Register To Comment
Page 109 of 168 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1674

Thread: Randomness

Karoline, just to reiterate:
    quote:

In a democratic society it is detrimental to grant laws to a specific sub-society, No matter how huge the minority may be.When I wrote this I meant every sub-society that demands special privileges.

quote:

Try discussing the theory of evolution in relation to the theory of dominant genes and the relevance of maths in the interaction of all things in the universe and see how long it takes before you are sounding like a mild nazi propoganda officer or a fundamentalist bible basher.Guilty as charged (as propagandist, not even close to bible basher ).

quote:

Creationism tends to be unpalatable to most as it leads to the question of who created it.Not so much as resistance from people like me who are appalled by the fact creationists try to pass creationism or intelligent design of as science and want it taught in schools as science without doing the legwork to make it science. Even devout christian scientists like Kenneth Miller and Robert Bakker and Francis Collins give no credence to creationism. And unless the creationists come up with observational empirical evidence, start writing scientific papers on the subject, and have them peer reviewed and published in scientific journals no scientist will.

btw Andy:

quote:

The bible is the bible, the same the world over.Want to place a bet on that?

Yes I heard about that while traveling in Germany on the British Forces Radio Station BFBS.

Really sickening.

On a lighter topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkqosRiyYo

Fox News, where the motto is: Get the facts, check them, doublecheck them, then check them again, and then run something else.

Register To Comment