Register To Comment

Thread: HELP

Hi everyone
    I need some help and advice please (again)
    I have spent the weekend trying to get Little Devil and Devils Little Helper ready for RIAT (thats the good news) Unfortunately whilst making the holes bigger on Little Devil so that the new wheels had more clearance I have managed to snap the axel on one of the wheels. Running on three wheels is not very helpful.
    Then I started on Devils Little Helper, the battery packs needed re-soldering and we had a faulty safety light. I fixed and soldered the battery packs (I am learning!!!) and they are ok but I managed to totally destroy the LED light and it is now in pieces. I have checked and a local shop have varying different sizes available.

First question - Is it fairly simple for me (yes me) to attach a new LED light to the old wiring and is there anything I should know before trying to.

Next one - Is anyone bringing their welding equipment to RIAT and coudl they re-attach the wheel to Little Devil and possibly explain why it has gone.

And again - Can anyone help me to support the axels on Devils Little Helper as it currently only using the motor and there is nothing on the other side to stop the wheels buckling.

Final question - Why did a mother of 2 agree to get 2 robots for her children when she has no knowledge about these things and cant even work her mobile phone properly?

On a positive note we are all really looking forward to RIAT and our first time camping. Things can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any assistance greatly appreciated and I am going back to work for a rest.
    Regards and love to all

Debbie XXX

With the LED just make sure you get the postive and neg wires on the correct terminal on the led -if you dont it just wont work

what sort of motors do you have and how did it snap?

hope this helps

Roboteer

Debbie Help is at hand i will bring you 2/3 new shafts and 2 power lights and show you how to support the shafts .......all to be done at riat ...
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Roboteer

suggest you do it before and not during the social
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010