Register To Comment
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by muchalucha
    Apparentyl there hasent been any problems yet but they dont use encritptionas good as those with spektrums or futaba systems.
    That's not quite the case if you understand the technology a bit (which I have had explained to me but can't really claim to understand it fully).

The 2.4ghz protocol works on the basis of 'packets of information' which are sent between bound receivers. If a channel gets busy then it can get back up the information delivery (IE: your wi-fi which could be 2.4ghz can do the same if a lot of people are on line).

The encryption is the same, it all works on the same protocol.

What Fatuba and Spektrum have done is use the protocol to develop a top end system which operates well using channel hopping etc to make sure the flow of information is quick and reliable.

On the Planet 5 this was originally marketed as 'FHSS' which is the Fatuba protocol. If you get a set now this will be covered up with a sticker. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this but I assume it is because of trademarks etc. The fact that this was on there seems to indicate it uses some form of channel hopping, whether it is as good as the Fatuba remains to be seen but it's not difficult programming to achieve it.

These transmitters are still relatively untested. From what I've seen I'd be quite comfortable to use them in an antweight or a feather but I don't really think they've proved themselves enoughtfor me personally to use them in one of the heavies. I'd just rather make sure there aren't any issues with speed of response or signal congestion or things running away before getting Pete to chase it round the arena when it's out of control!

Andy

Frequency-hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) is a standard method of transmitting radio signals by rapidly switching a carrier among many frequency channels. It is not something from Futaba. You are confusing it with FASST which is a Futaba trademark. FASST uses FHSS in its protocol, while Spektrum uses DSSS (direct-sequence spread spectrum) in its DSM and DSM2 protocol.

Spektrum receivers do indeed also not failsafe immediately, it takes a few seconds and that is okay.

Register To Comment