Register To Comment
Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Roaming Robots, Winter Tour

** Roaming Robots Winter Tour - Update **

After a long wait, the Winter tour is finally upon us, and what a scorcher we have planned.
    6 Dates, 6 Venues, with a grand final at the Doncaster Dome.

They are:-

Round 1
    Sep 18th/19th
    Newport Centre
    Newport

Round 2
    Oct 2nd/3rd
    Meadowbank Sports Centre
    Edinburgh

Round 3
    Oct 16th/17th
    Perdiswell Leisure Centre
    Worcester

Round 4
    Oct 30th/31st
    Lynnsport & Leisure Park

Round 5
    Nov 13th/14th
    Hull (To Be Finally Confirmed)

Round 6 - The Final
    Nov 27th/28th
    The Dome
    Doncaster

Each of the venues will contain a mixture of entertainment, demonstrations, and an ongoing competition running throughout.
    Everything will be laid out from the start and regular updates of placing€™s and fight results will be sent and displayed to both the roboteer community and the general public.

We have been experimenting with different aspects in the past within our shows, and Newcastle saw a turning point, with the audience desperately wanting more.

The new shows will not be simply a production line of fights as they may have been previously, they will be structured, with specific fights / demonstrations / breaks.
    As per the last Newcastle event, we will have a series of destruct-a-bots, some other gimmicks to add to the show element.

There will be seeds judged from previous RR event results, these are more for an audience point of view than anything else helping to tell a story.
    Judged not only on current performance, but attendance rate, showmanship, and entertainment value.

They are :-

1) Ewe 2
    2) Mute
    3) Revolution
    4) Big Nipper
    5) Kan Opener
    6) Thor

The fight format will consist of a mixture of white board / entertainment / random fights, We are not saying you will never get to choose, but we want you to have to fight people you would not normally choose to.

Some venues may run restricted appearance money, depending upon ticket sales.
    While all robots are welcome at ALL rounds, financially we can not guarantee we will be able to pay for every robot that attends if an event becomes very popular robot numbers wise.
    Under normal circumstances, with average robot numbers, we will endeavor to do our best as we have done in the past.

All venues will be dealt with on a first come first served basis, on our official sign up page for each one, after the cut off limit, extra robots will be put on a waiting list for the attendance fee, but will still be very welcome to attend.

We advise you sign up as soon as you decide to come, but please do not sign up if do not 100% intend to attend.

Please be aware specific details may change through out, however we will keep you as up to date as we can where ever possible.

Robots wishing to attend each event, sign up pages for each venue will be online on our website shortly, through this, specific information regarding each event will be fed to attending teams.

We will update when we are ready for specific robot sign up.

Regards

Roaming Robots Crew
    http://www.roamingrobots.co.ukwww.roamingrobots.co.uk

Well be at them all (although have to miss the Saturday at Newport). May have the new Alpha done for then as well!

revolutionroger
    Team Revolution will be at them all.

Going to go and fix the Anti-Thor Device now (since Axe-Awe got carried away with it).

Realy looking forward to this. I just think we should invest in some Groupies to follow us around, now that we are officialy on tour.

Roger.

well be at the lost with Tanto
    just got some merchandise arranged plecturms anyone???

Sign up pages are now online (oh boy here comes the applications) - one person per day please. LOL!!!! dont want to bog down the email server. LOL!!!

(Go for it!) So yeah online sign ups now up.
    Any questions - get in touch at jonno@roamingrobots.co.uk

Robot sign up page is online now at http://www.roamingrobots.co.uk/event...rtour2004.htm>

revolutionroger
    Queries :
    STU : Sign up page on RR website - is this just for the newsletter - or as a competitor, do I need to do anything else ? I have indicated my commitment to attend all events, is that enough.

IAN : Not quite sure what to say about you and a punk rock group - I have so many questions - some of which I dont think I want answered.

Roger.

9. i can see them. try refreshing the page whilst holding down the Alt key.

Register To Comment