Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifter safety

hi

are there any saftey rules i should be aware of, to do with lifters? such as saftey bars?

or dont they pose much of a threat and dont need anything?

thanks alex

He does have a good point though.
    We opened this can of worms a few months ago and im not sure what the outcome was.

I have an electric lifter which had covers over the sharp edges, in terms of a safety bar to physical stop it from moving i think it wasnt needed as the lifter was electric, the Removable Link was good enough as the lifter would not move without the link.

So i dunno what the answer is, maybe someone from the FRA wants to confirm the answer, but i know Big Nipper, Storm 2, myself which electric lifters have not needed a safety bar to stop it from moving. But safety covers to cover sharp edges yes as always.

Mr Stu

We have a locking bar for our lifter & crusher, as I read the rules they are needed on any type of moving weapon.

I dont use a locking pin in ploughbot, but due to the way it works it is permantly locked anyway untill power is given. If i used something like spur gears or 4 start worms so that its possible to move the lifter without power then i would use a locking pin.

Echo Grant

Register To Comment