Register To Comment
Page 159 of 169 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1682

Thread: How Could I Improve...

im not saying a self righting mechanism is not possible on an FBS, but on a cone shaped robot you will always end up on your side, not the wheels.

Tengu used to be conical (or at least bent conical) and I struggled for years to get it to self right, using big polycarb halos to rebalance it back onto its wheels, or an umbrella like strimech. Eventually I just made it a short cylinder and stuck a bar srimech on - far easier.

4. Nothing at all. If you want to use them that is your choice. However, 5kg is too little mass in a disc weapon for a heavy (Dragonstrike and Kishar are both featherweights by the way).

I know tht weights and sizes are difficult to get right, specially if you havent built a robot before. This game is not easy to do when you just start out, but as you go along you will find it will get easier since you will know what you can and cannot do from experience.

6. Guest
    I think Leo you have misunderstood what I mean, which is my fault as it isnt clear enough in the stats. What I meant is the robot would be 55cm tall with the point, but the top is cut off so it is 35cm tall, would that be OK?

So in other words its nothing like Typhoon 2.
    Basically it is a cilinder shape but tapered in as it were. Well that is possible, its nothing more or less than a Shrederator with a sloaped side or a Megabyte without the bar on top.

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks

*Goes to reword it*

quote:

Is there a Mega HW class? No, you try lifting 150kg in and out an arena and you will know why.

There was an event in the states that had 390 pound robots, which is about 175kgs. I think thats the highest theres been, but trying to start something similar in vapours wouldnt be too good because most people focus on the heavyweights and would have to design completely new robots for it.

Register To Comment