Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson connectros and drill battery

hi all

just recieved my anderson connectors, just wondering how to wire them up into a link? if someone could give a blow by blow account of what i should do that would be handy

also i am thinking of setting up a seperate circuit for my lifter motor, needing there fore a seperate power sorce and link. will this be allowed? i plan to fit the drive and weapon link together as they are anderson connectors, so slot together

also if powerfully enought i might use an old unused 7.2volt nicad pack for the lifter power, if not powerful enough can i use a 12v drill battery pack and connnect it just like a stick pack? and charge it the same way?

thanks hope it makes sense

alex

1) Andersons, hold the inner terminal bit in a vice and heat up, fill it with solder then push the wire in. (remembering to tin the wire first, i.e solder the striped end). Wait until cold before putting in the plastic housing or it will deform and either not work properly or you wont get it out.

2) yes a separated system for the lifter will be fine, as long as it is linked and has a separate power light (not sure if this is in the rules but it should be).

3) yes

on that site it talks about crimping is it either soldering or crimping or do i do both also, when i construct the link, in one link should it be black to black etc

thanks for the help that site is real help, thanks to ed aswell

alex

My preferance is to just solder them, that way you can re-use when you change the wiring. I Did start of crimping and solder but after the first re-wire I changed my mind.

ok thanks, but what colours go into which? its probably a rookie question but id rather get it perfect!

alex

Doesnt Matter for a link, but generally as you said, same colour to each other, If you use Black and red wire also then it is far easier to fault find knowing that all the black wires & connectors are negaitve and all the Red ones are Positive. If you use Drill Motors you might have noticed that one terminal has a red mark or dimple next to it, Most Manufactures use this to indicate that it is the Positive motor connetion where the motor will turn Clockwise, I also use red wires for this and black for the other (Where possible) , Knowing this Eliminates the guess work on which way the motor will run when wired up. For example in most robots the motors are opposite each other so you then know that if you connect one motor to the speed controller the other way around (ie Red to negative on the speed controller, and black to positive) then the wheels will go the same way around, assuming you get the receiver connections in the correct channels as well.

so in the actual link the bit that is removed would there be one black and one red?

thanks alex

for the link it doesnt really matter, there is only one way you can put it in. and its all part of the same line so you can even make it 1 colour if you want.

(Message edited by leorcc on August 09, 2007)

Register To Comment