Register To Comment
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fowler Fic War Series 5

w00t, my predictions are getting better. Great quality fights, Mr. Fowler!

Achilles (3) v Liar

Liar out. Sorry Martijn. :sad:

GeForce (19) v CRAPBAG

Could go either way, but I think Im going to go for CRAPBAG here.

Achilles (3) v Liar

yeah, well, Achilles has a lovely behind for me to get under, so thatll be my MAIN-aim, but itll be hard to accomplish.

Other than that, knowing Achilles, I guess Ill have a lot of defending to do. Luckily, theres no place he can get a 100% safe grip on me cause wherever he comes I can twack around and slide under. The power of a twack like that might be enough to surpass even his skirts, and flip him over. Hes not invertible, so thats a pre Id say.

Whatever happens, this fight should end with Achilles flying over the fence Id say

I always hate facing 3rd seeds...

round one is fine for me, dont mind losing but will stick to my guns, not aiming for anywhere on a robot always pays off, skirts never work 100% of the time so keep running into it until i finally do get under then a nice flip and flip again til its out.

Ill just go for pnuematics today gripping isnt goign to achieve too much, so just try and get him out the arena instead.

Welcome to the round 2 battles from Heat B of the Fowler Fic War, today brought to you from Bilsthorpe in Nottinghamshire.

Our first fight sees Achilles, our number 3 seeds, up against Liar.

Activate!

Straight away both robots go for each other, but as Achilles approaches Liar Martijn goes into spinny mode, and gets the side wedge under the flipper, sending achilles sliding off in one direction, slanted on one side like Knight Rider. Alex, regains control and composure and tries again. He tries an attack from the side this time, however the spinny wedges come into play again and slam into the side of Achilles, however the skirts stop them getting under and Martijn finds hismelf stalled.

Alex manouvres carefully within a small space and gets the flipper underneath one of the side wedges. He doesnt get underneath properly so its not the most powerful of flips when he presses the button, however its enough to just send Liar teetering over and onto his back. By the time he manages it though, Liar already has fired the flipper and is back over onto his wheels in one smooth movement.

Achilles isnt about to stop pestering the unseeded machine though, and the 3rd seed comes in again, this time managing to get underneath the front flipper, throwing him into the wall with a powerful flip, and making a loud noise. Liar fires the flipper, but it sends him on top of one of the angle grinders. He fires his flipper repeatedly and on about the 6th time of asking he manages to flip himself off of it. Just as well as the refbot had been looking increasingly interested.

Liar isnt helped much by the news he is free to move though as he sees achilles coming in for him once again. He tries to go into spinny mode but the wedge jams underneath the same angle grinder hed just flipped himself off. Achilles tries to get underneath him to get him off the wall but he cant be moved. the wheels are spinning on Liar but he cant move. Martijn tries to fire the flipper repeatedly again to get him away but nothing happens.

Eventually the Refbot comes over who recognises that he is still mobile and moves him out from under the grinder. Liar makes no mistake to get away this time and slides underneath him with the flipper. He fires it, but it struggles to open, and is obviously very low on gas from the flips used earlier in the fight. It stays open which gives Martijn time to manouvre round and topple Achilles over. Achilles has been far more frugal on gas, and rolls over with full grace onto his wheels.

He comes in at Liar again and gets undearneath the rear, firing the flipper and toppling him over. Liar tries to self-right but theres not enough gas and the flipper just goes into the floor leaving an open mouth. the refbot comes into count him out and the fight is over.

CEASE

The Liar was detected and outed on the Jeremy Kyle show. Achilles goes through to the Heat B final.

Register To Comment