Just another boring link question...

Just to get confirmation on how a link is to be mounted on an overhead horizontal bar spinner: the bar has a larger diameter than any extent of the robot's main body, so there is no way to remove a link by hand while staying entirely clear of the weapon. Think Hazard from Battlebots.

To mitigate this risk - the weapon motors are brushless, which ensures that a possible motor controller failure will fail safe. A contactor will be installed on the power supply to the weapon ESCs, which is enabled and disabled by radio, and equipped with two WEAPON LIVE LEDs with independent paths of connection - this can also be tested by blipping the weapon throttle. Finally, the weapon and drive links (independent battery packs will be used for weapon and drive) will be located on the rear of the robot in such a way that they can be removed using a long handled implement from a safe distance (boat-hook or similar into an eye on the link).

My question is this: would the above configuration satisfy the removable link location demands (given that there is no way that a location on the robot's periphery can be anything like clear of the weapon - similar to a full body spinner), or is the link required to be installed centrally, accessible through a rod inserted into a hollow weapon shaft? I just want to clarify the answer so, if required, I can redesign the weapon drive structure and bearings (the bar too, as a much larger diameter shaft would be necessary).