Register To Comment
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Returners Tournament

Paul, Im assuming the ring itself is 15 cm high(total height of your bot), and your teeth are 2*2*2 cm cubes (simplified), how far am I off?

I use 7.7kg/dm3 for Hardox, which is a bit rounded off I admit but in the real world that helps.

And I have made an error in my calcs I think on the cilinder. using 7.68kg/dm2 (assuming AJ is accurate with his figures) I end up a little lighter with 53kg. That is a too big of a margin to be a rounding figure so I probably made my classic pi*d*d mistake instead of pi*r*r.

Anyway, top and bottom (pi*4*4)*0.1= 5.024dm3
    sides pi*8*1.5*0.05= 1.884 dm3

(1.884+5.024)*7.68kg=53.053kg

I will admit when im wrong as well. Mea culpa.

Thanks Frank - Id like to change MeCannibal please.

MeCANNIBAL

€ WEIGHT: 110kg (Shuffler)

€ ARMOUR: 5MM Titanium on top and bottom.

€ SHAPE: Invertible low cylinder

€ MOTORS: 2 x S28-400 MagMotors at 36V = 12HP

€ LOCOMOTION: 2 x Shuffling pads

€ DIMENSIONS: (L) 80CM (W) 80CM (H) 20CM

€ COLOUR: Black with scary human face with over sized teeth coloured red.

€ WEAPONRY: Ring spinner, made of 8MM Harox, weighing 30KG, powered by 4 x LEM130€™s at 46V to give it spinning speed of 2500RPM and producing 195KJ per blow. It 2 big teeth made of Hardox that curve out. The teeth are inserted into the body and have rows of Tool Steel spikes on the teeth to dig in. These teeth 5kg each and are designed to send all the spinning energy into one spot rather than small amount into multiple spots. It also has 5 Inches worth of Titanium shock-proof Foam to stop it self-destructing.

€ SPEED: 20MPH

€ GROUND CLEARANCE: 0MM-8MM. It has a full-bodied skirt running completely along the ground that rises when the shell is spinning, but drops when the shell isn€™t spinning. This is powered by a simple 750w Bosch 36V motor and runs at the same time as the spinner.

€ STRENGTH: Scary name and weapon

€ WEAKNESS: Hard to control

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

The new changes include a detailed explanation on what goes on inside the shell and how it runs and what raises the skirt.

Another change was the motors - Eteks are only really useful in rammers, but are hideously weighty. I thus desided to change them for much lighter motors that would still provide me with powerful drive if the shell failed.

Another change was the armour. The ring is still hard to hurt but is much thinner to save weight, and the top and bottom armour arent really nessicary as only axes and crushers can hurt the top and they have to face the ring...

The other thing is the teeth. As Ive stated, I looked at the stats for Tengu, and found the teeth that just send all the energy into one spot and can rip armour more easily like that. So now, it can rip and tear and SHOCK.

I hope this is within the weight limit. Please tell me if it is or isnt.

Thanks Frank - this conpetition looks like its going to be a blast - and I cant wait.

1. I have calculated the new output of the spinner, and its near the 170kJ mark, not 195kJ.

Calculate it for yourself here: http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtmlhttp://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml

2. 36v for your LEMs! Not 46v! No one uses 46v! Argh...

3. Four LEMs powering the spinner will make it overweight due to the battery usage. Cut it down to 2.

Other than that, its quite a nice improvement.

In fact, I just did a calculation with my own FBS, The Zenith, and instead of my estimation, 55kJ, it gave me 70kJ (at 1750rpm), so that is the correct kJ my FBS can dish out.

Going to do this to my other spinners, now...

Nice Kody

Another Night at the Bar, With or Without you and Sheer Heart Attack 2 are all done now

Register To Comment