Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robots Live CGI intro

I always feel a bit bad making new threads but when I notice there are such threads as the TEAM BUD thread and randomness then I dont feel too bad.
    Some of you who are brave enough to scroll down might have seen this be developed within the fan chatter section. But since nobody goes there, dave recomended me to repost this in the more popular general chatter section.

This was done mainly for my final year uni work. Its a big part of my grade, like a desertation.
    I had been making the big nipper model for a while and also messed around with a lot of renders to make it as shiny as possible.
    Any hows without further ado

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nJs0_LShC-k

Some of you may notice the massive spelling mistakes. Nothing much I can say about that apart from it will be fixed.
    Not sure where this will be used. But hey im sure you will see it somewhere.

Love the CGI animation part Marco - thats top quality stuff. I keep seeing stuff like that at my Uni in the IT media Dept and thats just ace.

Shame that the robot not as impressive in real life. LMAO!! JOKE!!!

Mr Stu

Funny enough I got some critism from the lectuors on this subject.
    Of how the arena floor and the robots were battle worn and not as polished as my animation. I shrugged it off by saying i couldnt get a balence that I liked. And also it has always been my aim to have a real shiny render.
    Thanks for the comments.

wow thats amazing how you can do that

i saw the pic of big nipper like that and didnt think you could make it move and stuff what you have done!

well done

Awesome stuff!
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Very impressed I love it

Roboteer

Mmmmmm shiny!!!

Great stuff Marco!
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

If Big nipper does that next time i flip him out of the arena im gona need some new boxers... Marco thats awsome.

Register To Comment