Register To Comment

Thread: 29th June 2005 - Roaming Robots, Engineering 2005, Lincoln

Roaming Robots, Engineering 2005, Lincoln, 29th June 2005

Along side being a major contributor to the UK Robotic Games, which has already had 2 very successful heats involving schools from around the UK and we are looking forward to the final in July.

Roaming Robots has been running an educational project, working with schools in the Lincolnshire area over the last school year.

Well the school feather weight robots are currently, frantically being finished in preparation for the Final, where each robot will be tested to its extreme, to play football, complete an assault course, and finally enter the war zone, in the fight to the death knock out competition.

The final event will take place on Wednesday 29th June, at the Newark showground as an addition to the following.

Engineering 2005,
    An Exhibition of Manufacturing, Technology,
    Learning & Recruitment in 2005

We are inviting a few roboteers, to come and demonstrate their robots, in the 5 x 5 arena, heavyweights, and feather weights welcome for demos, encouragement, house robot dutie, and to show them how it should be done.

If roboteers are interested in attending the event, then feel free to email us, where we would gladly give you some more information about the event, all weights are welcome, refreshments, and travel costs will be covered, limited spaces apply.

I am happy to also announce that this project has been granted funding to continue for a second year, along side a new type of educational project, so hopefully 2006 will see RR go from strength to strength in its educational remit.

John
    Roaming Robots

jonno is there anychance i could come down to this and stick my heavy on static?

hi kenny, as per my email which was sent 5 mins ago to all attending, be good to have you along.

John

Register To Comment