Register To Comment
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: >>> 23rd-27th August / The RR UK Championships 2

Give me a bell if youre looking for somewhere to host, though Flickrhttp://www.flickr.com/ may be your new best friend.

I was well miffed about the arena floor, particularly having started a thread about the things a short while back.

Another issue has to be the safety of the whole arena, I do not think to any stretch of the imagination that this was worthy of class 1 status, we all sure heard about what happened to Scorpion, just imagine what could have happened with the likes of Warhead.

Live and learn

I should have a couple Gary, Ill try to upload them tonight.

4. Hi all,
    I hope you all enjoyed The Fighting Robot UK champs.
    As far as I am aware this is the first completed UK championships that were drawn at random.

I hope that you like this system.There were three really tough pods.

Pod C

Kronic, Iron Awe 3,Turbulence and Spike.
    I would not put a bet on this one.

Pod F

UFO verses three spinners. It made our eyes water when doing the draw. UFO did well, considering the challenge.

Pod H

Beast, Kan-opener, Sewer Snake and Ka-pow.
    A real open but tough heat. All robots acheived a win in this pod.

As to the winners of trophies and certificates.

Perseverance award to Leveller 2 was extremely pleasurable to give out. Dave Maclan put his robot in the arena whenever required to keep the event moving and it did not matter who they were up against.
    Also under consideration for this award was the Terrohurtz team who were turning the pressure up and down on their axe like a yo-yo, to suit the fight conditions.

Best newcomer award to Turbulence.
    more on this later.
    Runner up CCW02, a Dutch robot, A new machine incredibly reliable for a first event.

Tag Team Trophy Won by Merlin and Velocirippa,after taking on the mighty Terrohurtz/ Tan combination, who people thought were a dead cert for the accolade. The pundits were proved wrong. Congratulations to both teams.

International award to Kronic.
    The British robots saw off the international competion with ease in the end.

Annihilator Trophy won by Dantomkia.
    This one was close to my heart as the reigning champion going into the event. Sara drove brilliantly for a new heavy weight robot driver.
    What the team does not know is that the vantec they borrowed for the event was the same vantec unit that won the last two robot wars annihilators.
    This vantec is now up for sale at a healthy premium due to its lucky qualities.

Tanya Smith Memorial award.
    A fitting trophy for the permenant memory of an ardent robot fighting fan.
    Well done Tim Van Hek, and Leo for preparing it.

Featherweight champion Capt Scarlet, what a 21st birthday present.

2006 heavyweight champion and best new comer award to Turbulence.

The two finalists deserved to be there in my opinion due to their preparation. Although the rebuild of Storm 2 was done behind closed doors, the preparation of Turbulence was more in the open for us all to see.Their preparation seemed similar to our previous 2005 champions Kronic and 2004 champions Terrohurtz.
    To have the run of results that the Turbulence team had at Wicksteed is a fantastic acheivement and makes the team worthy winners.

My thanks go to all the Roaming Robots staff especially Pete Lale and Dave Findlay who presided over arena, they opened and closed those arena doors over 130 times, a record.

Finally to all the roboteers, what a great bunch.
    I was impressed that you stayed safe in the pits keeping the alley ways clear at all times, it enabled all show schedules to be met.
    In essence you made it a slick operation.

Thank you}}

5. Didnt Scorpions tooth fly off the disk and punch a hole in the arena roof? Person sitting next to me in the audience almost wet herself when that happened!

7. Sam you finally joined the forum. Was great meeting you at this event, the fight between TAN and Tiberius was one good fight!

Roboteer

Well done everyone, twas a great event and a lot of fun.

Looking forward to the winter tour.

Kane
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Register To Comment