Register To Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Encouraging International Competition / Harmonizing Rules

I cant be 100% sure on what Dantomkia uses, Mike may tell you later, but from what he spoke to me about and from viewing it, its more of a bungie clip, that clips onto the Link. Idea is to push the clip away then you can pull the link, all with the use of 2 digits and a thumb. But you can still pull it out if you yank it, like the Tech Crew did when the robot was driven back out of the arena, then deactivated by the Tech Crew. (this damaged mikes bungie clip thing, which is why his link came out in the All Stars final). Well you shouldnt need a clip thing mikey

Pussycats link does rub up against some ali. It proberly is up against alot of friction, have to push quite hard to get it in, and pull, well not hard to pull back out, just hard to put it in.

But still - my mini anderson links i use in my feathers from FW.org, none of them have came lose, and there not rubbed up against something.

Hear so many link fell out. Personaly i dont know how thats possible. LOL! If someone hits it, then fine. But there quite hmm strong in terms of clipping them together for them to just shake lose. I dont know.

Mr Stu

Feather Weight people - a semi poll has been set up on FeatherWeights.org, just out of interest what other featherweight roboteers views are about increaeing from 12kg to 13.6kg, for this big event or/and for the future.

Mr Stu
    http://www.FeatherWeights.org/coms.htm>

on the subject of links
    the only reason links come out mid fight is because they arent in properly or a poor design on holding them in.
    In my previous heavy TX-108 we had the link come out a few times due to where we put it and how it was put in.
    In Tanto the link is floating in the back (can only move a few inches in either direction it never goes out of reach be cause it cant) Ive ran tanto in brick walls and been slammed by the likes of Strom 2 and Mute and its not come out.

it does happen but not if you do it right

Links:
    2001 The Dutch Battles: Our very first heavyweight, our very first fight and the link falls out. Bugger. We use other links since then and found that it really depends on
    1. the person putting them in (like carefully and concentrated, making sure it sticks) and
    2. the use/abuse of the link itself (some wear out after a time and have to be replaced).

Featherweight weight:
    It was exactly in order to avoid these kinds of discussions that I have pushed the Dutch (and the Germans a bit too) into accepting the FRA rules as the European Standard.
    The issue is that two different leagues have established different weight limits because one uses the metric scale and the other doesnt. 1,6 kg may make a difference in a featherweight (extra weapon/armor/motorpower, less weapon/armor/motorpower) and that is something most of us have in mind when discussing this.
    My opinion: If you want to play on the other playground then you must obey their rules and vice versa. I really dont care about going to the USA with a 12 kg robot without adding some extras because I know that whatever Mario and I build will be up to the challenge anyway (our motto: if it cant take it we dont want it). Our second heavyweight in the second Dutch Battles did not exceed the 90 kg mark and we didnt care. Why should we ? In that same series a cluster came out at some 103 kg and their opponents agreed to accept it. The cluster lost by the way, but it made one of the most delightful fights of that series.
    So... if American featherweights want to fight here they should abide by the 12 kg rule. If they cant, say: they cant shed weight because it would mean seriously disabling their chances, and they ask for an exemption to be made then I think it should be up to the opponents whether they agree with it or not. I would agree, if only for the challenge. And sportsmanship.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Well all i can say is both of you can shut up.
    Like big boys with your big toys

(But honest James, its nasty! LOL!!!)

But saying that - we hanvt seen this 5Kj bot work yet, just boasts, nor the flipper, you never know Geoff, it might be good, but it aint been fully working yet.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment