Register To Comment
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Power/failsafe LED

Oh btw, many people have been putting the LEDs directly onto the Battery eliminator curcuit, do not do this as it draws too much currunt from it and the receiver just shuts down.
    Although if you have a seperate battery pack for the receiver, this may be a good simple idea

Grant-PloughBot-Team Rc Wars

I use 12v standard LEDs, and i do run it straight after the link.
    But i have known a few teams such as Rampage who have tried putting them straight to the BEC.
    The BEC only gives out a very small current anyway, but even a standard LED will draw too much of it from the receiver.
    Just incase people try to fit their LEDs on the day of an event, make sure you dont make that mistake or you might not realise why your robot wont respond!

Grant-PloughBot- Team Rc Wars

Erm, well i only know about this from electrolise, and its the same with a few people, so they must just have very low currents.

im not sure about rampage, as far as i know i think they put it directly across the BEC.
    Im not too sure actually what resistor i use, its linked upto 24vwith a resister which i thought limited the LED to 12v. If not i must have this all wrong, oops. But i know i deffinatly connect them to 24v, but my dad bought the resistor and LED, so i must have got mistaken somewhere.

Thanks
    Grant-PloughBot-Team Rc Wars

Register To Comment