Right, I know I€™ve been a bit lax with the last 2 series, it€™s because I€™ve had a lot going on in the last few months, and thus I€™ve struggled to find time to design or write, but I now plan on becoming full-time again, but to get me in the swing of things FFW5 is going to be a smaller tournament than before.

The idea:

FFW5 is going to be a UKRW2 style series, with 12 heats of 6 robots. I will therefore be looking to have 9 people enter 8 robots each. At least 4 of your 8 robots must be vapours, however there is no necessity to have a realie. Each heat will start with the gauntlet and then a trial before going into the usual arena stage. The advantage for seeds in this series, is that they get a bye through to the arena stage of the heats, meaning it€™s harder for unseeded robots to get through round 1.

The weight limits are as follows

Wheeled/Tracked/Shufflers - 100kg
Walkers - 160kg
Any other motivation - Ask if appropriate.

For the gauntlet, the routes will be similar to UKRW1 and 2 but with some differences.

The entrance will be the cage as the turntable was proved to be flawed in series 1.

Route 1 (left) - This route is solely house robots. Shunt, Sgt. Bash and Matilda will all be in the way, and to get through them, you will need to use any means possible

Route 2 (middle) - After breaking through the wall of breeze blocks, you will be required to go over 1 of 2 ramps. The end of the route is divided into 2, so the steeper ramp has an easier ending, with just the pendulum and the arena spikes to negotiate, while the left route will require you to get past Dead Metal who you will have to push backwards to get through as the route is so thin. The ramp however, will be far easier to get over though.

Route 3 (right)- The start of the route is the maze from series 1, before coming across the ram rigs, so hated in series 2. the last section of the route has just Sir Killalot, and he is not allowed to come further down the route, therefore you will just need to negotiate that section while facing him.

Unlike series 2, where each trial appeared twice, there will be 12 different trials, including some I have invented

The list is as follows with an explanation of those I have invented:

Sumo
British Bulldog
Football
Speedway
Maze
Snooker
Joust
Skittles
Tug of War
Pinball (Semis only)

Turntables - The idea of turntables is to show your driving skill without any house robots in the way to harm you. The idea is simple, 5 turntables with no walls with platforms in between. Negotiate your way from one end to the other to be successful.

Conveyor Belt - The idea of this event is show to show your level of traction. Your robot will be placed at the end of a conveyor belt and will be expected to reach the other side in as quick a time as possible. You have 30 seconds to do so, in the event of not reaching the other side, then the furthest point your robot reached will be it€™d final score.

Karate Chop - A wall of breezeblocks, 5m thick faces you, and you must get as far through them as you can. This is designed to show your robots force, strength and ability to negotiate obstacles.

That€™s all the info I can think you should need for now, but if any more is needed feel free to ask.