Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight limits

OK, simple question. I know the minimum weight limit for heavys is officially 55kg. However, what with the Tanto Jr goes flying escapade, I know people arent keen on letting middleweights in with heavyweights if there are flippers about (I know Jonno wouldnt let Maxus run at Barnsley cos there was a flipper in the fight for example).
    Surely 5kg cant make that much difference to a robot flying though, so whats the minimum weight a heavy has to be in order to be able to fight any other heavy without exception?

When I first ran the saint it was about 85kg. I dont know how low the EOs would go. But perhaps 75kg. would be ok.

Good question Dave, I think quite a few people would like to know this answer. Me included.

there is no limits because u can have 2 50kg bots but on a safety side its down to EO so have to here from them

It is to do with safety, rather than in the rules, but I think a minimum weight limit should be confirmed. I was thinking about building a tiny little heavyweight, light but small, make it harder to get hold of, and maybe make it interchangable between middle and heavyweight. Id also love to see robots like Maxus put 5kg more armour on and compete as a heavy. However, Im not gunna build one like that if I wont ever be allowed to fight it with all the flippers around. Id make it heavier and change my design completely.

Im making another HW but after that i would like to make a MW St Hammer and it would be good if i could put it in with the big guys now and again.

Anyone official gonna come in with an answer at all?
    Craig, Id love to see a MW Saint Hammer.

how heavy is maxus? Why build a middle weight and fight heavy weights? Why not just build a heavy weight? The more we can get out there the better! !

I think maxus is at about the 40kg area.

I am building a heavy Jonno, just with the standard of my building work its likely to be a light one, so I want to know where the bottom limit is so I can get it into fighting weight. I know, most roboteers want to lose weight, but not me!

Register To Comment