Register To Comment

Thread: Help needed - vapourbot statstics

Tis the Kodster here. I need help (and opinions)with some stats...I wish to return to vapourboteering with my beloved Wedginator. Here is the new incarnations stats:

Name: Wedginator Reborn
    Shape: Very low wedge with sloping sides, plus side and rear skirts.
    Weight: 99kg
    Colour: Crocodilian-style texture, and evil face on wedge.
    Power: 2 S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v
    Speed: 20mph
    Wheels: 2 foam-filled go-kart tires. These poke up through the robot to make it invertible.
    Batteries: 4 NiMH
    Armour: The flipper, sides, and rear are 5mm hardox 650, whilst and underbelly is 6mm G5 Ti. Added to the flipper is a 5mm Lexan covering in case of spinning weapons.
    Dimenisons in CM: 95 x 75 x 20
    Weaponry: A giant front-hinged flipper powered by a 5kg CO2 canister, running 2/3rds up the front wedge. This gives WR enough power for 30-35 flips, and to launch an opponent (on top of him) from the middle of the arena to a CPZ and quite possibly over the fence.
    Srimech: Invertible, but can flip itself over anyway.
    Strengths: Fast, hard to get under (and flip), and powerful weapon.
    Weaknesses: No damaging weaponry.

The pic is now in my profile.

Ill have a crack at it

Power: 2 S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v

Dont use the heading Power because that is too broad and a miss used term for what your explaining. Use Drive. 2 x S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v is fine, but maybe you want to explain a bit about the gearing and wheels. Im guess you dont know how to calculate the ratios. Looking at your stats, the robot is invertible and 200mm tall, so Im assuming your wheels are 200mm in diameter. To get 20MPH with those drive motors and those wheels, you need 9:1 gearing.

Batteries: 4 NiMH
    This is about as good as saying My robot has 4 motors. You need to clarify what batteries your using. If you dont know, ask I generalised through your stats and I believe you mean 4 x 36v NiMH packs, in either the 3000mAh or 3600mAh capacity. With the 3000mAh this will give you a minimum runtime of 3:52.

Weaponry: A giant front-hinged flipper powered by a 5kg CO2 canister, running 2/3rds up the front wedge. This gives WR enough power for 30-35 flips, and to launch an opponent (on top of him) from the middle of the arena to a CPZ and quite possibly over the fence.

A lot of talking, but no evidence to back it up. Your system seems like your basing it roughly on the power of WBC, which, with the combination of other things you have in the design, you probably wont have the weight for. You might want to look at other vapourbots like Geforce and Spinverter for well designed flipper systems which would fit into your design.

Thanks guys, Im improving it as we speak.

Nitrogen will have a higher gas pressure over CO2, because it doesnt liquify at under 1000psi, but you get less gas because of this.

An 80mm bore ram with a 200mm stroke, 3L buffertank, dual 1 burket solinoid valves and a 2KG CO2 storage tank will consume around 20kg of weight and will give you plenty of flipping power with roughly 15-20 flips (Il calculate that later)

Man, I am not good at this (having got a C in Physics :sad

Man, I am not good at this (having got a C in Physics )

LOL! I never did physics... nor did I do the smart maths

Okay. Ive got a new weapons and set-up, and updated the drive and batteries.

Drive: 2 S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v
    Batteries: 4 x 36v NiMH, capacity = 3600mAh
    Weaponry: A rear-hinged flipper powered by two 2kg Nitrogen tanks, each used seperately. (so I can use more gas)

Id like calculations for this please.

Register To Comment