Hello,

I am hoping that someone will read this and help me. Although I deal with pcs and networks and a daily basis, I have never done any robotics until my son asked if we can build one. He is 7. I have read a few books and have a very basic understanding of how I want to proceed.
At this moment in time I do not want to use a Stamp or programmable chip.

I wonder if anyone has a cicuit diagram I could have for a breadboard based robot.
I have 2X 555 chips, 1x556 chip, 2XJR Servos (now Hacked so I can get 360 rotation, a breadboard, a host of capasitors,resistors and diodes, a base,wheels, micro switches and whiskers.

Again I want to avoid programming on my first robot so my son can understand (and me) how the electrical side works first.

All I want is a robot that will move forward until one of its whiskers hits something and then backs up and turns and then continues on its way until it hits something again.

I know I will need a stepper motor control circuit, an H bridge, a 9v supply and a 6v supply.

I just need some help with the circuit diagrams and how to combine the above.

I know I am asking for a lot but I am just hoping someone out there has done this project already and will share their experience with us.

Thank you.

David and Tyler