Register To Comment
Page 112 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1682

Thread: How Could I Improve...

Ah, I get it now.

Wrangulator (FW)

Weight: 10 kilos
    Body Shape: Diamond Shaped, a bit like Eye Of Newt from the Series 3 pinball tournament.
    Speed: 20mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 0mm under each wedge, 7mm otherwise.
    Wheels: 2 inner.
    Power: 2 speed 900s at 24v with 24V nicads.
    Armour: 4mm Hardox, all over.
    Colour: Dark Grey.
    Weapons: A wedge at each end, tipped with a miniture blade. Because of the way the wheels are positioned, the robot can tip from one wedge to the other. The robot also has spikes on the side of these wedges. To use these, it spins on the spot, lifting both wedges off the ground and lifting the spikes in the air.
    Srimech: Invertable.
    Strengths: Fairly powerful.
    Weaknesses: Armour.

Little Big Bot (LW)

Weight: 22 kilos
    Body Shape: Looks a bit like Biohazard, without the skirts.
    Speed: 15mph
    GC: 7mm.
    Wheels: 4 inner.
    Power: 2 12v batteries, plus couple S28-150s.
    Armour: 3mm titanium
    Colour: Yellow top, Green sides, Red LBB letters on each side.
    Weapons: Nasty pneumatic CO2 axe with Dominator 2 style point.
    Srimech: Uses the axe for that.
    Strengths: Weapon.
    Weaknesses: Lack of experience.

Tom (MW)

Weight: 50 kilos.
    Body Shape: Basic wedge.
    Speed: 14mph
    GC: 0 at wedge, 6mm otherwise.
    Wheels: 2 inner.
    Power: 3x 12v batteries, plus a couple of S28-400s.
    Armour: 5mm titanium.
    Colour: Painted after the cartoon cat after whom it is named. You work it out.
    Weapons: Front, rear hinged, CO2 powered flipper, which can throw five times the robots weight into the air.
    Srimech: The flipper does that. It also has whiskers and a tail to prevent side and back strandings.
    Strengths: Weapon.
    Weaknesses: Jerry!

Managed to update them a bit, but the help given was rather vague, so they still have a long way to go.

3. Im in a fairly good mood now, so I can give decent help:

WRANGULATOR: Main problem here is that while the design is perfectly sound, I cant see it really being competitive unless you have something with a bit more weight on the ends of the wedges. Id suggest using the 3.6kgs you have spare to make those spikes bigger and heavier, and giving a Kj estimate from impacts would help as well, although Im not sure precisely how youd do that with that shape. Aaron might be able to help with that.

LITTLE BIG BOT: Im assuming its similar to Oblivion 2 here - a low box with the axe set into it. You could state how the axe linkage works (rack and pinion(Thz), acceleration(Hydra/Shunt/Dom 2), chain sprocket (Khz)) and how many fires you have, possibly backing this up with details on how many CO2 bottles and what size (you might be able to get one 1.1kg bottle in giving about 20 uses at 150psi)

TOM: Again, give specifics on gas capacity for the weapon (1 x 2kg tank?), the pressure (full 750psi safely for a flipper) and how many rams power it (useful in case some writer decides you have only one ram and disables your weapon by ripping it out). Possibly bore and stroke sizes as well, but thats getting technical.

davids
    I think Wrangulator is a bit overweight with 4mm hardox armour.

And when did 4mm Hardox armour be considered as a weakness?

6. quote:

Weaknesses: Armour.

So its too heavy?

In all honesty, it probably could fit into the weight; wed need to know the dimensions though.

9. Take a joke, will you. :P

Register To Comment