Register To Comment
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 4

Hoowaaaaay!

HEAT A
    ELIMINATORS
    1) Disco 5 (1) VS The Final Cut
    An interesting pair for the first fight of the tourny, but I think Disco can boogie to victory once again.

2) Drilla Killa 7 VS MORNINGTON CRESCENT
    Zoiks, Hardox pushers aren't exactly Mornington Crescent's bag but let's give it a go. I'll use my superior manoueverability to avoid the front wedge and aim for the sides or rear. Ripping off those skirts should rack up a good few Damage points. Basically keep moving and batter it till it dies. If Drilla Killa manages to catch me, keep on spinning and see if I can't tear one of those drills off.

You've got a great line-up for war four, Kody. Can't wait for the kick-off!

Presenting: TEAM PICUS' TACTICS

Heat C: Killotine: EVO vs. STAT:

Avoid the front of Killotine (and, by extension, the axe) and attempt to ram it quite a bit at the front corners, sides and rear, getting up a good head of steam with the spike to try and dent or punch into the shell, and then ram it into various objects. If spiking it fails to work, use the flat arse end (to use the technical term) of the robot to push Killotine around and into various things, including and not limited to; the wall discs, the pit, the house robots, and any portals to hell that may appear over the course of the event.

Best of luck Steve

Heat I: With Or Without You vs. Magnitude, Heat K: Shovearound 2.5 vs. Gabriel IV, Heat O: Ge5orce vs. N³: Will all come closer to to the fights themselves

Razzler vs. Katjuscha vs. Wedge 3mm vs. Bobcat:

I am much faster than Razzler or Wedge 3mm with the geared motors for drive, Katjuscha is my main concern here with that Hardox spinner. Tactics will be to keep either Wedge or Razzler between myself and Leo's machine, and grab onto whichever of those two is nearest - Razzler was a Razer toy and Wedge has polycarbonate armour so I should be able to get a good hold if I get under them at the sides or rear - and then feed the unfortunate victim to Katjuscha in the hope that, with our combined 300g and Katjuscha being 148g, it will suffer the recoil more than we do and flip itself over or out of the arena, or overload the weapon controller, or have some other positive effect. Try and do this when close to an enclosed side of the arena so if we do get thrown I can bounce back in hopefully :P
    If that works, it should kill both Katjuscha and whoever I'm holding, but it's a big if.
    In the event of that failing, I shall try and get around the rear of Katjuscha, or in on the side facing the camera in the above pic, and get firmly beneath it before pouring on the amps on the crusher motor. I might be able to go through the Kevlar - my priority will actually be to sever that exposed aerial but getting through would be good - and hope that I damage something important. If I now have control over it and the spinner is still going, make use of it and whack something.
    If I penetrate the battery pack and it all goes up in flames, drop it and run away. Very fast.
    And if the opportunity arises to shove someone off the edge for an easy elimination, do so. Although if anyone wants to team up something could be arranged...

Small System Shock vs. Innis vs. Sith vs. Redemption:

Ram into and push any of the other three around and into the pit, preferably at the sides to avoid their weaponry. Use the saws to lift them further up onto my wedges, create sparks, and cause damage if it goes to the judges.
    I'm open to teamups here if anyone swings that way

Sergeant Slaughter vs. Backlash vs. Ziggo vs. Gamma Raptor:

To quote a certain Mr. Kody Kunz: Destroy things.

Pack Raptors vs. Gamma-Rex vs. Heroin vs. Blizzard MW:

...I'd actually like to offer a team up here, with Alex and Blizzard, as I feel together we could take out Pack Raptors and Gamma-Rex easily. Heroin will start in reverse and use the lifting wedge to fend opponents off until the triangular disc is brought up to full speed, and then go for the Pack Raptors first, hitting them with the disc, and then do similar things to Gamma-Rex, hopefully I should be able to impact it enough to shake something loose or remove part of the transmission (a chain, a belt, etc.) through shock damage. If that doesn't look like working, use the lifter to get in underneath it at the sides, front corners, or rear, and then lift it to break its traction and either request Alex' assistance in disposing of it down the pit, or ram it into things and down the pit myself.

I'd also like to reiterate that in my opinion Gamma-Rex is pushing the weight limit, and if it's not too much trouble I would like to request to see Liam's weight breakdown of it to assuage my fears before the fight happens.

Revolver vs. Drive vs. Toro vs. Ziggy:
    Ram either of the real flippers into Revolver to try and damage both machines involved. I actually think Drive would fit underneath Revolver's disc and take no damage; if this is the case I shall at some early stage get under it at the front and deliver it swiftly to the pit, and then take my pick from the other two and do the same to them, getting around the sides or rear and pitting them.
    I'm open to teamups again, should anyone wish to.

The very best of luck to all...Kody, do us proud and give us some good fights

Aaron, how's entering going to take up any time at all? It's not like ARC where you have to RP weekly. You can virtually just enter your designs and not even post tactics at all and you could still be a contender to win [I don't recall posting any tactics whatsoever and SUNCUST still made it to the quarterfinals of C&BT....2, right?]
    I'd like to enter a new fleet including a few new designs, but I currently don't have the time to get them finished. I don't see why your having a cry because I've decided to withdraw my entries

There is always next time for me to have my new team ready by (Just depends how long it is before Kody hypo's this one j/k)

From 64 to 1, the tournament has now begun. Brace yourselves...

The Crash & Burn Tournament 4

--------
    --------

The crashing, burning, metal churning action is here again! Salamander III, Sheer Heart Attack, and now Disco 5 all have their Crash & Burn trophies, having all been champions. Thing is, who will claim this tournament's crown? The robots go through fight after fight, battling many enemies until 1 robot stands above all others with its...well, stance straight and shame unapparent, basking in the glory of the chmapionship while all others go home in envy and shame, nursing their wounds.

But not only must you defeat your opponent to get to the crown, there are also several things you must look out for in our arena: spikes, saws, discs, pits, and flippers...but most importantly, the house robots. Encounter one of these 8 meanies in the corner patrol zones (CPZs) and you'll feel it in the mornin'. There are only 2 house robots in the arena at a time, so that may give you some easier breathing room. The Watcher is the referee, and, alive or not, if you're counted out, you're out of the tournament and at the mercy of the house robots!

Of course, our staff are on hand to assist the roboteers with carrying the machines into the arena, and taking care of emergencies that happen in the arena should such an event happen, and let's not forget our very own Melissa Urbich who will be collecting info on all the robots and their strategies! And of course, the commentator, but you wouldn't want his job...would you? Okay, maybe you would, but it's a lot harder than it looks.

And we'll kick off the tournament with the first heat, where reigning champion Disco 5 looks to defend its title against the horizontal flywheel of The Final Cut, and C&B newcomers Drilla Killa 7 and Mornington Crescent lock horns! And don't forget our first antweight melee afterwards, with the likes of MicroForce 3.0, Stewie, CombatANT, and Anty B! Then it's back to the main competition, to see who first makes it to the Series Semi-Finals! Will it be the reigning champ, or the other three competitors who look to halt the current champ's win streak?

So without further ado, let the wars begin!

--------
    --------

Heat A
    Eliminator 1
    Disco 5 (1) vs. The Final Cut

----
    From Kelvedon, seeded number 1 and reigning champion...Disco 5!
    It's time to panic at the disco, because this robot's king of the dance floor!

Melissa: Disco 5, the champion thus far! And a very fine dancer he is, too.
    Martyn: It could be a she. :P
    Melissa: Very true. How's she going to make her opponent boogie on outta here?
    Martyn: Ram it everywhere I guess. Only use the disc when his has stopped.
    Melissa: You're not going to enter this thing in Strictly Come Dancing, are you?
    Martyn: No. :P
    Melissa: Shame...good luck to you!

A dancing champion...have we ever seen the like? Electric powered drive and weapon producing 31.5 kilojoules, more than Hypno-Disc of Robot Wars fame, and titanium armour. It's mildly nippy at 12.5mph and the skirts around it are torsion sprung to deflect wedge attacks away...it's a case of Saturday night fever!

C&B1: Didn't compete.
    C&B2: Defeated by C&B1 champ Salamander in Round 3.
    C&B3: (seeded #27) Pranced its way past Monolith, Ramminator, ISDSFA, Venus Fly Trap, Cosmic Thunder 2, Ge5orce, Envy, and finally Achilles to acclaim the C&B3 crown!
    ----
    From Shrewsbury in Shropshire...The Final Cut!
    A cut above, or on the chopping block? We'll slice it.

Melissa: A very unusual design, can you tell us more?
    Andy: Well it uses its tracks and motors powering them to ram its body into opponents, and hopefully cuts 'em up with the giant disc in the center.
    Melissa: And you're not worried about the champion?
    Andy: Actually I feel pretty confident given its weaknesses are my strengths. Should be a good dance.
    Melissa: I think we've done the puns to death...fight on.
    Andy: Ta.

Quite compact compared to its opponent, it's also quite faster at 18mph, despite having tracks, and its armour seems tougher too. It's also completely invertible. However, it looks like it could easily be wedged with that ground clearance. Could this newcomer get cut down to size? Time will tell.

C&B1: Didn't compete.
    C&B2: Didn't compete.
    C&B3: Didn't compete.
    ----

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Exa-Gore-Ic Evo, Asterix Anarchius

ACTIVATE!

Commence Operation: Crash & Burn 4!

And we're on the road again, as both robots have immediately, and with shocking speed, come to blows! Disco 5 is attacking wedge-first, so as to ward off any blows from the disc, and it's working at the moment as the 35kg disc's hit the wedge straight on and gone up it with the rest of the robot! Andy's not too happy that the disc's stopped, but even more disheartened when he finds out that Disco 5's hasn't! Luckily for him, it hadn't reached full speed yet and so merely jolts the horizontal disc of The Final Cut slightly, but Martyn isn't playing nicey-nice for this fight, and so takes The Final Cut all the way to the arena side wall where it's mashed against, and activates the flipper, sending the I-shaped bot completely into the wall! It doesn't really stack The Final Cut as the disc sticks out and pushes Disco 5's flipper back down as it lands back on it. That's not really good for Andy though, as Disco goes sideways and tries to push him into the nearby Disc of Death! Unfortunately, as Disco 5 turns, the tracks catch the wedge and propel The Final Cut away, slightly towards the Disc of Death, and he misses it by a hair's breadth. Disco 5 however is hot on his tail and smashes into him with the wedge again, preventing the horizontal flywheel again from spinning up properly, and slamming it viciously into an empty CPZ! This drives The Final Cut further up onto Disco 5's wedge, and the now fully spinning vertical flywheel meets The Final Cut's rather stationary horizontal one!

CRASH!!!

A sparkless collision, as the disc of Disco 5 slashes the disc of The Final Cut, but merely scratches it as the house robots close in. Disco 5 tosses The Final Cut against the wall again and backs off...a bit too late, as Asterix plows into the back of him, but strangely enough can't defeat the skirt at the back and collides with Disco 5's disc, which isn't spinning yet. This lifts Asterix's wheels off the ground and Disco 5 shoves him away slightly to escape; The Final Cut meanwhile again falls off the wall and is struck by Exa-Gore-Ic whose claws easily fit around the track of Andy's bot and squeeze, hard. Andy, however, can't help but snicker as the house robot's mighty spike juts out and strikes air: it's too high to hit The Final Cut! Realizing this, Exa-Gore-Ic angrily drags its victim to the arena saws and lets them go to work...BZZT! Sparks. BZZT! More sparks. Disco 5 decides to cut in and take advantage of his opponent's helplessness. Evading another charge from an aggravated Asterix Anarchius, it goes around Exa-Gore-Ic's sides to its front, and buries the vertical flywheel into The Final Cut's side!

CRASH!!!

A rather sickening vibration to the ears Mr. Jackson as neither his robot or the house robot have moved from the hit, meaning that The Final Cut had taken, more or less, the entire blow of that nasty collision. However, he's spared any further harm for the moment as Asterix plows into Disco 5 and, though not able to breach the skirts on the side, is now able to push him away into a wall, and Exa-Gore-Ic releases its victim, which startingly enough seems to be okay! Disco 5 now escapes its predator, which returns to its CPZ in a huff, but in all that quarrel, it's allowed Andy the time he's needed to spin up his robot's disc! Martyn carefully moves his robot forwards, not wanting to expose a side, but Andy is too quick for him; he loops around the front of Disco 5 and puts a nice blow to the side, nearly wrenching the skirt away on impact and sending Disco 5 into a spinning dance! Well, whaddaya know? He really is the king of the dance floor! But the king's in trouble now, as The Final Cut's disc has hardly been slowed down by that collision, and now moves forwards again, dealing another sick blow to Disco 5, this time the disc!

CRASH!!!!

Oh...dear. Disco 5's reaction to this collision is pretty much the same as Steve-O trying to do a backflip in Dancing With The Stars and falling on his tailbone; the champ flies across the arena, tips up onto its back and, disc still spinning, smashes the disc right into the floor, sending it caterwalling into the arena wall with a nasty crunch. It manages to self-right, but the disc's clearly bent and now rather useless. The Final Cut hasn't been excluded from the punishment though, either; it's spun into several 360s itself and is only now getting its bearings back, as Disco 5 comes back on the attack with the wedge, and easily catches the befuddled tracked machine, slamming it into the wall again and flipping it against the panelling. And...The Final Cut doesn't come off the wall! It looks mighty unstable though...and sure enough, it starts to slide down off the wall...just as Disco 5 moves in again and tosses it again against the wall, this time diagonally. And now The Final Cut's sideways against the arena wall...err, this could be it. The tracks on The Final Cut are moving, but they're touching nothing but air; one track's hanging over the railing, the other's just off the ground! It's stacked, and it doesn't look like it's going to get out of this one! With a sigh of relief, Martyn watches as The Watcher moves in and...starts pushing The Final Cut along the wall?! But whatever The Watcher's trying to do, most likely be sporting and free it as a sign of courtesy, The Final Cut's still stuck on the wall, and that's it! The Watcher backs up a bit and starts the first countdown of C&B4...
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

Rather wanting to spare its opponent, Disco 5 heads for the pit release button and mashes against it, but Exa-Gore-Ic's already coming out to attack! It latches onto the same track it grabbed onto last time, and drags it off the wall (with a little difficulty), but Disco 5 attacks the house robot from behind, and is able to get under and lift it onto its side! This surprises the house robot enough to release The Final Cut, which falls back onto its tracks, very much mobile, but very much out of the competition.

CEASE!

The Final Cut gets the axe, and is hacked off the winners list!
    Disco 5 (1) advances to the Heat Final!

----

Next up: Drilla Killa 7 vs. Mornington Crescent

How was the first fight? Do speak; I feel getting back into the 'major'ity might've left me feeling a bit rusty; advice is always welcome.

Thank you.

You don't need much advice in my view, admittedly it surprises me Disco 5 can move with its ground clearance but I read all of that line by line and it was most enjoyable, you haven't lost it.

Predictions...I kind of forgot those didn't I...I'll go for Mornington Crescent to prove the stronger here.

Register To Comment