Register To Comment
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: 2.4Ghz radio control

mjm
    I read that Frequency Hopping transmitters can go up to 100 mW but Sprektrum uses Direct Sequence which can only go up to 10 mW.

There are about a dozen Spektrum users over here. Since we are transmitting indoors, I think we should have no problems. I understand that networks are 100 mW as well, so we dont upset them.
    Doesnt the Spektrum have a setting for France, limitting it to 10 mW?

Roboteer

You are quite right, the limit there is 10mW for DSSS. Please ignore my previous post.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Has anyone ever done a range check with 10mW on its spektrum (I have to admit i never have)?

We have tried it to test one of our pay-to-drive systems. we walked from one side of our factory to the other with no glitches so for robot use it will be fine. I have flown my plane off the DX6 too untill i can just about see it, so range is no problem.

thats with the dx6 on 10mW instead of its usual 100? Impressive.

I sent an email to Graupner (spektrum import and reseller for Europe) what they know of the Belgian situation. This is their reply.

quote:

Dear Mr van Miert,

we have recently received the information that the 2,4 GHz System is not allowed in Belgium.
    It is not particularly to the Graupner System but to all transmitter in 2.4 GHz System.

We dont exactly know when it was decided. We are actually in contact with the belgian BIPT and we check how it is.

As soon as we receive information about it, we will inform you.

Yours sincerely

Florent Baudouin
    Export

If and when they mail me, you will know about it too.

Leo, testing with the planes was on full power. We still havnt got to the point at which the 10mW test cuts out as the factory isnt long enough. you wont have any problems at all from one side of a hall to the other on 10mW.

quote:

In Germany, the €žBundesnetzagentur (organisation of the state) informed that 2,4 GHz RC equipments for aeromodelling will not be allowed. The decree will come to power in July 2008. Radio Control of model aircrafts using this frequency band competes with commercial and political interests mainly because of the strength of the transmitter signal which is necessary to overcome physical disadvantages of the very short waves.

Now this is interesting, because on the same page where i found this:

http://www.rcpilot-online.com/index.php?preaction=joint&id_joint=59799&PHPSESSID =92b928a920d1a48ac328b7c91a5bc815http://www.rcpilot-online.com/index....9799&PHPSESSID =92b928a920d1a48ac328b7c91a5bc815

Its a 2,4GHz range test of several different models and powers. On 10mW they had 1600meters of range.

Speed controller problems

I think I may have sourced the problems that I was having with Hive at the UK champs and it seems to come down to the spektrum I was using.

I tested the machine on 40meg with a futaba and it worked brilliantly.

I am wondering if anyone has similar problems with other speed controllers and spektrums? Also wondering if there is anything I can do with the spektrum itself to work with my speedos?

i had the same problems with mine when using the rs80d for the first time but, turned all the travels upto 125 percent and they work fine now

Register To Comment