Register To Comment
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: ENVY

Sounds interesting Shane, will be following the progress I think

Will it look more or less the same as the current one or will there be changes?

hmmmmmmm there will i think be changes but subtle ones. the main thing will be the inner chassis which will improve the robot loads. mabee the back end will slope down in 1 instead of 2 to save weight and it will be more compact inside so save weight all for total hardox armour. the base will be the same just building up from that again so same width and length.....mabee a couple of inches shorter on the rear tho

Hardox ordered today in the form of 4x 3.2mm....1000mm by 500mm sheets ready to form in the shape of envy. ........... its good to be building again i love it

now got everything to start building. got me lots of stainless tube for chassis and lots of hardox for armour. got a new Wotty Interface Controller to fire weapons and will marry up to the wotty 360 nice. new batteries and new valves it will almost be a new robot. hope i am doing the right thing here. changing the shape a bit too. will be the same front but the back will slope down instead of step down and will be just a little taller with wider flipper. start chassis on 30th december and will try and do a build diary. hope to have the team bud site to put it all on too. all go............yay

Put some new pics on the build diary on teambud website. Under robots button at the bottom of the page.

Cool! U going to rebuild Envy?
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

...well, given that hes started rebuilding it Id say yes :P

Been looking at the pics, appears to be progressing well...will soon be at the point where you can just shove all the bits of the old Envy back in again by the looks of it

Thats the plan. Tho the components will be shuffled a bit to make it easier for tech checks and arming/disarming for arena marshalls. Will be posting more pics up soon on teambud website.

I think Swanny is doing something similar to me with Apocalypse. Basically ironing out some little desgin flaws and niggles, to make it easier to access some bits.

(Message edited by geeza on January 02, 2009)

All armour is now cut and most welded where needed. Hard bit now is countersinking hardox. Envy looks well hard now and more room inside for easy servicing. Which is nice.

Register To Comment