Register To Comment
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: South East FRA Region Meeting

Andrews Garrard? Im not a cluster bot, although if youre going off weight...

Good to see everyone (eventually - knew I shouldnt have said the A259 would make it easy to find the place). 160-ish miles from Debenham, and about 2 1/2 hours, plus a bit if you miss and go through Newhaven, should that information help anyone around Easter. Fortunately, it was only 70 miles back home, which makes Brighton very slightly further away from me than Cambridge (which is why Im hoping the East Anglian group will get their act together too).

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions (including Mike embarrassing me with a novice error with the pivot point for a flipper - I actually *do* know better, but my first combat part failure seems to have been my brain). Interesting to get such a view of the politics in the roboteering community, too - most of its hidden on this site!

Still, thanks to everyone for a friendly welcome to the FRA. Next time we do this, Ill try to get there earlier and mingle with the other half of the table. :-) (And Karolines right - Ian, you didnt look well; speedy recovery!)

Now the question is whether Ill still be able to match names and faces *next* time... I was expecting a small local pub and six or seven people - not something that seats hundreds and four tables worth of roboteers! Ill know for next time. :-)

Looking forward to seeing many of you in action at Debenham (even though Im going to be restricted to the public bits of the event).

Finally, good to put a face to you too, Eddy! Karoline - oh, *that* posting (when you mentioned it, I was trying to connect the tattoo with the women-in-robotics thread). :-)

When shall we, er, about twenty, meet again?

--
    Fluppet

Eddy, that sounds like a discount talking there.

Mike.

Register To Comment