van Miert and your winner of HEAT G, GBOD!!!
    (Crowd Cheers)
    Sam: Well, we hope you can join us next time when six robots continue to clash for the title of RoboBash! Good night!
    (Crowd Cheers again, Leo, Tracy and Sam shakes hands)

Next Time...

The gloves are off once again, as the 15th seeded Wedginator 9.0 returns with a vengeance, and 5 more robots are out for blood as well! Will Wedginator keep its seeding, or will it lose its cool?

Heat H
    Wedginator 9.0 (15) VS No Consequences VS Mobile Failure
    Spin Dash Unleashed VS LockJaw VS Skull

Tactics and Predictions, please.

Hurray, I predicted the right thing to win at last. :P Good battle again, Sam.

Ignoring previous tactics given...

Wedginator 9.0 vs. No Consequences vs. Mobile Failure

Both opponents have to self-right after a flip. Tracy will self-right faster. Joey won't. So I propose a team-up with my fellow Canadian...I lift up No Consequences and flip it, and you hammer its underbelly. I'll stay near the end of No Consequences that has the hinge of its lifter on it; that way it'll fall right back onto my lifter and I can deny it getting back into the fight.

Regarding No Consequences' translational spinning abilities, I don't think they'll come to much fruition here, sorry Joey. :P

Spin Dash Unleashed vs. LockJaw v3 vs. Skull

LockJaw out I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kodster
    Both opponents have to self-right after a flip. Tracy will self-right faster. Joey won't. So I propose a team-up with my fellow Canadian...I lift up No Consequences and flip it, and you hammer its underbelly. I'll stay near the end of No Consequences that has the hinge of its lifter on it; that way it'll fall right back onto my lifter and I can deny it getting back into the fight.
    Team-up accepted.
    Go after No Consequences, smash when it seems smart to do so. Like when it's flipped.

erm...it might have to be pushing the pit release button and drawing the others into an edge of pit pushing match this time, given the circumstances :P No Consequences' large size and central wheels should make it quite difficult to pit, so with good driving I could well come out on top and try and snag one of Wedginator or the Failure and flick them into the pit with the blades, or indeed just push and lift/drag them o'er the edge. Avoid the flipper of Wedginator where I can and rely on the lowness of the lifter forks.

Best of luck to the pair of you

All right guys, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to put battles up; my laptop was acting up on me for quite a while. Fortunately though, that's all fixed, so here's Heat H!

Sam: Hey, we are halfway through the heats and getting ever so close to finding out who will be our next RoboBash champion! We've got six more warriors fighting it out, but only one gets the series semi-final spot. So, ARE YOU READY TO UNLEASH THE MAYHEM!!!

(CROWD CHEERS)

Sam: All right then, hold on tight; this heat will blow you away! So, LET THE WAAAAAAAARS BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 1!!!)

From Toronto, Ontario, and seeded #15, Wedginator 9.0!

The 15th Seeds are ready for action again, with a pair of electric lifting prongs that can lift up to 500kg, and it also has a pneumatic spike that can pierce the base of robots as well. Much improved than last year, when it lost to Leprosy Infection in the Heat A Final... how far will it go this time, I wonder? We'll find out!

From Pontefract, in Yorkshire, No Consequences!

No Consequences is a newcomer to Series 2, but has competed in the Mini-Tourney where it crashed out in a Round 2 battle against Tira 5. It's got a mean lifting arm that is powered by electric linear actuators. If you think that wasn't mean enough, then check this out. It also has a very big translating spinner which spins at about 1000RPM, and dishes out 130kJ of pure energy. The weakness, however, is a bit confusing. Runaway steamrollers...? Erm... ooookay...

From Patricia, Ontario, Mobile Failure!

Mobile Failure is a newcomer, but a very good machine nonetheless. The axe can cleave all opponents in two while the front wedge can push other robots around the ring. However, I don't really like the polycarbonate base armour, and 6mm titanium is not the MOST resilient, but is not bad at all.

Roboteers, Stand By...

There is Wedginator 9.0 with Kody Kunz on the controls, with Tracy alongside him at the controls of Mobile Failure. Joey is in the other booth at the controls of No Consequences. House Robot 1: A robot complete with grabbing hands and a huge hammer. House Robot 2: This king came back from the dead as a robot with a massive flywheel and clamping jaws. That's right, it's the big boys themselves, King Arthur and Mr. Psycho!

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!

Off we go with the battle, and the 15th seeded Wedginator scrambles towards No Consequences who has just started to spin up. As we all know, Wedginator is a very good machine, coming second in the Eye of the Robot tourney, and it is lifting up No Consequences and pushing it to Mobile Failure. No Consequences is axed by Mobile Failure but there is just a small dent in the armour. Now, it self-rights, and spins up again! No Consequences has spun up to its maximum potential, and when that thing hits something...
    CRASH!!!
    ... you just know that THAT'S going to happen! Sparks are flying and Mobile Failure's side skirt is BENT out of shape already! How about that for an attack, Mobile Failure is okay though. Now Wedginator is trying to save Mobile Failure by zooming at No Consequences, and it gets underneath! Now, it flips No Consequences into the pit release button using the pneumatic spike, and the pit opens up it's gaping mouth with a loud siren. Now, No Consequences flips itself back over on its wheels, and goes away to spin up! Now, it goes towards Mobile Failure, and the axebot plays the brave fool and slams itself into the machine from Pontefract! Uh oh, this does not look good at all...
    CRASH!!!
    Both robots spin away, but no major damage is caused to anyone. Mobile Failure is oblivious to the attack, and now it slams into No Conseuqences before it starts getting up to full speed! It brings the axe down hard on top of No Consequences, and drags it towards the arena saws! BZZZT! Sparks are flying like crazy, and the crowd is loving it! Now, No Consequences is okay, no major damage has been caused... but now, here comes Wedginator in for the kill! The Canadian machine wants to take No Consequences out and slams into it!
    CRASH!!!
    The hit sends both robots spinning and flying into the arena wall! No Consequences is still being chased by Wedginator, but Wedginator gets underneath with the wedge shape, and fires the spike at the base armour of No Consequences, causing it to flip over! Now, No Consequences self-rights and spins up to full speed again, and Wedginator also slams into it!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly and both robots go spinning away, and Wedginator pursues No Consequences and gets underneath it! The lifter flips over No Consequences, and Mobile Failure comes in and axes its underbelly up! No Consequences tries self-righting, but now it's being dragged towards the CPZ by Mobile Failure... here comes King Arthur with the flywheel!
    CRASH!!!
    What a hit! No Consequences gets flipped by the impact and almost out of the arena! Now, No Consequences self-rights, and tries to spin up, but Mobile Failure slams into it before it gets up to speed! It brings the axe down, and the machine from Pontefract is in deep trouble as it gets dragged near to the pit! No Consequences trying to get away here... BUT NO! No Consequences goes down!

CEASE!

No Consequences meets its doom in the pit.
    Wedginator (15) and Mobile Failure go through to Round 2!

Sam: Welcome back to RoboBash! We are about to start the second battle and throw in three more victims into the arena!

(BATTLE 2!!!)

From Glasgow, Scotland, Spin Dash Unleashed!

Spin Dash Unleashed has changed a lot since last year, when it was beaten in Round 2 on a judge's decision by Tempest. This year, it's got a 4mm hardox shell that is almost impossible to penetrate, and a nice 6WD design for more traction. Also, with a 16mph top speed, it can push virtually anything in its way, but the main feature is the huge bottom-dwelling horizontal sawblade which spins at about 3000RPM. Will this dash its way to victory, or will it spin itself out of control?

From Wales, LockJaw V3!

LockJaw is an axlebot, with a very nasty claw weapon on the front powered by two types of mobility. The first claw is electric for fast grabbing and the second claw is hydraulic for causing some serious damage. The good thing about this type of design is that even if it's flipped, it does nothing to the machine. However, it can be a bit of a challenge to control.

From England, Skull!

Skull is a reverse wedge robot, with a very good pushing wedge on the rear. The spinning drum weapon on the front weighs 31kg, spins at 1500RPM and has 9 teeth attached to it. This should do some serious damage, and its 3.2mm hardox armour is very good as well. The wheels ARE exposed from the top and bottom... still, good robot though.

Roboteers, Stand By...

There is Skull driven by Lewis Matthews and Steve-O there beside him controlling Spin Dash in the first booth, and in the other booth is Liam Eliot driving LockJaw . The house bots in this fight are Napoleon Botaparte with the great pushing ability, and the scorpion-like Dead Metal with the nasty sting of the saw.

We have got the second battle going here, and LockJaw already goes for the experienced Spin Dash. Spin Dash turns and avoids the claw of LockJaw! Now, it slams into the side of LockJaw, saw spun up to full speed!
    CRASH!!!
    Spin Dash's saw is causing sparks, and LockJaw is spun away slightly! Now, Spin Dash pushes LockJaw into the arena saws! BZZZT! More sparks fly and the audience goes nuts up there! Now, LockJaw gets away completely oblivious to the attack, slams into Skull's side and grabs it with the claws! It starts to bring its middle claw down on it, and the sound of crunching metal is devastating to hear! Skull is pushed onto the flames by LockJaw, and it's trying to get away... and it does! Spin Dash crashes their party and slams into LockJaw with the saw again!
    CRASH!!!
    The forecast calls for immense flurries of sparks, and LockJaw gets spun away slightly again! Now, Spin Dash pushes LockJaw into Skull's fully spun up drum using the 16mph top speed! Skull reads the play and also moves in for the kill...
    CRASH!!!
    That sends LockJaw flying, and great teamwork there by Spin Dash and Skull! LockJaw is okay though, as it slams into Spin Dash and brings the claws down! Spin Dash tries its best to get away from there, but LockJaw has it tightly in its clutches! Spin Dash is being pushed towards Dead Metal's CPZ, and LockJaw's claw eases up its grip on it. LockJaw gets away from the action, and goes after Skull! Meanwhile, Spin Dash is in Dead Metal's clutches, and the saw comes down! BZZZT! Sparks fly, and the audience goes wild! Now, Spin Dash escapes and goes into the centre of the arena! There is a small dent in the armour of Spin Dash due to the attack by LockJaw, but no major damage is caused. LockJaw tries to get a grip on Skull but it gets away and slams into the Welsh machine, drum spun up to full speed!
    CRASH!!!
    What an attack by Skull's drum, there! It thrusts LockJaw up in the air, and LockJaw comes down with a thump! Now, Spin Dash comes in for the kill on the machine from Wales, saw spinning like mad!
    CRASH!!!
    The saw causes showers of sparks on LockJaw! LockJaw is slightly limping now... I think that the attack damaged the wheel! However, that does not stop it from getting a grip on Spin Dash and pushing it towards the CPZ...
    CRASH!!!
    ... oh, what's this?! Skull tries to save Spin Dash by slamming into the rear end of LockJaw, and Spin Dash gets away! Skull now presses the pit button and the pit goes down! Spin Dash slams into LockJaw's side and tries to push it into the pit! LockJaw escapes from Spin Dash, but not from Skull's drum!
    CRASH!!!
    That attack sends LockJaw flying through the air, and almost in the pit! Skull tries to dump LockJaw using the rear wedge, but it gets away again! LockJaw gets a grip on Skull, and tries to finish it off...
    CRASH!!!
    ... Spin Dash comes in on LockJaw's side to save Skull! LockJaw gets spun away, and Skull gets the heck away as well! However, LockJaw's limping problem has gotten a lot worse now. Has the attack by Spin Dash just damaged the wheel even more? Well, whatever it is, it's heavily limping, and unable to move freely! Taking this to advantage, Spin Dash starts pushing LockJaw into the pit! LockJaw tries to get away but... BOOM!

CEASE!

LockJaw has been locked in the pit.
    Spin Dash Unleashed and Skull go through to Round 2!

Round 2 Battles
    Spin Dash Unleashed VS Mobile Failure
    Skull VS Wedginator 9.0 (15)

Tactics and Predictions are always welcome.

Woo, the 'Nuck team up worked. Care for a pint for commiseration, Joey?

Spin Dash Unleashed vs. Mobile Failure

Mobile Failure's got tough skirting I think, Steve might have a hard time chewing through them to get to the juicy wheels. I'll side with Tracy here for a grapple'n'pit. Oh, and I'll let Tracy say which province Patricia is REALLY in. :P

Skull vs. Wedginator 9.0 (15)

Hmm...Skull is kind of like Little Drummer Boy, eh? Mkay...I think its main tactic is to rip and flip, so I'll counter that the only way I know how: flipping IT. When it's flipped, it won't be able to flip me. And then let's see it get through my overkill rear armour...

So...get it flipped, then ram into its drum with the rear end to try and take it out of comission. If he tries to wedge me after he's flipped, go at him with the wedge and try to pit him. Don't flip him back over once he's overturned. Oh, and self-right when flipped, of course. :P

Best of luck Lewis.

Justine: Right Steve, found out your opponent yet?
    Steve: No I do not, who is Spin Dash up against?
    Justine: You're up against Mobile Failure. How does that make you feel?
    Steve: I don't think it will be easy to beat, but I still think I have the slight more advantage.
    Justine: Mkay, tactics?
    Steve: Well, rip the skirts off and maybe some rubber off the tires, go push it into the pit or wherever, and hope for the best.
    Justine: All right then. Best of luck in there.
    Steve: Ta.

Justine: I'm here with Tracy now, you know who you're up against?
    Tracy: No, who am I up against?
    Justine: Your opponent is Spin Dash.
    Tracy: Augh, I had to ask. But on second thought, maybe I DO have a chance. This axe right here can cause some serious damage.
    Justine: Okay, tactics?
    Tracy: Well, I could maybe snag a wheel hole and drag it into unpleasent places or puncture a tire... well, just axe it to hell, in general.
    Justine: All right then, best of luck in the arena.
    Tracy: Thanks.

Sam: Hey! This is the part where the competition REALLY starts to get fierce! LET ROUND 2 BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 3!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...

SPIN DASH UNLEASHED!!!

It was beaten at this stage last year and hopes to go farther.

MOBILE FAILURE!!!

A very promising newcomer here, indeed. That axe is very good as well.

There is Steve McGregor on the controls right there of Spin Dash in the first booth. Of course, Tracy Farber is on the controls of Mobile Failure as well in the other control box. Matilda will be in the arena for this battle with the spinning flywheel of death, and the dangerous hammer of Head Smash will be giving robots a bad case of amnesia.

Mobile Failure is first to move, with Spin Dash following. Spin Dash has that whirling sawblade, mounted at the bottom of the robot. Now, that's something we don't really see that often. The idea of this set up is to attack the wheels or skirts of the opponent so it can pose quite a threat, but look at that! Mobile Failure has a grip on Spin Dash with the axe already and it's trying to push Spin Dash into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly, but no damage is caused to Spin Dash in spite of its 4mm hardox armour. Spin Dash is spinning its saw up again, and digs right into Mobile Failure's side!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly again and Mobile Failure gets spun away! The skirt is slightly bent and the wheels are in danger of being damaged! Now, Mobile Failure immediately fights back by getting under the Scottish machine's side somehow, and slamming it into the CPZ of Matilda! The flywheel is ready for action! Spin Dash tries getting away... too late.
    CRASH!!!
    Spin Dash gets flung into the air, and comes down with a thump! Mobile Failure is currently on top, but Spin Dash must have a few of its own tricks up its sleeves! One skirt on Spin Dash is bent totally out of shape. However, no serious damage is caused to it at the moment, fortunately. Now, Spin Dash's saw is spinning, and it collides into Mobile Failure's side without notice!
    CRASH!!!
    The previously damaged skirt is ripped away with a shower of sparks! Spin Dash's sawblade is now starting to cause some real damage but Mobile Failure is not done yet! Mobile Failure gets underneath Spin Dash again, and slams into the side of it! Now, it slams Steve's machine into the CPZ of Head Smash who is about to bring his hammer down... BUT WAIT A MINUTE! Head Smash's hammer hits nothing but the floor due to Spin Dash's miraculous escape! Spin Dash continues to battle another moment or two, as it slams into the side of the Canadian machine with the spinning sawblade!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly, and Mobile Failure looks to be limping a bit now! The wheel must have taken some damage, and this will be very important for the judges if it goes to a judge's decision! Spin Dash now presses the pit button, and the pit goes down! Mobile Failure gets underneath Spin Dash and tries to fire the axe, but it gets away just in the nick of time! Spin Dash spins up its saw again, and slams into the side of Mobile Failure with massive force!
    CRASH!!!
    WHAT A HIT, that spins Mobile Failure away, and now the other wheel is damaged! Oh dear... Mobile Failure is now limping even more, and taking that to an advantage, Spin Dash drags the axebot into the CPZ of Head Smash! The hammer comes down...
    WHAM!!!
    ...but Mobile Failure gets away miraculously and it hits nothing but the arena floor! I wouldn't want to imagine what could've happened to Mobile Failure if the hammer came down on it, but thankfully, it did not happen. Goodness me, what an interesting turn of events here! Steve is surprised beyond description here. Tracy sighs with relief, but that relief is short-lived, as Spin Dash spins up its saw and slams into Mobile Failure once again, trying to create more damage!
    CRASH!!!
    The sparks are littering the arena floor, and the titanium armour is scratched by the blade! Mobile Failure retaliates by giving Spin Dash a taste of its axe! Spin Dash is okay though, just a dent can be seen in the armour. However, time is running out for both of these robots here...
    10... 9... 8... 7...
    CRASH!!!
    The other skirt on Mobile Failure is bent out of shape here due to Spin Dash's sawblade...
    6... 5... 4...
    Both robots are trying to make the most out of the time here, and Spin Dash spins up again...
    3... 2... 1...
    CRASH!!!
    The other skirt of Mobile Failure is ripped away!

CEASE!

Both robots are still mobile at the end, so it goes to the judges. Let's have a look at the scores.

JD: Spin Dash / Mobile Failure
    Style: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Control: 2.5/5 / 2.5/5
    Damage: 2.6/5 / 2.4/5
    Aggresion: 2.55/5 / 2.45/5
    Total Score: 10.05/20 / 9.95/20

Mobile Failure gets spun and dashed like nobody's business.
    Spin Dash Unleashed goes through to the Heat H Final!

Register To Comment