Yes, so the last one only just finished, but hey, I might need a while to get entries. So offfff weeee gooooo

NSBFL rules and regulations

Please read these rules thoroughly before entering.

Entering

I need 16 people to enter up to 4 heavyweight machines, and one feather, light, and middleweight. Vapourbots are preferred, but you can enter real robots according to the following guidelines:

1)Either the real robot must not have been seen in the televised rounds of a robotic combat event, or it has been on telly but not progressing beyond round 1.
2)Before entering it, make sure you have enough data for me to write a realistic fight with it. I need details on shape, weapon, armour and drive as the bare minimum. Find a web-page if possible.
3)Unseen upgrades of seen robots are only allowed if they are very different from the seen version. So no-one is to enter Gravity 4, OK? :P
4)If you want to enter a real robot, but none spring to mind, I have prepared a list of machines you can choose from. Just ask me and I€™ll list them with brief summaries.
5)If a real robot does well, I€™m afraid you don€™t get any credit. That goes to the team actually building the machine.
6)Robots under construction, but not finished, such as Hell Machine, count as vapourbots.
7)If I don€™t get enough entries, then I will pad out the ranks with real robots or past entries from retired vapour €˜boteers.

For those who don€™t know, featherweights can be up to 12 KG€™s, Lightweights are 25 KG€™s and middleweights are 50 KG€™s.

Reserving places

This is allowed if your name isn€™t Andy Jackson, Scott Anderson, Nick Shuch or Tom Roper. If you ARE one of those individuals and want to enter, then get all your stats in ASAP as I won€™t hold spaces open for you.

Robot and weapon rules

Minimum entry details

Name: Obvious
Shape: Also obvious. If it€™s an odd shape, please provide a picture.
Mobility: State what moves the robot, and how many of them there are. You don€™t need to tell me what powers them, but obviously the more info you give me the better feel I€™ll have for your robot.
Weapon: Even if you have a passive wedge, it counts as a weapon. Give me at least a rough idea of the power.
Armour: If you miss this out I will assume your machine has no armour. Please state armour type and thickness€¦ And I mean EXACT thickness. Saying €œThick Titanium€ will get you a €œThick Ear€.
Turning circle: Obviously I need to know how manoeuvrable your machine is.
Ground clearance: Again, I need to know if your machine can be gotten under. If you have skirts, state it or I will assume there aren€™t any. Also state how many there are, or I will assume you have two side skirts and no others.

Also, please try to keep your descriptions as brief as possible while still giving me enough info to work with. Reading through an essay of stats whenever I need to find something out *looks at Dave S* can really destroy the creative process. Due to this reason, it would help no end if you could summarise your robot with strengths and weaknesses. However, if you€™re going to put silly things in this section, leave it out. Thanks.

Spinning weapons

Please either provide a KJ or HP count, or a rough idea of how much damage it can do. Rough ideas will be accepted as long as they are reasonable. €œIt can do quite a lot of damage, but may struggle against tough armour€ is reasonable. €œIt€™s ten times more powerful than SuperNova€ isn€™t, and I will ask you to back said claim up.

If you want to calculate the KJ count but don€™t know how, use this link:

http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml
http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml

Also, please note that if you produce a spinner doing 100 or more KJ€™s per strike, I will want to know about any systems you may have to prevent the machine dying from its own hits.

Passive weapons

These are allowed, but do remember they€™ll lose you points for €œdamage€, and there€™s always the chance of getting the Last €˜Bot Standing arena. You use these at your own risk

Interchangeable weapons

No more than five weapon set ups. If you have more, state beforehand which ones you intend to use. Please note, if you have, for example, two spinning disks, one horizontal, one vertical, they still count as two set-ups.

Variety

If I feel too many machines with a certain weapon type have been entered, I will refuse entry of any more. Everyone seems to have a well rounded team of vapours, so this shouldn€™t be a problem

Note. I count horizontal and vertical spinners as different as they have different effects on the opponent.

Walkers, shufflers and tracked machines

I believe I am one of the pioneers of the 150 KG walker limit, and it€™s a limit I intend to stick to. Shufflers and tracked machines both get a 10% weight bonus.

Please note, I think the SAWD and Anarchy systems count as shuffling.

Other movement types

Some robots, such as Alex Holt€™s Blizzard, and Aaron Knight€™s Gyroforce have unique movement types. If one is entered, I will use my discretion to work out if it will be allowed a weight bonus. Please note I will be making my decision based on how heavy I believe the movement system to be.

Flying machines

If at any point they fly over the open pit, moat, or over the arena walls, they are counted as out.

Cluster €˜bots

The rules for cluster €˜bots are as follows:

1)100% of a cluster €˜bot must be stopped to immobilise it, but dead parts count heavily against a cluster €˜bot in damage stakes.
2)No more than three parts are allowed.
3)No part of a cluster €˜bot is allowed to have a mass of less than 10% of the overall weight. *Looks at Alex and Ramthrax*
4)In your stats, you must provide details of the linking system.
5)The cluster €˜bot must be able to re-link after unlinking. *Looks at Typhoon Twins*

Electromagnets

These are not allowed for use in weapons. Nor are you allowed to use any other kind of electricity in your weapon, aside from what€™s powering your spinning disk, axe or whatever.

Misc rules

BIIBI

BIIBI stands for €œBuild it, I€™ll believe it€. If your machine is labelled with this, feel free to ask me why. Normally it will go to machines with weapons I think are too powerful, or may be overweight.

If you do have a machine labelled BIIBI, you have one of three options:

1)Convince me of why I€™m wrong. Technical answers only please. Just saying €œYou€™re wrong, you suck€ is the fast way of getting ignored. Please note this is by no means impossible. For example, Aaron did a good job of convincing me MDU 3 can probably survive its own hits.
2)Change the problem area of your machine
3)Withdraw it and replace it with something else.

If something is still BIIBI€™d when the draw goes up, it will be replaced with a real robot of my choosing.

Judges decisions

Decisions will be based on control, aggression and damage. For each category, 5 points are divided between the two machines with no decimals. Because of this, ties will be impossible. If two machines are deemed immobilised at the same time, they will be patched up as much as possible and then sent to fight again.

Tactics

Most people like to enter tactics, but this is not compulsory. If you don€™t enter tactics, I will assume you are competent and you may still win if the fight goes that way.

Complaints

I€™m only human, and make mistakes. If you feel your robot was unfairly beaten, please tell me in a reasonable tone of voice, NOT shouting the odds. Those who shout or act in an inappropriate manner will be ignored.

When I receive a complaint, I will review the fight with the complaint in mind. If I€™m satisfied that I did make a mistake then you will receive an apology and an offer of a re-write.

Arenas

As with the previous two series, there are random arenas just to keep everyone on their toes. However, this time around arenas will be announced before the fight as it€™ll make tactics easier. The arenas are as follows:

Classic:

Like the series 4 arena. All 4 house machines are present, as well as a pit and floor flipper. The pit descends after three minutes have passed, or when an expired competitor is being disposed of.

Moat:

No house robots in this arena, but no walls! Fights in this arena tend to be short. To win, either destroy your opponent in the usual manner or shove them into the moat.

Unimmediate peril:

This is like the Classic arena, but with one difference. There are no house robots until two minutes have passed. After that time, one randomly chosen house robot enters, and has no restrictions.

Last €˜bot standing:

People with non-damaging weapons hate this arena. The only way to win is to immobilise your opponent. There is no possibility of OOTA-ing, and there are no house robots or traps of any kind. Because of this, fights in this arena tend to be very long, and one match was decided by who had the more batteries.

Roulette

A circular arena, with a PPZ like in series 1 and 2 of the real wars, in which roam all the house machines. There are also six pits in this arena, arranged in a circular fashion. When a robot goes over one, it activates a sensor, and one of the six pits will open, so you have a one in six chance of going bye-byes if you go over a pit. These open trap-door fashion, so if you are caught there€™s no appeal. It is possible to OOTA machines here.

The house machines

Bane

Shape: Shaped like a hand and wrist.
Weapon: The fingers are crushers running at 3000 PSI.
Armour: 5 mm hardox mostly, but the back of the wrist is a 3 CM hardox counterweight to stop it overbalancing thanks to all the hydraulics in the front.
Strengths: Unflippable thanks to huge weight, very punishing weapon.
Weaknesses: Very very slow.

The Militant

Shape: Like T-Bone from series 5
Weapons: Two side flame throwers and a 15 KG horizontal disc where the spike used to be.
Armour: 6 mm steel.
Strengths: Painful flywheel.
Weaknesses: Maximum Velocity.

Uncle Tomahawk

Shape: Like FrenZy.
Weapon: Terrorhurtz style axe, but has two blades like + allowing it to also cause damage by spinning on the spot.
Armour: 5 mm grade 5 Ti.
Strengths: Good axe, quite nippy.
Weaknesses: Axe can run out of gas, may sometimes be too powerful for its own good.

Flipup

Shape: Think Gravity, with Behemoth€™s scoop on the back. However, the scoop part is the front.
Weapons: Front electric scoop, rear pneumatic flipper with Gravity style power. Was thought up before I€™d even heard of Gravity, so be quiet :P
Armour: 4 mm hardox.
Strengths: Very good weapons, also fairly quick.
Weaknesses: Can flip itself over if it misses.

The seeds

Assuming all these robots are entered, the seeds will be:

1)Achilles
2)Maximum Velocity
3)Wedge Whatever
4)Dervish Something
5)Parasite
6)The Deer/Crusher Chaos
7)Sheer Hell
SegV2 or whatever
9)Monsoon - won the new blood
10)Hell Machine - previous champ, always done fairly well
11)Venom, for similar reasons as Hell Machine
12)Drilla Killa - Been around a little while, helped win the football
13)Battle Raptor - Like Drilla Killa, but hasn€™t been around as long.
14)Going Crunch - For being around a few seasons and always getting through round 1.
15)Kruel Intent - €¦Just for being around a long time really
16)Love Bite - For coming 2nd in the new blood.

WAKE UP!!!

€¦I€™m done