I sure kept you guys waiting, didn€™t I?

+2>Mechanical Noise - Series 2

Entrants

During a time when robot-fanfic seems to be low, I€™m looking for MN2 to be bigger than its predecessor. I€™m looking for 12 people to enter 8 robots each.
- There€™s a MAXIMUM of 3 realies per squad, and a MINUMUM of 0
- The weight limits are:
100 kg for (omni)wheeled bots
110 kg for tracked bots and shufflers
150 kg for real walkers
- Flying bots are banned
- You can explain your stats in any way you want, but there are some things I really want to know about your bot (either very detailed or roughly estimated), these are:
Weight
Shape
Ground Clearance
Dimensions
Speed
Movement type
Armour
Weaponry
Motor (or at least a rough estimation of the traction)
Srimech
Strengths and weaknesses
Any more details are more than welcome
- I want you to able to do a rough stating of your realies as well, since I really don€™t know every realie
- Clusterbots are allowed, with the rule that no part of the bot can weigh less than 10% of the total weight of the bot. When 50% of the total weight of the bot is counted out, the whole bot is out
- Passive weaponry is fine in my book
- Robots with interchangeable weaponry can€™t have more than 5 different set ups. The 5 setups have to be in your initial stats.
- Unrealistic bots are banned, crappy bots are entered at your own risk

Tournament set up

16 Heats, starting off with 2 3-way melees followed up by 2 1-on-1€™s followed up by 1 Heat Final
2 Semi-finals, starting off with 4 1-on-1€™s followed up by 2 1-on-1€™s
1 Grand Final! It kicks off with 2 1-on-1€™s, and concludes in 1 big final fight!

The Battles

-If one of the robots does not move for 30 seconds (robots that are OOTA will not be allowed to move and will automatically be counted out, same goes for pitted robots), while the other does still move during that period of time, it will be counted out, and lose the battle
-If both of the robots are immobilised at the same time and do not move for 30 seconds, and one of them would still be capable of moving if it would be in a different position (e.g. it€™s on it€™s back, against the arena wall or pitted) and the other can€™t move at all, the last will lose.
-If the battle itself won€™t give us a winner, it goes to the judges, they will give:
A score for caused damage; (a mark out of 10)*2
A score for shown aggression; (a mark out of 10)*1.5
A score for control of the fight; (a mark out of 10)*1
A score for shown style; (a mark out of 10)*0.5

The scores will be added up and the robot with the highest score wins, a rematch will be held if a draw occurs.

The Arena

The arena is a 20*20 m. indestructible box with walls all around them, and an open pit straight in the middle of it€¦ yeah!

The House Robots

Ooohhh€¦ this is new, I€™m working on a squad of house robots at the moment, but I€™m afraid it€™s too early for me to reveal anything€¦ but there WILL be house robots!

The Seeds

16 Heats give room to 16 seeds, 1 seed per heat. As it stands, the seeds will be:

1. Psyclonised
2. Black Panther Queen
3. Disco 5
4. Wedge Devolution
5. Flank Attack
6. Clawdius Decimus Murderous
7. Achilles
8. Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
9. Cyberdemon
10. Yet Another Cut Above the Rest
11. Going Crunch
12. Novastorm 2
13. Tengu VII
14. GeForce 4.0
15. Orka MK4
16. Forcepower 5.0

Newer versions of these bots will replace their predecessors.

Reservations

I€™ve been looking around for people to enter this tournament, and I don€™t know if I€™ve made this 100% clear, but everyone who answered my invitation with a €œyes€ has a reserved spot, these are:

Steven
Martyn
Andy
Alex H
Alex M
Tony
Matty F
Kody

Yup€¦ that€™s about it

Start entering!