Register To Comment
Page 69 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: How Could I Improve...

You could use two smaller ones, those might fit, or possibly three, although thats a bit overkill.

Slightly off topic, but would thicker polyprop be good as a base? I was reading something about Agent Orange changing to it after the third wars, because on TV their stainless steel one bent and stopped them moving, could be wrong though.

Dantomkia uses a 2kg bottle, Perolito and Hades a 3,5kg bottle. If you place that in sideways behind the ram it could fit.

Polypro as a base, you would need some serious thickness to be of any use, at least 10mm. I use HDPE on the bottom of my feathers, but not as a base plate, just as some armouring.

2kg and 1.1kg bottles are the most common in heavies btw.

Thanks a lot

Sorry to be a pain, but I dont want to overload anymore tournament threads with bad stats...

Henry VIII

Weight: 100kg
    Shape: A simple box with skirts on sides and rear and a low X-Terminator-style scoop on the front.
    Dimensions: 85 x 85 x 20
    Ground Clearance: Effectively 0 due to skirts and scoop, 6mm behind them.
    Turning Circle: 0
    Locomotion: 4 x vulkalon tyres
    Power: 4 x S28-400 magmotors running at 24v
    Weaponry: Tungsten tipped axe, powered by co2 at 750psi, 2 x 2kg bottles
    3mm titanium front static scoop for getting underneath and pushing.
    Armour: 4mm thick hardox on top and sides, 1mm titanium skirts, 4mm thick titanium base
    Colour: Black with a gold crown on the back, the axe tip is blood stained and the rest of it painted silver like a guillotine!
    Srimech: The axe can easily right the bot and the skirts stop it getting beached on its side.

LockJaw
    Shape: Axlebot, like Stinger but with a claw instead of a bludgeon.
    Dimensions: (with claw)55 x 70 x 60
    Locomotion: 2 x go-kart wheels
    Power: 2 x S28-400 magmotors running at 24v
    Ground Clearance: Its an axle bot, so doesnt really have one
    Weaponry: Hardox hydraulic claw with serrated edges and lots of speed holes. Top half powered by 1 x M-Mac 400 motor running at 36v, bottom half powered by the same.
    Armour: 4mm hardox all over, but thats not much as most of it is wheels!
    Colour: Silver, gold claw
    Srimech: Invertible

Hatchet

Shape: Low invertible box with a stiff tail
    Dimensions: (without tail) 60 x 60 x 20
    Locomotion: 2 x go-kart wheels
    Power: 2 x LEM-130s running at 48v
    Ground Clearance: 8mm sides and rear, effectively 0 at front due to scoop
    Weaponry: 1mm titanium scoop at front, 50cm long 3cm wide hardox tail with two tungsten tipped spikes in different directions (T shaped tail). When the robot spins this can deliver approx. 65kj upon imapct.
    Armour: 5mm hardox all over
    Colour: Gold with name painted in red on top and bottom

Son of SLAM!

Shape: Storm II (box with a wedge on the front)
    Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 33
    Locomotion: 6 x vulkalon tyres
    Power: 4 x LEM-130s running at 36v
    Ground Clearance: Effectively 0 all round due to skirts and wedge, 6mm behind them
    Weaponry: Full body hammer/ rambot, 1 x 30cm steel spike that shoots out of wedge to flip opponents or damage wheels, running at 750psi from 1 x 2kg co2 canister
    Armour: 5mm thick hardox on top, sides and rear, titanium skirts and 4mm titanium base.
    Colour: Black, gold spike

Nothing particularly wrong with most of them...for SOS you might have trouble getting the drive and the pneumatics for the spike in there within the dimensions and the weight, could be wrong though. If I was being picky, Id ask about batteries and what linkage is used for the axe on Henry, and for you to clarify that the dimensions are in CM, but theyre generally good.

EDIT - just noticed you appear to have a hydraulic claw powered by electric motors as well, you cant have both :P

(Message edited by joeychevron on April 07, 200

ooh yeah...Electric and hydraulic..
    OOPSIE!
    Thanks Joey

9. Guest
    Thanks Paul!
    Ill tone down that axe...
    If I dont, Ill probably end up doing more damage to myself than the opposition!
    Believe it or not, the inspiration for LockJaw actually came from the first Tetanus in RW5, because after the match against Onslaught Craig said something about Tetanus giving them Lockjaw instead of curing it.It just came from nowhere after that...Funny how its nothing like Tetanus at all...

Paul, Liam. Pressure is not the main factor in force. It is pressure x surface area on the ram that gives you the force. then the flow (how fast can you get the gas in the ram) determines the speed.

So saying 750psi is too much very much depends on the size of the ram used, and how fast you can fill it. A Dutch robot called Spike uses a FP ram (750-1000 psi) for his axe, but has no more than 1 tonnes of force with his 50mm bore, 150 mm stroke ram. Which is plenty for an axe.

Register To Comment