Damage report

I have disassembled hornet 2 and found a various bits of damage throughout the machine.

- The disc shaft has once again bent at the disc side (the disc doesnt sit in the middle of the shaft). Picture on my profile showing the previous shaft on the left which bent at think tank and the newly machined one on the right. Not surprisingly the shaft bent more at the featherweight champs as the disc was involved in a greater number of collisions.

- The batteries short circuited against the chassis just after its final fight (a whiteboard no less!). It was caused by a slight movement of the cells. The wire at the end of the pack was cut through on an edge within the chassis and the wire inside exposed. This then short circuited on the chassis. Batteries are a complete write off.

- As a result of the short circuit, the electronize board attached directly to the chassis seems to have short circuited at some point as the negative wiring insulation melted and a track blew on the board. A quick bit of soldering seems to have sorted the problem.

- The 100amp solid state relay blew (Thanks to the plofbox team for lending me a spare) during the losers melee

- Few dents to the other titanium panels (Thanks again to the plofbox team ) but the chassis held up far better then it has before. It seems as though the problems I had previously have been solved.

Apart from everything above along with the usual loosening of a few bolts and some scratches here and there, hornet 2 seems to have held up pretty well.

Upgrades

- Batteries - unsure where to go currently. Been investigating A123s but the current they can supply without being damaged is a worry at this point so I think I will be sticking with nicads or nimh at this point

- Solid state relay - I am planning on using two, one for each set of brushes on the magmotor. This will hopefully stop the blow out problem I had

Apart from that I may look at getting a scorpian but the electronize have done me well for 3 competitions now with only some very minor problems.