Register To Comment
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading - Robots Live - 24th & 25th October

team orr had a great weekend,

the new heavyweight rocks , in our first fight we punctured pucks left tire withour axe and then flipped it out the arena, then we pushed toxic 2 into th pit (how did that get back out btw? lol) and had a nice little tussle with iron awe 5, we had him on the ropes, almost flipping him out the arena (although i suspect he was going easy on us ) then we did a spectacular move, we were almost flipped out of the arena when ben fired the axe which knocked us back into the arena i think iron awe won overall but it was a moral victory for us

that was the only fight we got on the satarday but it blew us away, this machine is truly awsome

on sunday we arrived early, due to our hotel being only just down the road, we met some really cool guys, it was good to meet tom and calum for the first time we had some issues with our feather, and didnt get ittoo run in the first show, however, after much help from tom we got it working in the final featherweight wightboard. which ended with us in the pit after a run in with battle axe.

all of our fights, including our heavys fights from sunday will be up soon

jack

proud owner of orrion

Thanks to Robots Live for a great weekend despite being a few crew members down.

Well Done to Iron Awe 6 for winning the heavyweights and to Anticide for winning almost everything in the ants.

Also well done to Team Orr and Orrion for doing very well considering it was their first event with it!

Thanks again!

Just got in from this, for my first 'big' event I couldn't have asked for more really the vast majority of roboteers were welcoming and friendly, those that weren't I was too terrified to talk to :P and it's spurred me to get the featherweight done for Wigan so I can have a go in a big arena myself...many thanks to the RL crew for putting up with me and for organising a very good event given the lack of manpower, Dave Weston for making me feel a bit less nervous than I was ;P, Trevor for the regulator (I'll save that drive of MMM for some other time, heh) and everyone who was there for being generally super people.

...oh and it was a great event on the robotic fighting side of things :P flipping, axing, robots being thrown into the arena barriers at some speed, and some worthy winners.

Roboteer

Ok So a great event for Team Tilly

Well done to Robots Live

A great event for me as i became a roboteer again and had loads of fun like you guys normally do and had the time to spend on seeing how tilly evo ran and sort out the little problems i dont normally have time too ...

Then to come a very very close runner up to iron awe 6 ( well done guys ) ( next time )

All in all a most enjoyable event
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Thanks to all at Robots live for another great weekend, I am very much looking forward to your next event.
    Also many thanks for all the positive comments about the walker Pilgrim.
    So good to see so many Roboteer friends there.

Roboteer

Well another great weekend draws to a close.A big thanks to the Robots Live crew a job well done under immense pressure.Congratulations to all the winners, some great fights in both weight classes.
    We saved money this weekend by getting a free night in the Crown Plaza hotel, saved money by getting breakfast in thr Premier Inn and then blew it all on losing 4 Hawkers in 2 days. Oh well its only money. :sad: :sad:
    Burnt a hole in my jeans with a soldering iron, much to the amusement of team Shock, thanks for lending it to me Ian.
    See you at Maidstone (anybody got any Duracells?)
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Just got back from unloading the vans and lorry after what appears to have been a very good event even if the crew were too busy to appreciate it. Well done to Iron Awe again and Aftershock for their wins. There was a huge roboteer turn out which is a very positive thing, including some up and coming younger teams especially the Orrion team, (btw Jack i you want any help with the pneumatics, i.e. prv just let me know).

Apocalypse had one fight and ended up in the pit, no surprise there. DB5 did ok just missing out on getting to the final due to a judges decision.

Finally a big thank you to all the teams that stayed behind at the end to help, we got out by 9, in what must be a new record take down time.

Roboteer

goodbye Weird Alice we will miss you
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011