Register To Comment
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fighting Robots FW UK Championships hosted by Robo Chal

Congrats to all the winners, to John for bringing the spare cells (Ill send you an email about the cash), to Clive for letting me use the battleswitch and a big thanks to all the robochallenge guys for an awesome event.

Im not sure why but this event was a cut above previous events. Everyone was having a great time, everyones machines were working well even the spinners! and you never knew who was gonna win the comps (waits for comment from LJ )

I am dead chuffed I finally got hornet to the end of an event with it still working bar some seriously shot batteries. I cant wait to see the footage from the battles and if anyone got pics of hornet at any point then please send me a copy, its the one thing I always forget to do!

Roll on the tag champs

Awsome Event Guys, Big thanks to the coopers for putting on such a good event. Thanks to Gary Cairns for letting me use his relay from Hornet 2 in my last fight.
    Well done to John, Will And Alex.
    Was nice to see Spinners do so well wasnt it?

ha i dno what to post gary lol but was a hard final! abit 2 hard lol but was good

ye need tag team champs details so can get jonno to finish off rip!

spinners did good tho for a change... lol but flippers still rule

beauty 4 will be coming soon

and ye gary was good seein hornet workin - i thought it was dead a few times durin the event but was still working lol

coopers, get the event booked for next year! ill be 18 then so im looking forward for the town

thanks to clive wendy and alex for coping with us and sorry if my dad woke u up with his snoring! he kept me awake and prob tony to lol! tell wendy i wasnt happy with the breakfast tho it shud of been cooked and put under my nose ready to eat as soon as i woke up! lol oj
    thanks for boxin to was a good social - will be better next year tho clive ur comin clubbin with me just stay away from jonnos new friends

a website for beauty 2 coming soon

heavys rule

LJ, dont you mean Gaylords new friends?

Thanyou to the Robochallange Crew, all the staff and Clive and Wendy.
    well all i can say is WOW thankyou to all 6 spinners for breaking B3 i will have to make a new 1,
    I think every one had a realy good time.
    well done to LJ, Will & Tom and Jamie as they made the semis.
    i dont think ill make a post about the Final untill i see the video I know it was close very close!!! but how can two flippers go into a final and last 3 mins with out at least 1 of them not getting flipped out i still dont know but what a final.

I would like to say thankyou for the 3 Judges John, Sam and Kane for making everyone wait for like 20 mins ( no wondar i got high blood presure)

and yet again a first class event
    John

First off Id like to say a big well done to Beauty 2 for winning the 2009 UK championships (again!). This time it wasnt so easy!!
    Some excellent fights and some unexpected outcomes made the championship extremely unpredictable and exciting - with the spinners lasting almost all the way through the competition it looks like they really are starting to progress!

Well done to all the runners up, and to Alex for winning the annihilator.

Its great to see so many spinners being developed for the few events we hold, it means alot to us that you guys trust us to keep full combat events going!

Our arena shows the sign of good combat - this is the first event we will need to make some repairs, and luckily not to the new floor.

A big thanks goes out to Clive and Wendy for all their hard work before the event to get us on the BBC and all the extra bits of advertising they have done for us, its much appreciated! Thankyou.
    And also to ALK Engineering for sponsoring the event with kennys excellent cnc machining and the Astroflight charger for 1st place. Great Job!

Well done everyone - you guys made it a championship to remember!

Beauty won again aye? This is going to do wonders for LJs confidence XD. Either way congratz. Sounds like you had to work for that win.

Looking forward to seeing the videos as they upload to you tube.
    On my end we did very well and won our two important matches.
    First game on Sataday went well with a 5-0 win.
    Then after the game we had 30 minutes to recover for our match against Scunthorpe for the league. They scored the first goal but we managed to equalize 10 minutes later. We scored two goals ahead of them and they simply gave up and it ended 7-1. Shame as it started off as a very close match but when your two goals down I guess you loose the point of playing.
    I was nackered and still tired. But we celebrated well after staying in the pub past 10 still in our hockey kit.
    Sorry again for not coming but will hopefully see you when I see you. Either robots live or roaming robots.

Hi guys,

Well done to Beauty again... your so jammy !! and big hard luck to will.... the peoples choice lol

Well Stripper had an eventful weekend, what i thought would be a one hit wonder... then enjoy a relaxing weekend didnt quite go to plan.

Whod have thought it would still be working for the final mellee of the weekend, and is still driving now !!

Funniest moment - The disc coming off and the base still fighting.... ( not such a good idea to use my mag as a battering ram )

Hardest moment - spending 3 hours putting the gearbox together and proving people wrong that it would fight again !

Most rewarding moment - damaging ploughbot

Most annoying moment - not getting to spin up in the Annihilator final against Tiny Toon GRRR... ( just a battery pack went down )

Got the spinner bug now, Stripper EVO is already planned, just need the coopers to do an event sooner than planned so i can build it.

It was nice to see some great spinners, and they are certainly getting better !

Well done to the crew, enjoyable weekend, and the Toons for their hospitality !!

Looking forward to seeing the fights on You Tube.

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk

My photos are online everyone! http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/LiamBryant_photos/Robot%20Events/FW%20UK%20Championships%202009/http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...vents/FW%20UK% 20Championships%202009/

Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Register To Comment