N.B - Please check that all of your robots will fit into these rules before entering. If you don€™t then I will kick them out and if they are not replaced then real robots will take their place.

Welcome to the Fowler Fic War Series 3! I said that I€™d start sign-ups for the next war almost immediately and so here they are. This war will be very similar to the last one, but will have a few subtle changes, all to make the war more exciting and accessible than the last 2 series.

For those who didn€™t enter, or entered and didn€™t read the first, this is your chance to enter and/or to catch up on what happened in the first war. I will state the revolutionary new rules for the new series in a minute, but firstly let me show you the seedings, presuming that all robots below are entered, which I know for a fact they won€™t be!

Seedings:

Due to the new and extremely bizarre format being used for seedings this year, there will be absolutely no point in trying to predict the seedings as it will be a waste of time. What I will see is that Achilles will definitely have the number 1 seeding, but apart from that, no places are guaranteed.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

I€™m looking for 16 people to enter 8 robots each, all of which must fit inside these barriers

Max Weight- 100kg for normal robots
150kg for true walkers
125kg for shufflers or robots that run off movements such as Alex€™s screws
110kg for tracks

WEAPONRY RESTRICTIONS

No flame throwers, heat exuding weapons, missiles, explosive, magnets or water based weaponry

Discs- To work out the speed that your spinner must be, as not to self-destruct, you must use the following formulae. The formula is 5000-(Weight of weapon in kg x 100) = Max RPM of weapon. Therefore, for example, a 30kg disc would be 5000-(30x100) = 2000. So a 30kg weapon may not spin faster than 2000rpm

Axes/ Crushers- These must not have a force of more than 12 tonnes at the tip. (5 more than before)

Flippers- There is no specific restrictions on flippers, but if I believe that the flippers may not be able to take the force of the flips, then I will ask how you suggest that the flippers are modified to cope with this extra force.

Static weapons/ Weaponless robots- These are allowed, but please limit these to 1 robot per squad.

ROBOTIC TYPES AND REGULATIONS

Flying robots- Banned, don€™t argue. Just banned.

Clusterbots- These are allowed, but they must have no more than 5 parts. Also make sure you build them within the weight limit or they will be kicked out without hesitation.

THE REVOLUTIONARY PART OF THE TOURNAMENT!

The thing that makes this tournament so special is that, apart from the battles themselves, the entire tournament is based entirely on randomization.

First of all to be randomized is the draw. Once again, every entrant will have a number drawn for them, but this time, as opposed to it being in a patterned system, the draw will be done, much like the draws for the football. I will put the number of every robot into a drawing pot and then draw them at random into 16 heats of 8.

Next to be randomized is the style of the heat. Presuming I get 128 machines, there will be 16 heats, with 4 different formats used, each being used 4 times. The semi-finals will use the same annihilator format as in Series 2, and the final will be in the regular format.

The formats are as follows:

Format 1. Series 2 style heat with gauntlet, trial and then battles. N.B. 2 robots will be eliminated from the gauntlet and the trial. N.N.B. The trials this year will be Sumo, Speedway, Football and an entirely new one that I€™ve invented called Turntable.

Format 2. Series 5 style heat with 7 straight battles

Format 3. Series 7 style heat with two melees before 3 straight battles.

Format 4. My personal favourite, mainly because I invented it. The 5-minute massacre. All robots will stay in the arena for 5 minutes, seeing how many of the others they can eliminate inside 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, cease is called and however many robots are gone must leave and the whole process starts again. When 1 robot is left they go through to the series semis. The only difference this time is that if no machines are eliminated after 5 minutes, we will instead extend the time by 30 seconds until a machine is kicked out.

Next, we meet€¦

THE ARENAS.

Before we meet the arenas, I€™ll tell you how the heats will work in relation to the heats.

Format 1- The gauntlet and trial will be played in their normal arena and the battles will take place in separate ones

Format 2- the arena used will be changed after every round as opposed to every battle this year.

Format 3- a different arena will be used for each battle.

Format 4- the whole heat will take place in one arena. If the arena is one with house robots in then they will be taken out until only 4 robots are left.

There are 6 arenas and here they are!

Arena 1- Classic Arena- This is the exact arena from Series 6, 6 not 7, 6. This means that you can still get stuck underneath the buttons etc. It also means that the spinner is still there, however this will be going for the whole fight as the button gets in the way of good action. Fights here will be of varying lengths as the machines themselves control the arnea.

Arena 2- The plinth- If you imagine that the platform that used to be used for Sumo Basho was greatly enlarged by about 6 times, then you€™ve got the idea. There are no house robots and no features whatsoever. Fights here will be short as it€™ll be a case of whoever can push their opponent out first

Arena 3- The Butcher€™s- A large square box. This time the main features, are the spiked rails around the side onto which you can put a robot, but not flip out the arena, and 4 holes in the roof, from which come up and down, in a set pattern, 4x 200kg blocks made of solid steel, with a hardox tipped point at the end of them, which will fall on you with enough force to crush a Land Rover. As well as this there are 4 CPZ€™s, each occupied by one of our resident house robots. The spiked strips are back and are about a metre wide. They€™ve been designed to be almost impossible to escape from unless you can flip yourself off or maybe if you€™re an axlebot. Fights here tend to last quite a while as unless flippers are involved, it€™s difficult to dispose of your opponent.

Arena 4 - With the helix having been dropped we introduces another one, the secondary classic arena. This is a new arena from the sense that is has never been used before however all obstacles have been seen somewhere else. In the center of the arena lies a bay of 3 killsaws. The edges are a 50cm wall, designed for only the best flippers to get robots out. Instead of CPZ€™s, we have the old PPZ with 3 robots occupying the space. In 2 of the corners we have grills, designed to trap robots and stop them getting away. In another one, we have a pit that will be released 2/3 the way through the fight and finally a raising bank of spikes like the ones at Battlebots. These fights tend to be reasonably short as there are several ways to dispose of your opponent.

Arena 5- Yet another new arena has come to grace our computers. The Traps. This arena is a large square with steep ramps going at 50 degrees, and each slope is about 1m high. The arena has 10 trap door pits, supported by electromagnets. Every 30 seconds one of the traps is released at random, meaning that if you€™re on top of one after 30 seconds then you may go flying down it. Fights here are long unless there are overkill spinners capable of immobilization

Arena 6- Le Rip Off (Apologies to Frank, but I was getting desperate) - A box with absolutely no features whatsoever. The only 2 ways of disposing of robots, is either to wait until they break down, or to push them out of the one-way door in the arena. OK, so there was one feature, but still. Fights here are long as the electromagnets require a force of at least 15BHp to break it open.

Next, are the house robots.

Father of Rotatovator- My most dangerous robot has been made into the most dangerous of the house robots. This 347kg robot has updated its weapon to 80kg at 2500rpm means that he can tear through a car without a problem. This version is still legged but thanks to the new powerful motors can move at up to 9mph

Pearcer- Our tribute to the best football and worst Robot Wars commentator of all time. Weighing 125kg and armed with 2 splinter style side arms and a large pneumatic drill hops to cut with as much venom as Jonno€™s tongue

Buzz Flight-Gear- Weighing in at 140kg this robot is a large quick wedge shape and out of the wedge comes a mini but deadly killsaw capable of sawing dreams quicker than Simon Cowell€™s voice. It also has the power and speed of Storm 2 and will smack all robots into submission.

Dynamite Tee-Hee!- What would house robots be without one that has a flamethrower. This flamethrower is like a lance and can pick robots up before grilling them to a cinder. It also has a rear axe which hits with the force of Dominator 2

Ringlets- Not the Daddy, but possibly the most dangerous of the house robots, Ringlets is a horizontal spinner and a full body spinner in 1. A cylinder divided into 3 with 2 spinning rings around the outside sections and a large 35kg spinning disc in the center, means that anyone coming near this will feels over 170kg of pain.

Smack the Flipper- A combined flipper and Hammer, 223kg Smack, has a large Terrorhurtz style axe with about double the power and a front flipper with the force of Chaos 2.

And finally€¦.our referee

Donald Tr-Umpire

Weighing in at 130kg this is the first referee with a genuine weapon. As well as having the normal counter etc and fire extinguisher, this referee is armoured with a Srimech and a large cutting claw for those robots that decide to take him on.

But wait! There€™s a new one!

The Evil Disemboweller- This robot is a large double wedge with a large vertical disc at the top. The disc is too high to hit anything below about 50cm high though, so on the front are 2x 50cm long lifting forks. These have been designed to use screws spinning through the top of them to drag robots further on. This will enable him to lift them up into the disc and therefore into a large amount of destruction as the disc has about 200Kj worth of energy.

The final thing, which you have to have read the stats to be able to do, is to enter your stats into this format. Those inputs marked with a (1) require only to be put in with the first robots stats. Those marked with an asterisk are not necessary, but may help your cause. All other categories must be filled in

Your Name(1)-
Other team members(1)-
Team Name(1)-
Robot Name-
Weight-
Shape-
Colour*-
Speed-
Locomotion-
Armour-
Power-
Weaponry-
Srimech*-
Robot most compared to*-
Robot most feared*-
House robot most feared*(Mine)-
Preferred Heat Format*-
Preferred Arena*-
Strengths*-
Weaknesses*-
Notes*-
Extras*-

I€™m sorry for making something so long for you to read, but I felt it was necessary.

GET ENTERING! Any queries just ask me! If you feel any of the regulations are unfair, or in the case of weaponry you feel that one of your robots that doesn€™t fit in should be allowed in then tell me.

Matty F
http://www.hakascorner.co.uk
http://www.hakascorner.co.uk